How important is a nice chair for you?

BloodWithIce

For me it's really important since I spend 5+ hours a day in front of a screen. How do you guys feel about it?
Also, which chair do you use?
I use a Dx Racer R series (Sparco inspired models) and since I have purchased and started using it, I no longer have back pains at the end of the day, no headaches and it is way more comfortable than my previous chair.

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

it's important, but not important enough for me to spend £200+ on a chair. I just try to keep a good posture. 

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

For me it's really important since I spend 5+ hours a day in front of a screen. How do you guys feel about it?

Also, which chair do you use?

I use a Dx Racer R series (Sparco inspired models) and since I have purchased and started using it, I no longer have back pains at the end of the day, no headaches and it is way more comfortable than my previous chair.

Actually if it's not leather and has some cushion (I think it's how you spell it). It's okay with me. 

I'm now sitting on a bent chair lol

Extremely. Mine is a very comfy chair so I sometimes just fall asleep on it rather than climb into my bed

I feel a chair is as important as a monitor and the upgrade cycle is the same (5 to 10 years). I spent $370 on my chair 6 years ago and it has served me well.

Extremely. Mine is a very comfy chair so I sometimes just fall asleep on it rather than climb into my bed

What chair is so comfy? I want pics :P and a model name.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Very, I would love to have a chair comfortable enough to sleep in and still be great for daily use.

But sadly I only have a shitty 10+ year old cheap office type chair with no arm rests or anything, and the back of it is almost breaking off of it...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Really, really important.

Just yesterday I had 11 hours of uni and it was extremely uncomfortable. It really hurt driving home on my motorcycle after that (asswise).

It's just horrible how universities are spending a lot of money on very uncomfortable chairs. Mine at home cost me about 500€ and was really worth it.

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

i use a dining table chair, actually

my old office chair went to shit, it would recline by itself and i fell off it a lot

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Very. Apart from the one I have now is terrible and I would rather have a proper office chair than this GTOmega crap. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

well from someone who suffers from arthritis its very important! i bought a custom fit chair that had memory foam and the whole 9 yards that my sisters cat thought was a very nice scratching post... -.- saving up for a new one. on top of the fact that im on my pc 24/7 for work, school and entertainment. 

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

I miss read the title and thought it said "hair". 

Anyway sorta important, i have a cheap desk chair from ikea and i am happy with it. 

My ass going numb is a good remainder that I need to stop gaming and so some school work. 

Twitter | Steam |

Very picky, usually I have a business grate chair that was quit expensive. But to be honest, siting on a plain wooden chair just feels really good. Wood, Leather, Cloth , Soft, Hard and Supportive should be all at the same time.

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

i have a £20 which is now a stool, because i ripped the back off because it was too creaky. i'd much prefer to spend an extra £££ on my pc then a chair. my chair doesn't make my pc any faster!

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Nabbed mine just as a guy was going to chuck it in a dumpster. It's been fine for two years but now the lean lock thing has been worn out so the chair keeps leaning me forward slowly

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

As long as I have the chair that i use everyday, then i'm good. which is like a $40 chair from staples.

CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) GPU PNY GTX 660 Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) Storage1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue PSU Corsair 500W Display(s)AOC and Viewsonic Cooling Enermax ETS-T40-TB Keyboard CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Blue Switches Dollar Store Mouse Sound Dollar Store Speaker

Just something you can sit on. Cushion is a plus, but not necessary. Heck I could even sit on a floor if I had to.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

i have a £20 which is now a stool, because i ripped the back off because it was too creaky. i'd much prefer to spend an extra £££ on my pc then a chair. my chair doesn't make my pc any faster!

Same here. I have a really cheap walmart desk chair that I bought 10+ years ago. Not the most comfortable thing in the world but I get more enjoyment throwing money at my PC than my desk chair.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1K+ easily. As a Software Engineer this is a critical tool not just for productivity but ensuring health and longevity. I have such chairs in place at home, at my stable company and at one of my freelance/contract positions. Just to give an insight into how much value is reciprocated in these relationships  :lol:

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I have some random second hand chair and i love it.

I really don't care what chair it is, comfort seems to be very subjective.

However I do believe a good chair is important, especially since a good chair may well outlast your computer

In case anyone cared, I've had my chair for about five years now.

As long as I can sit in it comfortably for more than 4 hours at a time, I am satisfied. Although nowadays you have to really look for a chair that is still cheap and fits that criteria.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

Not extremely. Maybe once I graduate and start making more money I'll get a nice chair. But for now I'll stick with putting a pillow on my chair.