cod advanced warfare coded hardware limits

Lantian

It's a bug where if you have a caching option turned on in the game's settings it won't load textures properly, but instead of caring about facts he'd rather inaccurately bash the game about how "derpy the graphics are" to make himself feel better at night.

I figured so, its technically not even out until tomorrow, bugs are expected (its only their second title and this is a new engine)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

lol i can run crysis 3 on max yet they lock me out from this shit, there isnt a game out there i cant run on max 1080p at this point, but this one wont even launch

Well if it runs, good for you, but if it doesn't, blame your specs. Upgrade as needed.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Well if it runs, good for you, but if it doesn't, blame your specs. Upgrade as needed.

lol you completly missed the point

There is a texture bug right now which your obvious having.

Turn off shadow cache and see if it fixes it.

The game looks great maxed out and it's from a tech standpoint better than even Battlefield 4.

I agree it looks really good.

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

lol you completly missed the point

No I got your point, youre trying to say that they shouldnt lock you out of the game because you have cheap components, since its capable of playing the game.

I think its a great thing to lock cheap components out, so the uncapable hardware doesnt lag and ruin other peoples experience.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

No I got your point, youre trying to say that they shouldnt lock you out of the game because you have cheap components, since its capable of playing the game.

I think its a great thing to lock cheap components out, so the uncapable hardware doesnt lag and ruin other peoples experience.

the i fell sorry for you, you still missed the point and what does it have to do with other people expierience...

the i fell sorry for you, you still missed the point and what does it have to do with other people expierience...

You're trying to tell me people play COD single player?

You're trying to tell me people play COD single player?

I always play the single player on any PC Game, the funny thing is not everyone can afford a £600 or $800 pc and so go with the lower Pentiums, the minimum specs for codaw is an i5 750 stock, iv just gone from that to the Pentium k because its a hell of alot better, don't tell people to get a better PC just because you were able to purchase your i7 and someone else wasn't able to. Plus other people like to see how much performance people can get out of a bang for buck chip, im impressed, it even beats your i7 in some spots when oc'd.

Which would be fine if it was actually incapable of playing it. The g3258 is a monster of a chip.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Which would be fine if it was actually incapable of playing it. The g3258 is a monster of a chip.

Well when overclocked it can perform well indeed. But its going to be better for future games if games started to ignore dual cores, and take advantage of 4 core+.

I always play the single player on any PC Game, the funny thing is not everyone can afford a £600 or $800 pc and so go with the lower Pentiums, the minimum specs for codaw is an i5 750 stock, iv just gone from that to the Pentium k because its a hell of alot better, don't tell people to get a better PC just because you were able to purchase your i7 and someone else wasn't able to. Plus other people like to see how much performance people can get out of a bang for buck chip, im impressed, it even beats your i7 in some spots when oc'd.

If people can't afford good hardware, there are the option to buy the lower end stuff, I don't really care, but they shouldn't expect to play the latest games, but an overclocked pentium g3258 can perform really well, however, the amount of people that overclock is minimal. A stock Pentium doesn't perform well, there fore they are locked out.

Well when overclocked it can perform well indeed. But its going to be better for future games if games started to ignore dual cores, and take advantage of 4 core+.

If people can't afford good hardware, there are the option to buy the lower end stuff, I don't really care, but they shouldn't expect to play the latest games, but an overclocked pentium g3258 can perform really well, however, the amount of people that overclock is minimal. A stock Pentium doesn't perform well, there fore they are locked out.

indeed this is correct but why lock a processor that can handle the game at stock on low med settings, one thing we need to remember is not everyone can tell the difference between 1080p and 720p, some people want to play the latest games and not care about how good that tree looks, i know i never could, i used to play tf2 on a n acer aspire 5715z notebook at 15fps!!! and i still had fun (no idea how i did nowerdays) but there are people who still do, this is another one of those threads where there is no right or wrong answer but is something that has been put in place to setup a margin, not everyone will agree with it but i still believe people should be able to try and see

indeed this is correct but why lock a processor that can handle the game at stock on low med settings, one thing we need to remember is not everyone can tell the difference between 1080p and 720p, some people want to play the latest games and not care about how good that tree looks, i know i never could, i used to play tf2 on a n acer aspire 5715z notebook at 15fps!!! and i still had fun (no idea how i did nowerdays) but there are people who still do, this is another one of those threads where there is no right or wrong answer but is something that has been put in place to setup a margin, not everyone will agree with it but i still believe people should be able to try and see

That is a good point. I personally think game makers should encourage people to own good hardware. Most steam users are still on like gtx 8800 or something add old as that. I think if people own better hardware our games will start to advance more.

I don't think that's true for a stock g3258. It's probably fine. A 3ghz haswell dual core is a champion. I have one. It plays just as good as my OC 4670k.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

ping only can ruin mp for others but not fps.... think before you talk.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

ping only can ruin mp for others but not fps.... think before you talk.

Could you rephrase that. I can't read it.

Could you rephrase that. I can't read it.

Ping can only affect the experience for others if your ping is high. He was talking about fps ruining the experience for others.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Ping can only affect the experience for others if your ping is high. He was talking about fps ruining the experience for others.

Ah, well it ruins it for your team mates if you arent able see things smoothly. Id rather have a bot than someone running at 15fps.

G3258 is still a badass chip. Let me tell you why locking hardware is bad.

Killer is Dead.

The thing runs silky smooth in a G3258 (OC or without) however, there is a bug that doesn't let you get past a mission without owning a quad-core.

My assumption is that during the cutscene, the code is refrencing hardware that doesn't exists (the quad-core) when I was running it on a dual-core.

This bug hasn't been fixed as far as I'm aware.

I swapped out my motherboard & chip with my brother (G3258 for an Athlon x4 750k) and I got passed the mission without hiccups. (The G3258 performs better than an Athlon x4 750k; both OC'd. -.-)

I've been asked multiple times if I would recommend Killer is Dead. I love that game, but the answer is always "no" even if they have a quad. because no company should do that to their consumers.

In Killer is Dead's case, they never fixed the bug, leaving a large portion of their consumer base with an unplayable game and no refunds. only option? replace hardware that works perfectly fine (fix what isn't broken)

It's bad to lock hardware because you alianate your consumers. How is that "good business practice" to lock out hardware? it isn't.

I'm PCMR and I would never say "Developers should lock out all consoles because maybe then our games can advance" with a straight face. consoles still have a place, even if it's not the one that is being advertised now.

-----

In my example the G3258 (dual-core) performs better than an Athlon x4 750k (quad-core) in-game. So why lock out the one that performs better? I overclocked both to 4.5GHz.

Ah, well it ruins it for your team mates if you arent able see things smoothly. Id rather have a bot than someone running at 15fps.

Don't play with people that have shit hardware if you don't want to. this is your choice. get a team of people with equaly good hardware and go to town on whatever game you like. be social, make some friends. don't play with scrubs.

edit:

also, overclocking is not dificult and doesn't take much knowledge. motherboards nowadays are pushing "one click overclock" a lot. not to mention if you built your own PC, chances are, you will end up overclocking.

edit2:

worth of note: G3258 OC'd to 4.5GHz on stock cooler with max temps around 62°c (that was after 2hours of running on high load) come on..

SPAAAAAACE!!!

I just bought it on Steam and I see it's a seperate download for single and multiplayer, 76.6GB total lol, that has to be a new record.

G3258 is still a badass chip. Let me tell you why locking hardware is bad.

Killer is Dead.

The thing runs silky smooth in a G3258 (OC or without) however, there is a bug that doesn't let you get past a mission without owning a quad-core.

My assumption is that during the cutscene, the code is refrencing hardware that doesn't exists (the quad-core) when I was running it on a dual-core.

This bug hasn't been fixed as far as I'm aware.

I swapped out my motherboard & chip with my brother (G3258 for an Athlon x4 750k) and I got passed the mission without hiccups. (The G3258 performs better than an Athlon x4 750k; both OC'd. -.-)

I've been asked multiple times if I would recommend Killer is Dead. I love that game, but the answer is always "no" even if they have a quad. because no company should do that to their consumers.

In Killer is Dead's case, they never fixed the bug, leaving a large portion of their consumer base with an unplayable game and no refunds. only option? replace hardware that works perfectly fine (fix what isn't broken)

It's bad to lock hardware because you alianate your consumers. How is that "good business practice" to lock out hardware? it isn't.

I'm PCMR and I would never say "Developers should lock out all consoles because maybe then our games can advance" with a straight face. consoles still have a place, even if it's not the one that is being advertised now.

-----

In my example the G3258 (dual-core) performs better than an Athlon x4 750k (quad-core) in-game. So why lock out the one that performs better? I overclocked both to 4.5GHz.

Don't play with people that have shit hardware if you don't want to. this is your choice. get a team of people with equaly good hardware and go to town on whatever game you like. be social, make some friends. don't play with scrubs.

edit:

also, overclocking is not dificult and doesn't take much knowledge. motherboards nowadays are pushing "one click overclock" a lot. not to mention if you built your own PC, chances are, you will end up overclocking.

edit2:

worth of note: G3258 OC'd to 4.5GHz on stock cooler with max temps around 62°c (that was after 2hours of running on high load) come on..

im going to setup my old i5 750 again with its oc of 3.5 ghz with 10gb ram and my hd 7870, and compare to the Pentium (the rest of specs the same) but with an msi b85m-e45 motherboard with the oc to 4ghz and see if there is any differance in framerate at high settings, in theory the i5 should be better due to it having more core's but due to the new manufacturing process, the socket and newer gen board i believe the Pentium will out perform

I think intel paid them to lock out the G3258, too many people were buying it rather than the more expensive i3s.

*tinfoil hat*

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

ok guys to those who think a g3258 can run cod AW, here a quick video i made recording with shadowplay so using only gpu ressources to record...chech cpu loads on each threads...i'm actualy impressed that this game even run on a core i5 to be honest...and btw this game is truly beautiful:

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR