Best smartphone for a new smartphone user?

shayned1997

I am helping my aunt move from a flip phone to a smartphone. She isnt very tech savy but wants to get a smartphone. I am not sure what phone she should get. Starting off what do you guys think would be best fro someone not tech savy and never used a smartphone or tablet before, windows phone, iphone or android. Personaly i am a diehard android fan and would want her to get like the g3, m8 or something like that but i know android is more for power users. From what i was finding on the internet it looks like windows phone is the easiest to use. I am leaning more toward an iphone but would like some other opinions. Trust you guys dont let me down :P O must be on verizon network and 199 or under. Any questions jsut ask me

Moto G 2nd or 1st Gen.

iPhone too, but then she will be stuck.

Nothing but stock android for new users! No Samsung! 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

nexus

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Nexus 4,5 or Motorola E,G,X and NO Samsung or LG or any manufacturer that has a skin over android.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Motorola G gen 2.0 for a budget phone or the Nexus 6 for a high end phone

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

As much as I hate the iPhone and think it is too expensive, it is the easiest for beginners.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i would say recommend her a moto G it is within her price range and it is stock android

As much as I hate the iPhone and think it is too expensive, it is the easiest for beginners.

thats the same thing i think. but idk

i would say recommend her a moto G it is within her price range and it is stock android

Motorola G gen 2.0 for a budget phone or the Nexus 6 for a high end phone

Nexus 4,5 or Motorola E,G,X and NO Samsung or LG or any manufacturer that has a skin over android.

Moto G 2nd or 1st Gen.

iPhone too, but then she will be stuck.

Nothing but stock android for new users! No Samsung!

Motorola G 2nd Gen (or 1st Gen) is a good start since it is all stock Android and the phone is very affordable while having reasonable specs.

i should have said 200 on contract not outright

I should have said 200 on contract not outright

Point still stands, if she isn't a power user then Motorola G 2nd Gen will be plenty and she can save money at that. No point getting a power house of a phone for her if she isn't going to necessary notice the difference. The phone is $99 on a two year contract so she can save the remaining $100 for something else or to pay the contract.

I disagree. While using iOS is easy, doing other things like connecting it to a PC for pulling photos,videos and music from iCloud to local storage to the PC can be a pain in the ass. You can't beat drag n' drop.

I recommend a close to stock version of android with a phone that has lots of local storage (microSD FTW!).

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Point still stands, if she isn't a power user then Motorola G 2nd Gen will be plenty and she can save money at that. No point getting a power house of a phone for her if she isn't going to necessary notice the difference. The phone is $99 on a two year contract so she can save the remaining $100 for something else or to pay the contract.

i should have said 200 on contract not outright

Our point still stands and the Moto G on contract is cheap, she can use the rest of the money to spend it on *insert something she likes*

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650