I really like that they addressed the noise issues from the 450W version, but the problem still stands when the PSU fan is running. The fan is a 80mm x 15mm (I think a Protechnic Electric MGA8012ZR-O15) and is bound to generate a hiss because of its slimmer profile. Some have seen better performance by changing out the fans, but that voids your warranty on your sub-$100 PSU (in the 450w variant). 

See http://www.overclock.net/t/1297303/replacing-psu-fan-in-silverstone-sfx-450w

It's overall a very nice way to demonstrate how these small PSUs would be use. While it might not be for everyone, HTPC sized gaming rig does fill a niche, for example a student living in a dorm that doesnt have a lot of space. A good gaming PC in a size of a console is awesome and given the total temperature of the CPU and GPU, it won't be worrysome

With the power consumption of the new 900 series graphics cards, this may be something I would want to build with in the future.

I really like that they addressed the noise issues from the 450W version, but the problem still stands when the PSU fan is running. The fan is a 80mm x 15mm (I think a Protechnic Electric MGA8012ZR-O15) and is bound to generate a hiss because of its slimmer profile. Some have seen better performance by changing out the fans, but that voids your warranty on your sub-$100 PSU (in the 450w variant). 

See http://www.overclock.net/t/1297303/replacing-psu-fan-in-silverstone-sfx-450w

Do NOT use the Noiseblocker fan on the SX600-G!

The 450W uses the typical 0-12V operating range for the fan but the 600W uses a 0-5V range so that fan will spin too slowly and overheat the PSU.

Edit: the stock fan is a ADDA AD0812UB-D91

small builds truelly get tempting now.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I love how "high power" PSUs are being made in this form factor. I had a friend who wanted me to build a powerful gaming computer no bigger than an Xbox 360, and back then I wasn't able to with what I knew. Now...

Aibohphobia over at HardForum is designing a mATX case and is using

Current specs:

• i7 5930K
  • EVGA X99 Micro
  • 2x8GB Crucial 2400
  • SLI GTX 980s (reference EVGA)
  • 840 EVO
  • NZXT X41
  • SX600-G

The 600W runs all that just fine at full load but at stock clocks. You're setup should be fine as long as you don't heavily overclock both the card and the CPU at the same time.

I have been on the battle with this PSU for days, JohnnyGuru gave this PSU a 9.1 as well. Linus pretty much built his test PC to what I was going to build but for my Ncase M1 :D

Thanks for uploading and sharing.

Finally a fully modular PSU that can fit in a Bitfenix Prodigy without having the cables shoved up against the PSU cage.

HTID

I wonder if it could feed dual 970s

I'm running a 780 ti on the 450W silverstone one so it should be completely fine with dual 970s. Although what matx case uses sfx?

Edit: I was wrong. Forgot about the cables. There is only 1 8-pin and 1 6-pin so be careful of the exact model you are getting. 

This is a video I've been waiting for.

This is the build I've been considering, though I'd go with a 980. I can't find much justification to build a system that takes up much more space.

I wish there were more cases like the RVZ01 and the ML07. My only concern with ITX boards is that I'd like the flexibility to SLI in the future. An mATX case with a similar footprint would be a (physically impossible) dream. The only way I'll ever SLI again is if it works well with the Oculus Rift, whenever that comes out. Currently SLI adds too much latency.

Although what matx case uses sfx?

None currently I'm aware of but there's one in development at that link iwalkwithedead posted :)

If CPUs and GPUs keep getting more efficient and SFX PSUs keep getting better and higher wattage, I'd like to see SFX/SFX-L become the standard size for power supplies.

The only way I'll ever SLI again is if it works well with the Oculus Rift, whenever that comes out. Currently SLI adds too much latency.

Once VR SLI is implemented in games the latency problem should go away since each card is rendering one eye instead of using AFR for both eyes.

None currently I'm aware of but there's one in development at that link iwalkwithedead posted :)

If CPUs and GPUs keep getting more efficient and SFX PSUs keep getting better and higher wattage, I'd like to see SFX/SFX-L become the standard size for power supplies.

I just realized a bigger problem with that idea. sfx psus currently can only have 1 8-pin and 1 6-pin pcie plugs so you are very limited on the gpu selection if you are going SLI. If I was in the market for an matx machine, I would just go with the Silverstone SG10. 

I would love to see jonnyguru collaborate with LMG to show us video's of him reviewing PSU's.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I just realized a bigger problem with that idea. sfx psus currently can only have 1 8-pin and 1 6-pin pcie plugs so you are very limited on the gpu selection if you are going SLI. If I was in the market for an matx machine, I would just go with the Silverstone SG10. 

The SX600-G has two 6+2 PCIe connectors so I'm using splitters to run dual 980s. I think the ideal PSU would be SFX-L (for that 120mm fan) 650W with 2 x 8 pin and 2 x 6 pin connectors.

The SX600-G has two 6+2 PCIe connectors so I'm using splitters to run dual 980s. I think the ideal PSU would be SFX-L (for that 120mm fan) 650W with 2 x 8 pin and 2 x 6 pin connectors.

Yes, that would even be better. I feel that if more companies would just hit some forums and get our opinions and ideas they would be better in helping the community achieve what we feel as we need.

Corsair asked us what we would like to see in a mITX from them before coming out with all their latest designs.

I believe another company did something as well but I cannot remember right now.

I wouldn't trust splitters with PCIe connectors...there's a reason it requires 2. And SFX-L does not have any more room for the connectors than normal SFX. That's not the part that gets extended. Sure it's possible but something like that is not going to be coming out for a long time. It took Silverstone 2 years to update the 450W modular psu. 

Bought this PSU for my Raven RVZ01 build, I had to buy separate flat cables, but idk if they are included now. This was my first mini-itx build, everything was so small.

My system runs mostly silent with CPU and GPU temps around 30C idle to 40C load on Tomb Raider. The only fan I hear is the the 120mm I have mounted on the side to ventilate the CPU, it gets loud because the wire is split from the CPU 4 pin connector. Other than that, I don't think I have heard it anything ramp up higher than the 120mm Corsair AirFlow.

But seriously this thing is small!!!! MFW unboxing it Mjgq3Vg.gif

We need those 1200 to 1500 watt monsters for Halloween!  

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I could not find the case on NCIX or Newegg. Is it out yet?

• 9 months later...

The 6 pin connector is plenty capable of doing 150W so since I'm going from one 6 pin to dual 6 pin it's fine. Dual 8 pins off a single 6 pin would be a problem.

There's plenty of room for another connector or two: http://www.silverstonetek.com/images/products/sx600-g/sx600-g-back-1.jpg

I also have the SX600-G and was wondering how I could power dual 970s

Are you powering both 980s off the single PCIe cable coming from the PSU with 8pin to 6pin splitters?

E.g.

The PCIe cable has dual 6+2pin on the end of a single 8 wire cable from PSU. Piggy-back style.

Are you splitting each 6+2pin with "8pin to dual 6pin" adapters? giving you a total of "four"  6pin connectors for the GPUs?  

Is this working? safely?

I need a solution for my 970s and just want to be sure I don't overload the PCIe cable.

My 970s draws 170w each.  

I won't be overclocking them. 

I used a 6-pin to dual 6-pin splitter (because it was short) off the single PCIe power cable.

It works fine, I confirmed with both a thermocouple thermometer and a thermal imager that the cable and connectors weren't overly hot.

Which model 970s are they? Some of them draw quite a bit more power than reference 980s.

They are 2x EVGA 04G-P4-1972-KR

170w max per GPU

You stated that you have 2x 980s running off of the PCIe cable correct?

Ok, those 970s shouldn't draw more than reference 980s so that should be fine.

Yes, I have 2x EVGA GTX980 reference.

Thanks man.

I know the PSU is strong enough and everything is on a single rail, but it's good to know that the PCIe is can be split and able can handle both cards.

Originally I was thinking about using 2x dual molex to 6pin adapters to power the 2nd card. 

Here's my build current specs and upgrade plans.

Z97I-PLUS ---> upgrading to the M7G

EVGA GTX 970 SC ---> upgrading to SLI 

16GB Fury 1866mhz ---> upgrading to 32GB

Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 

Silverstone SX600-G

All underwater  :D

900x900px-LL-0e7148b8_2015-06-1021.03.22

900x900px-LL-d2c85741_2015-06-1021.03.02