What would you say is the best closed loop CPU cooler for the AMD Athlon II X4 860k?

I know many factors affect cpu cooling and most work the same.

I plan on getting the Corsair H100i because my 860k is getting 70ºC on IDLE, around 90ºC on load.

Is there any specific one you would recommend that is $100 or less?

maybe replace the thermal paste before a new cooler lmao.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I know many factors affect cpu cooling and most work the same.

I plan on getting the Corsair H100i because my 860k is getting 70ºC on IDLE, around 90ºC on load.

Is there any specific one you would recommend that is $100 or less?

Corsair H80i but replace the thermal past on your cooler first unless your on a stock cooler.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Hyper 212 EVO and Intel processor for better temp.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

What is your problem with my preference Todd ? All know Intel make more efficient CPU, specially in gaming with their Single Thread performance.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

$100 is more than the value of that cpu, get something in proportion like a 212 evo. 

You should think more before you post stupid things, mate. He'd need to fork out for a new motherboard on top if he went for an intel chip. 

@OP The 212 EVO is a lot better than AMD's stock cooler, and is cheap. It's more than enough to tame that chip. Also, a small tube of MX-4 thermal paste.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Not necessarily. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Insults aren't accepted on the forum.

Insults aren't accepted on the forum.

Don't be a muppet then, laddie.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Why so much hate AMD user ? Just stop and accept people opinions. You're blocked now, nobody is here to get insulted. I should report you.

Why so much hate AMD user ? Just stop and accept people opinions. You're blocked now, nobody is here to get insulted. I should report you.

What are you, 12? If you wish to help out then give some logical solutions not "get intel" when OP is after a cooler to tame his chip's temps. He's only after help with temperatures and doesn't have a budget to make it worthwhile to get a new Intel chip + board.

Also, use the quote function when responding to someone specifically. 

Okok chill Ur buttholes

If u really love Intel

Still I recommend spending more to the CPU than CPU cooler

Fx8350 and a h55 is a good option

It will be throwing money away to h100i and it won't get as much CPU power as this configuration

Its still amd :)

This is on par with Intel i5 3000 series

So I guess no one can really complain abt amd so much :P

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

But if your fine with Intel

Get Intel Pentium g3258 (cooler h100i)

Overclockable to 4.7ghz

As shown in Austin Evans video

It is better for gaming

Try to get an i5 4430,4690k or 4440

It is way faster than the rest

The cooler would be hyper 212 evo

It hls to overclocks these CPU up to 4.5-4.8ghz

Turbo-4ghz. FIY quad core

If you dont have a z97 or 87 mobo or not wanting to get a new motherboard

Then amd is for u

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)