My final problem (I think)

AlwaysFSX
Go to solution Solved by AlwaysFSX,

Start/ Right click on Computer/ Manage /Services

:blink:

So I went to services, started to scroll around looking for the ones responsible for an internet connection. I found two pertaining to the task, one was started, the other was not and set to manual. Started the service and set it to automatic, internet works.

Huh, I'll have to remember this. I think that's resolved pretty much every problem except for the random dllhost.exe spam it's been experiencing.

So I've been having problems with a computer, and I think I've resolved all of them but created another in the process by accident.

The laptop will no longer connect to the internet, troubleshooting does not work, and I have scoured the internet to no avail. I present, this:

post-1744-0-75849200-1414986659.png

It seems that the file specified was deleted in the cleanup and I have no idea how to fix this. What can I do?

Did you use combofix?

Try uploading the log file in their forums as they have dedicated people for these type of problems...

Did you use combofix?

Try uploading the log file in their forums as they have dedicated people for these type of problems...

I did but this appeared long after combofix was used.

I did but this appeared long after combofix was used.

Hmm... Try windows repair using your installer disc?

Hmm... Try windows repair using your installer disc?

Windows Repair is borked in the first place, bad sectors. Never had an install disk to begin with.

If it relates to a program, reinstall it.

Or just nuke it and start fresh.

Windows Repair is borked in the first place, bad sectors. Never had an install disk to begin with.

Get an iso from windows? (or go to that site... you know which one I'm talking about...)

If it relates to a program, reinstall it.

Or just nuke it and start fresh.

Someone doesn't read the OP and nuking it is something I'd like to do to those suggestions...

Get an iso from windows? (or go to that site... you know which one I'm talking about...)

I would still run in to the repair problem as I said above.

Someone doesn't read the OP and nuking it is something I'd like to do to those suggestions...

1. I did

2. Ouch :(

What other options are there?

hmm...

The only other suggestion I got is getting a live USB of linux, get the important files off, nuke it and start fresh...

1. I did

2. Ouch :(

What other options are there?

I don't know.. I was hoping someone here knew how to fix a file problem without nuking the computer after all the work I did to fix it.

hmm...

The only other suggestion I got is getting a live USB of linux, get the important files off, nuke it and start fresh...

Install linux then?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

registry cleaner? I'm sure you must have already tried this, but if not it may help

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

registry cleaner? I'm sure you must have already tried this, but if not it may help

I think I did but I'll give it another whirl.

@AlwaysFSX, have you thought about the forgotten tool in Windows, System Restore? I've accidentally messed up my computer on several occasions and System Restore has got me out of my problems every time. Especially something like that. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

ccleaner, sometimes it fixes .ddl (Not often), sfc /scannow (Can you buy a install disc and then repair it?)

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

ccleaner, sometimes it fixes .ddl (Not often), sfc /scannow (Can you buy a install disc and then repair it?)

Done, nothing came up to fix.

@AlwaysFSX, have you thought about the forgotten tool in Windows, System Restore? I've accidentally messed up my computer on several occasions and System Restore has got me out of my problems every time. Especially something like that. :)

See that only works when you actually create a restore point to restore to...

Right click on the network adapter. Disable and enable

Tried, nothing happened. Do get this though:

post-1744-0-98641700-1414990716.png

post-1744-0-73238900-1414990724_thumb.pn

attachicon.giferror 2.PNG

attachicon.giferror 3.PNG

That got us somewhere...

Go into msconfig and enable all windows services... Reboot...

attachicon.giferror 2.PNG

attachicon.giferror 3.PNG

Try disabling the actual network driver in device manager, restart, and re-enable it. I had a issue on my laptop once where i couldn't get either wifi or ethernet connections working and that is all it took to get it working again.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

@AlwaysFSX, open up System Restore and then post us a screenshot of your available restore points. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Good sir have you tried to use Pandora File recovery ? You should try it and see if you can recover the file that way.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT