Ampy : Charge your device while You're Exercising..

Nothing like a bit of elbow grease

ampy-phone-charger-1099631-TwoByOne.jpg

not as bad as full body mouse chair, but still...Work it...

Ampy is a wearable device that captures energy from your motion, turning it into power to charge your phone or any USB-powered device , captures the kinetic energy that is produced by movement, enabling it to charge your devices as fast as a wall outlet would.

The charger’s internal battery stores about a week’s worth of physical activity, which is ready for use for several months after the fact. However, if you want to go down the more traditional route, Ampy does have a Micro USB port to allow for charging from a wall outlet. Ampy will charge iPhones, Android phones, and any other USB-powered device.

nexus2cee_ampy-charging.jpg

AMPY has a USB port for output and a Micro USB port for input, just in case you want to charge it from a wall outlet and use it as a regular power bank.

It comes with its own app that should tell you how much energy you generated for AMPY, how many calories you burned, and the carbon footprint offset you got by using AMPY instead of regular electricity.

Walking 10,000 steps, bicycling for one hour, or jogging for 30 minutes should produce three hours of battery life for your smartphone. Alternatively, the same activities will give you 24 and 72 hours of extra battery life for your smartwatch and fitness band, respectively

The retail price its going after is 125$ per piece with all the accessories , Ampy is still under Kick starter & has left 11 days(from this post day) to go & has already reached 241,478 $ already backed

db5b714aabdf298d927b0bbf15af8121_large.g

The charge depends on intensity of one's movement & effort to it ,so results per person & per activity will vary between person to person.. :/

Team Ampy is backing the mobile charger with so much energy that for every Kickstarter backer, the group will collectively burn 100 calories during and after the Kickstarter campaign. :D

if you wanna get in on the wagon , Pledge $95 and you’ll get the Ampy, as well as a protective sleeve, clip, and armband. Backers should receive their Ampy chargers in June of next year, after which the Ampy and the Ampy Accessory Pack will go for $95 and $125, respectively.

Ampy, which previously was named "myPower," has won several awards, including the Clean Energy Trust Consumer Favorite Prize, the 1776 Global Challenge Cup Crowd Favorite, and the Energy Prize at the Northwestern University Venture Challenge

Hey, Atleast this ones a bit portable compared to Nokia's previous solution..

1300705589_w670.jpg

MVI_9963-Hamster-wheel_edited-11.jpg

yes that is a real thing.. :/

The team behind AMPY has worked hard to keep the device's size as small as possible. It currently sits at 2.5" x 2.5" x 0.75" and weighs 140g, a footprint that makes it less than half the size of a modern smartphone but with the same weight. Because of its size, AMPY houses a meagre 1,000 mAh battery that charges as you move throughout the day

Ampy app screenshot *Pew Pew*

nexus2cee_ampy-app.png

This Charging solution is great for those who are going off the grid where power is not not readily available via a plug, great for off site camping & hiking imo..

Great invention finally on a portable sized device, Post your opinions/thoughts/rants & trolls down beloooow...

Bonus:

With an invention like that, what could go wrong?

Screen_shot_2012-07-29_at_12.41.55_PM_61

Links..

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/With-Ampy-Youll-Get-a-Charge-Out-of-Exercising-81269.html

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1071086547/ampy-power-your-devices-from-your-motion

Details separate people.

ok seems interesting. 
But that price... meh

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

And someone told me a hand crank charger device wouldn't work for a smart phone.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Wow, sounds too good to be true. My bicycle's front dynamo hub cannot generate 3 hours of phone battery use for only 1 hour of cycling....

Wait, 1 hour of cycling? Riding 20Km/h or 50Km/h? Very slippery...... :ph34r:

That's cool, but the price is a bit steep...

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Exercise??? What's that?

Sitting in front of the TV and watch HBO..... :P

I'm going to wait for tests to be done to see if this is accurate before buying this.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I like this, emergency charger for if my phone dies while climbing in the mountains or after a day of setting up stage-decks

Yes, a PC enthusiast that exercises for fun and work. (Even if I also enjoy fake exercising in Skyrim)

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

The only advantage to this is for those camping or hiking.  No longer need for batteries. Otherwise how much power is it saving 2 or 3 watts a day if you exercise. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.