Opteron 3600+

EmoRarity

So my dad/mother's computer is slow, very slow, and he will not let me upgrade it.
Specifications:
Operton 3600+, single core, 2ghz
AM2 Foxcon motherboard
4gb of ddr2 at 800mhz
Some old NVidia IGP
WD Blue 500gb, 5400rpm
WD Black 1 terabyte 7200rpm
Dell case
He BS-ed it together 8 years ago with parts from his work place, and fixes it as it falls apart.941830_662316463794587_1992769304_n.jpg

....K. What do you need help with? convincing him it's crap? :D

EDIT: you could ninja upgrade it with an x2 3600.

Double edit: brad you beat me to it!

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

just stick a fresh copy of windows 8 on it with start is back (windows 8 purely for the increased boot and respond time) and defragment the hard drives.

Those are the only things I can suggest without hardware change that'll make the pc faster.

get an Athlon off ebay really cheap and swap it out one day when they're not home.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

kill_it_with_fire-s670x394-304461.jpg

Dat chrome strip

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

....K. What do you need help with? convincing him it's crap? :D

EDIT: you could ninja upgrade it with an x2 3600.

Double edit: brad you beat me to it!

This computer is as fast as it will get. And I have a AM2 triple core, that he will not let me put in it.

just stick a fresh copy of windows 8 on it with start is back (windows 8 purely for the increased boot and respond time) and defragment the hard drives.

Those are the only things I can suggest without hardware change that'll make the pc faster.

get an Athlon off ebay really cheap and swap it out one day when they're not home.

Auto defrags weekly, mother can't use Win8, we tried. I can not upgrade it behind his back, I have a Atlon triple core for it, and if I put it in he would end my sorry ass. My father is the IT and ECE director of the local collage.

Idk... I still think you need a window AC.

Make some lasagna BUT use way too much mozzarella. Tomorrow morning, while your Dad is dying in the bathroom, you may upgrade the cpu...

Auto defrags weekly, mother can't use Win8, we tried. I can not upgrade it behind his back, I have a Atlon triple core for it, and if I put it in he would end my sorry ass. My father is the IT and ECE director of the local collage.

why does he insist on having a shit PC? Is it because he built it and he doesn't want someone else to do the work for him? If he's as defensive about it as you say why don't just tell him he's on his own?

Idk... I still think you need a window AC.

Make some lasagna BUT use way too much mozzarella. Tomorrow morning, while your Dad is dying in the bathroom, you may upgrade the cpu...

You can never have too much mozzarella.

why does he insist on having a shit PC? Is it because he built it and he doesn't want someone else to do the work for him? If he's as defensive about it as you say why don't just tell him he's on his own?

You can never have too much mozzarella.

Imma Italian, my white blood cells are mozzarella.

Imma Italian, my white blood cells are mozzarella.

Whereabouts in Italy? Io sono di Verona :)

Then leave it. He's probably got it set up the way he likes it ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Then leave it. He's probably got it set up the way he likes it ;)

Its just a desktop to remote desktop with anyway. Feel for my mother though, who has nothing else to use, and refuses to use my rig.

Whereabouts in Italy? Io sono di Verona :)

Attualmente in New Mexico.

Its just a desktop to remote desktop with anyway. Feel for my mother though, who has nothing else to use, and refuses to use my rig.

Your parents sound stubborn. Run away and join the circus to become a professional fish :D

Your parents sound stubborn. Run away and join the circus to become a professional fish :D

Dad is, mother doesn't care. My case is an Antec 1100, not the most portable thing, so I will continue here for now.

Dad is, mother doesn't care. My case is an Antec 1100, not the most portable thing, so I will continue here for now.

Given the way the 1100 looks I can see why your mom wouldn't want to use it :p. Also she'd probably complain about

afc.jpg

Given the way the 1100 looks I can see why your mom wouldn't want to use it :P. Also she'd probably complain about

1100 is square? Whats not to like?

1100 is square? Whats not to like?

Ahh NVM I was thinking of the 1200

Ahh NVM I was thinking of the 1200

That my friend is a terabad case. I will only ever buy square cases, and may break that rule with a FT02.

Given the way the 1100 looks I can see why your mom wouldn't want to use it :P. Also she'd probably complain about

Another amusing point is that I keep my RAT5 maxed 5600 DPI. (Don't hate my mouse, it fits my hand/grip style.)

I saw this exact PC on the facebook page Beats by Dre suck do you admin for it? on another note ninja upgrade it like people have said 

That my friend is a terabad case. I will only ever buy square cases, and may break that rule with a FT02.

Believe it or not I actually just got an FT02. The finish on it is absolutely stunning. I've never seen an aluminium case in person before and now I get why they are all the rage. Just watch out for those fingerprints

Another amusing point is that I keep my RAT5 maxed 5600 DPI. (Don't hate my mouse, it fits my hand/grip style.)

2088DPI for me :)

Believe it or not I actually just got an FT02. The finish on it is absolutely stunning. I've never seen an aluminium case in person before and now I get why they are all the rage. Just watch out for those fingerprints

2088DPI for me :)

Solid, I've worked in them before, I just like my 1100. If I can land a job, you'll find out why. 

I saw this exact PC on the facebook page Beats by Dre suck do you admin for it? on another note ninja upgrade it like people have said 

If you check the link for the picture you will find that it is a facebook picture link.