Getting HDMI Audio Working with OSX Yosemite (H87N and 750ti)

So ya I am trying to install OSX 10.10 on my H87N mobo and 750ti. I took the 750ti out for now to just get it working on base hardware. 

I am able to install and boot up, but only with the Safe mode -x bootflag. Nothing else works, I always get stuck on the Apple logo boot screen. I can only get into the HDD with Safe mode, and I can't even get audio working, getting the 750ti to work is another problem.

Any advice pls. 

So ya I am trying to install OSX 10.10 on my H87N mobo and 750ti. I took the 750ti out for now to just get it working on base hardware. 

I am able to install and boot up, but only with the Safe mode -x bootflag. Nothing else works, I always get stuck on the Apple logo boot screen. I can only get into the HDD with Safe mode, and I can't even get audio working, getting the 750ti to work is another problem.

Any advice pls. 

are you using npci=0x2000? That might help and GraphicsEnabler=no

Steve

are you using npci=0x2000? That might help and GraphicsEnabler=no

What does the npci flag do? Should I add them to the Extra > Boot.plist?

This is my setup for Boot.plist

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
        <string>01000000</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>

For a i5 4570, and Integrated graphics, 750ti is not installed. 

What does the npci flag do? Should I add them to the Extra > Boot.plist?

When booting up type -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=no

Steve

When booting up type -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=no

Ok I did that, but I have to do that everytime I boot? 

Also how can I get sound working? ALC982

Ok I did that, but I have to do that everytime I boot? 

Also how can I get sound working? ALC982

did it work? if so you can do it boot loader options. To get the sound working download multibeast and in multibeast you should be able to automate the flags :D

Steve

did it work? if so you can do it boot loader options. To get the sound working download multibeast and in multibeast you should be able to automate the flags :D

It works but nothing works in Multibeast for Audio. 

tnzjeHl.png?1

I have ALC892 in this H87N and nothing comes up for audio doesn't work at all. 

It works but nothing works in Multibeast for Audio. 

have a look at that. I tried to read but my brains fired cus its 1 in the mornin'

Steve

have a look at that. I tried to read but my brains fired cus its 1 in the mornin'

Gnight, for when you get up:

I got the GPU booting properly and I don't need any boot commands to boot up.

Still have an audio problem. I am connected to my gou now with hdmi. Isnt sound supposed to work with the GPU's hdmi sound interface? Or is it not like that with Mac.

Gnight, for when you get up:

I got the GPU booting properly and I don't need any boot commands to boot up.

Still have an audio problem. I am connected to my gou now with hdmi. Isnt sound supposed to work with the GPU's hdmi sound interface? Or is it not like that with Mac.

are you using GraphicsEnabler=No? If yes change that too yes. Try this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/145399-clover-hdmi-audio-nvidia-amd-cards-easy-way.html and installing these shouldn't hurt http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/143435-nvidia-releases-alternate-graphics-drivers-10-10-0-343-01-01f01-maxwell-geforce-gtx-970-980-support.html

Steve

But using No works for me.

The first link is for installs with clover how would I do It for a unibeast and multi beast.

But using No works for me.

The first link is for installs with clover how would I do It for a unibeast and multi beast.

Does using yes break it?

Steve

At school haven't tried it.

At 8pm :o jks, tommorow I should be at home then I'm gonna installed Yosemite on mine xD

Steve

At 8pm :o jks, tommorow I should be at home then I'm gonna installed Yosemite on mine xD

EasyGuideHDMI

Can you help me with this?

I have no idea how to do this without the clover program... 

EasyGuideHDMI

Can you help me with this?

I have no idea how to do this without the clover program...

There might be a system file manager That will allow you to mont your efi partition. Are you using Clover or the other one I can't remember the name of. Night

Steve

There might be a system file manager That will allow you to mont your efi partition. Are you using Clover or the other one I can't remember the name of. Night

the other one

Imma try this, http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html

"Nvidia HDMI audio does not work without motherboard HDMI audio. Motherboard HDMI audio first."

Toleda is a D, #justsaying

Hi man,

I would highly recommend to use clover as a bootloader for OSX 10.10.

I did a clean Install and all works pretty good. Power management, Hands-off and iMessage.

I'm using a different setup (Asus Rampage IV Gene with i7 4930k and a GTX 780).

Maybe take a look at this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

Hope it helped a bit, even if it didn't really answer your question ;)  

Business Management Student @ University St. Gallen (Switzerland)

HomeServer: i7 4930k - GTX 1070ti - ASUS Rampage IV Gene - 32Gb Ram

Laptop: MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2018

Operating Systems (Virtualised using VMware): Windows Pro 10, Cent OS 7

Hi man,

I would highly recommend to use clover as a bootloader for OSX 10.10.

I did a clean Install and all works pretty good. Power management, Hands-off and iMessage.

I'm using a different setup (Asus Rampage IV Gene with i7 4930k and a GTX 780).

Maybe take a look at this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

Hope it helped a bit, even if it didn't really answer your question ;)

Hi man, I'll take any advice.

I don't undestand the difference between clover and unibeast.

Hi man, I'll take any advice.

I don't undestand the difference between clover and unibeast.

Chameleon doesn't take any info from the UEFI. Chameleon is booted in legacy BIOS mode, just like a standard Windows install. It then emulates Apple's efi. Clover actually directly communicates with UEFI to an extent and can be booted natively in UEFI mode, although you can also do a non-EFI install of Clover. You pretty much got all the main differences. Just a few things I can think of that Clover has: Ability to reboot to Windows via the startup disk menu, iMessage fix (Chameleon doesn't support that for 10.10 actually), Booting any OS in EFI mode, as well as booting any OS in legacy BIOS mode (which means you can boot chameleon through Clover if you want to), I can't really think of much else but if you search Clover has a long list of features. That doesn't mean Chameleon is bad, though, it also has its benefits. The main one being that it's much simpler to set up and it's tried-and-true.

From insanelymac

Chameleon doesn't take any info from the UEFI. Chameleon is booted in legacy BIOS mode, just like a standard Windows install. It then emulates Apple's efi. Clover actually directly communicates with UEFI to an extent and can be booted natively in UEFI mode, although you can also do a non-EFI install of Clover. You pretty much got all the main differences. Just a few things I can think of that Clover has: Ability to reboot to Windows via the startup disk menu, iMessage fix (Chameleon doesn't support that for 10.10 actually), Booting any OS in EFI mode, as well as booting any OS in legacy BIOS mode (which means you can boot chameleon through Clover if you want to), I can't really think of much else but if you search Clover has a long list of features. That doesn't mean Chameleon is bad, though, it also has its benefits. The main one being that it's much simpler to set up and it's tried-and-true.

From insanelymac

Do you know how to get the original AppleHDA.kext file? The installer won't work without it.... Toleda says to run the OS X installer, but how am I supposed to do that?

Do you know how to get the original AppleHDA.kext file? The installer won't work without it.... Toleda says to run the OS X installer, but how am I supposed to do that?

I don't really understand what you are doing? Of course you need to run the OSX installer to install the os the first time... and I don't know where to get the original AppleHDA.kext... maybe look on google

I don't really understand what you are doing? Of course you need to run the OSX installer to install the os the first time... and I don't know where to get the original AppleHDA.kext... maybe look on google

Toleda's ALC injection requires the original Applehda.kext. And Toledo says to get that orgina kext you just need to run the installer. Did what he means.