COD: Advanced Warfare benchmarks- a well optimized game?

Humbug

When did a new COD game ever cost $37? Also, even if it was $74 that's not actually that much... It has already been analyzed that when you account for inflation over the years, and the increased cost of development, the fact that we are still paying in the $60 range for most AAA titles is actually a very good deal. But I don't expect that kind rational thinking out of you.

Ok if you wanna get technical about it they always costed 60 at launch. But not 74. To elaborate further, Steam recently launched regional pricing for several countries including my own.

Now almost all publishers realize that having a significantly weaker economy means people here just really can't afford many games if any at all: Minimum wage per hour in the US roughly equates minimum wage per day here in Mexico and all prices scale down accordingly except luxury items like videogames. This means that other games that normally retail at 60 bucks end up costing like 40-45 USD here. That's awesome.

Some other publishers just do a normal exchange so games end up costing the equivalent of 60 USD, that's also quite acceptable and the way we have been purchasing games for a while now in steam

But some stupid assholes like Activision, actually increase the price here so it's actually more expensive at 74 USD, Why? Because Fuck you, pay us. No seriously, the console version is probably going to retail for 80 bucks and they didn't want to have that much of a disparity. Now that is just a shitty thing to do since there is no good motherfucking reason why it should cost more, there is no import tax on digital goods and no distribution costs associated with them either, its virtually all fucking profit for them so if I see a brand new game on Steam for close to half that price why should I waste my fucking money on the greedy dickheads at Activision?

That's right, I shouldn't and nobody abroad should.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Glad to see there's no 90 fps cap as rumored 

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

Having this game look good and run smooth is a surprise

Pretty surprising to me, considering every screenshot I've seen looks like absolute shit.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I haven't played CoD since MW2...but I might give in now.

Probably still buggy, so I'll wait for some patches before purchase.

Edit: wish I could delete my own posts.... Double post happens on mobile network :(

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I haven't played CoD since MW2...but I might give in now.

Probably still buggy, so I'll wait for some patches before purchase.

I haven't played it since CoD (2003) lol. If its on xmas sale for £5 I'd buy it.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

The said the minimum specs for this game is 6 GB RAM, right? Any confirmation if the game uses this much?

Great to see idTech 3 *cough* I mean IW running so well on today's cutting edge hardware 11-12 years after first appearing on the scene...

You'd think by now that yeah they'd have a pretty good grasp on it :\

(Yes we know it's heavily modified blah blah.  Don't be so noisy you'll scare them from the bait)

Well it actually seems to be a pretty good game all things considered. Yea it's still a COD game but it's the best COD game in a long time.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Great to see idTech 3 *cough* I mean IW running so well on today's cutting edge hardware 11-12 years after first appearing on the scene...

You'd think by now that yeah they'd have a pretty good grasp on it :\

(Yes we know it's heavily modified blah blah.  Don't be so noisy you'll scare them from the bait)

Actually it's much older since it's the modified quake 3 engine. So yeah I guess we can thank Carmack for his brilliance that stood the test of time, too bad that again Activision is screwing a lot of us over with regional pricing.

-------

Current Rig

-------

the bench looks great, I hope that I can play it on my HD6950 at 1080p medium setting  

Timothy Harnamji

From my experience so far it seems well optimized.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I'll give it a chance once on sale

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Ok if you wanna get technical about it they always costed 60 at launch. But not 74. To elaborate further, Steam recently launched regional pricing for several countries including my own.

Now almost all publishers realize that having a significantly weaker economy means people here just really can't afford many games if any at all: Minimum wage per hour in the US roughly equates minimum wage per day here in Mexico and all prices scale down accordingly except luxury items like videogames. This means that other games that normally retail at 60 bucks end up costing like 40-45 USD here. That's awesome.

Some other publishers just do a normal exchange so games end up costing the equivalent of 60 USD, that's also quite acceptable and the way we have been purchasing games for a while now in steam

But some stupid assholes like Activision, actually increase the price here so it's actually more expensive at 74 USD, Why? Because Fuck you, pay us. No seriously, the console version is probably going to retail for 80 bucks and they didn't want to have that much of a disparity. Now that is just a shitty thing to do since there is no good motherfucking reason why it should cost more, there is no import tax on digital goods and no distribution costs associated with them either, its virtually all fucking profit for them so if I see a brand new game on Steam for close to half that price why should I waste my fucking money on the greedy dickheads at Activision?

That's right, I shouldn't and nobody abroad should.

Can you use Greenman Gaming? You can get it for like $50.

i like how everybody is surprised

WHAT a good port ... odd

WHAT ?? its optimized too omg ?!??!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

The said the minimum specs for this game is 6 GB RAM, right? Any confirmation if the game uses this much?

I have 8GB RAM, the system idles at 3.9 GB ( multitasking FTW) at CoD it is at 7.9GB(=max) but it runs nicely

increase

I have the same problem here in Turkey but not with Activision oddly enough. Instead it's 2K and Ubisoft that are the retarded ones.

Even Activision is smarter than Ubisoft, this must be a new low for them.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I have the same problem here in Turkey but not with Activision oddly enough. Instead it's 2K and Ubisoft that are the retarded ones.

Even Activision is smarter than Ubisoft, this must be a new low for them.

Couldn't tell you about Ubi, I refuse to go anywhere near Uplay or Ubisoft.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Pretty surprising to me, considering every screenshot I've seen looks like absolute shit.

....have you even tried to look for some good quality video of it?

1080@60 that video and tell me it looks bad. Is it pushing any extremes? no. Does it look bad? no. It actually looks pretty good.

get off the mindless hate wagon bro.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Welp, I'm sold. I am going to have to buy this for the weekend.

TB even seems to like it.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

When did a new COD game ever cost $37? Also, even if it was $74 that's not actually that much... It has already been analyzed that when you account for inflation over the years, and the increased cost of development, the fact that we are still paying in the $60 range for most AAA titles is actually a very good deal. But I don't expect that kind rational thinking out of you.

I have no idea of his local game prices,, But I'd have to say in the case of most call of duty games it just feels like you're paying full price for them to reskin the same freaking game and maybe throw together a half arsed single player that no one I know even plays so I'd value the average COD at about $20 if i'm being kind. No wait I take that back I forgot about the season pass or all the maps you need to buy and it not coming with zombies without paying extra so I'd say it's less valuable then most COD games and don't think anyone should support this type of BS.

Same reason Farcry 4 will be the first Farcry I don't buy and I have 2 copies of every Farcry including those stupid console spin offs and the collectors and survivors editions with all the bonus crap for 2 and 3

I mean PC version still says hold X tell me that's not just them being too lazy to change it from PS4 to PC.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

And here we have it. Only 2 comments in.

Game runs great: "It's just a ancient game engine and isn't impressive that's why it runs good!!1! Dev doesn't care about PC!"

Game runs bad: "What an unoptimized piece of cow dung!1! Dev doesn't care about PC!"

Welcome to LTT, enjoy your circle jerk stay.

The amusing thing is Canadians are at 69.99 for a game now, things have been going up slowly but not at the rate they should be when games, if you want to keep things fair, should really be closer to 90-100.

Also LOL at his logic of "it will have hacks cause its peer to peer". What, having a different system changes that? Last I checked, dedicated server based games still get hacks like no tomorrow. 

The amusing thing is Canadians are at 69.99 for a game now, things have been going up slowly but not at the rate they should be when games, if you want to keep things fair, should really be closer to 90-100.

You're forgetting that games didn't have season passes and didn't hold feature like zombies behind a paywall nor did they have a new $20-30 map pack every few weeks all that content was included in the game so I see this as being half a game for $74.....   Also console games pretty much all release from $100-110au I've not bought a PC game from a store in years but last I looked new release games were about $90au

Having a dedicated server alone doesn't stop hacks but peer to peer is much easier to hack if hit detection is done server side(not all games with a dedicated server are) not client side it is harder(not impossible) just a little hard to aimbot for example and it's much easier to detect and ban if the game has any type of anti cheat function.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

You know I actually really liked MW and also at the beginning really enjoyed MW2 as well and I was just watching TotalBisquit's multiplayer review: it looks...actually...damn cool. I am definitely an old school gamer and miss UT and Quake days and this honestly looks like a blend of that style with CoD stuff in it. Really interesting

Then I thought "Wow slow the fuck down, this is Activision I'm sure they'll fuck it up" and sure enough, regional steam pricing is giving me almost DOUBLE the retail price: I am most certainly not paying 74 motherfucking dollars for any game, let alone one that will only last a few months before it gets screwed with hacks due to stupid peer to peer only.

So alas, congrats Activision, your game was considered but you slipped back in the shit list in a real hurry: Fuck right off.

That's bizarre. What the actual fuck? It's a well known fact that economically, the average income of Mexico is lower then say - Canada (Please correct me if I'm wrong, I've not researched this, nor have I actually ever been to Mexico).

The whole point behind regional pricing is to give lower income economies a reasonable price! If anything, Mexicans should get the game for CHEAPER!

I feel sorry for you man. This game would be a good buy for $50 CAD for me, but I'll honestly most likely wait for at least 30% off on a Steam Sale (May even wait for 50% off). But I wouldn't pay $74 bucks for it either.

I really enjoyed TotalBiscuit's "PC Port" video on it though. Damn, they seemed to do a pretty kickass job overall. And it looks pretty gorgeous! I haven't watched his Multiplayer review yet, but honestly, I'll only play the Single Player campaign and whatever spec ops/alt modes they have. I don't have the patience for multiplayer much anymore. Just interested in how good the campaign is compared to Ghosts and MW3 (Just finished replaying COD4, halfway thru replaying MW2 right now).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)