Modern Vs Classic [Yes, another gun thread]

Jack.EXE

WTB a rail gun at some point... A miniature version of this would be ideal.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Personally, I love WWII stuff

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

The anything made by or inspired by Mikhail Kalashnikov's designs I love. The Soviets in the 20th century were absolutely brilliant in terms of technology. Although in terms of aesthetics I do like the older look of the AK-74s/47s rather than the newer variants.

A gun with a long stroke gas piston wasn't exactly revolutionary. The long stroke piston method was pretty poor in terms of recoil, compared to many other actions, and the only reason they were known for being very reliable was because they were made with fairly loose tolerances.

IMO, ARs seem like a better design.

Depends on the type of gun, but mainly I like a mixture of both. For example I love the Classic M1911's, But I like some of the modern AR's and Sniper Rifles.

Mosin's are one of my favorite rifles

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

That is somewhat wrong.

Modern = Lighter, faster, and easier to handle. People realized it doesn't take a lot to kill someone.

However classic usually was more powerful, more reliable (I am looking at you AR-15), and more cost effective(less automatics). 

The design philosophy has changed in recent times (for the better mostly) but the classics still do their jobs really.

600px-LS_Gatling_Gun.jpg

"Run muthafacka!"

I do prefer the 60's-2014 type of weaponry however there are a few exceptions obviously like the beautiful 1866 Winchester yellowboy1866YELLOWBOYdeluxe_193031.jpg

Think the Zastava M76 is also amazing. Don't know why because I'm not a huge fan of the AK, however I just think this looks great

Then of course you have the modern stuff that looks great like the FN FAL with rail system 

casvfl18.jpg

And L85A2 with rail system 

3466buf.jpg

And what I think is the best looking pistol made, The kimber Eclipse Custom 2.

64476.jpg

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

lever action shotguns that look futuristic.

6 shot revolvers, old fashioned, dark stained wood kinda look. all fancy.

shiny, futuristic, fancy, glowy.... halo/borderlands style snipers.

portalguns.

done.

meow.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen