ads suck

Robinvv

so i admit i am a adblock user(only on YT) and today is was reminded why

so for an hour or so my adblock was not working

every video i clicked the same fucking 30 second ad maybe its different in other country's i live in the netherlands

sometimes i feel guilty for using it but today i was reminded why i use it 

do any of you guys use adblock if so why

I try not too... But sometimes there are just WAY to many ads on a page and I'm like screw this. I NEED to see some blank space on this page!

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Oh dear, you had to lose 30 seconds on each video. Oh, it must be so hard. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I don't use adblock because

a. I don't trust it (just don't, don't really trust most software, I feel sketchy every time I have to re download teamspeak)

b. Occasionally the ads do show me something I am interested in. Just this morning I encountered an ad pushing back against the people trying to force the Washington Redskins to change their name. This ad led me to a change.org petition supporting the Redskins name, which I happily signed and forwarded to my entire family.

So yeah, 90% of the ads are shit that I am not interested in, but just occasionally, I encounter something I am.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

you missed the point its not about just ads or the 30 seconds its the same ad everytime if it where different ads i wouldnt mind 

you missed the point its not about just ads or the 30 seconds its the same ad everytime if it where different ads i wouldnt mind 

It's still only 30 seconds added onto the video. Unless you have the crappiest internet and those ads take an age to load, it shouldn't matter to you. Yeah, they can be annoying at times, but just deal with it. Which leads me onto the fact of why can no one deal with little things in life anymore? 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

It's still only 30 seconds added onto the video. Unless you have the crappiest internet and those ads take an age to load, it shouldn't matter to you. Yeah, they can be annoying at times, but just deal with it. Which leads me onto the fact of why can no one deal with little things in life anymore? 

i do have crap internet 1.5 mb down 0.3 up

@SeriouslyMikey my problem is those ads that autoplay sound, and hide in the background so you cant see them to close them. also those flashing banner ads set off my migraines.  youtube ads arent that big of a deal unless im trying to watch a 30 second video and it forces me to watch a 2 minute ad first.. hulu is getting so bad i may as well just watch regular tv.  i also have yet to see an ad for anything that i care about enough to actually click on. if its really that interesting, i still wont click on it, ill just google it.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

@SeriouslyMikey my problem is those ads that autoplay sound, and hide in the background so you cant see them to close them. also those flashing banner ads set off my migraines.  youtube ads arent that big of a deal unless im trying to watch a 30 second video and it forces me to watch a 2 minute ad first.. hulu is getting so bad i may as well just watch regular tv.  i also have yet to see an ad for anything that i care about enough to actually click on. if its really that interesting, i still wont click on it, ill just google it.

Now those ads I can agree with. They shouldn't exist at all. They're obnoxious and stupid. Along with the flashing banner ads. Then again, those sites that have them usually hit a personal black list of mine. If the designers of that specific site are big enough tits to allow ads like that, then they don't deserve any visitors. 

As for Hulu, I have never used it as I live in the UK and the service isn't available for me, so I cant comment on that. 

Now those ads I can agree with. They shouldn't exist at all. They're obnoxious and stupid. Along with the flashing banner ads. Then again, those sites that have them usually hit a personal black list of mine. If the designers of that specific site are big enough tits to allow ads like that, then they don't deserve any visitors. 

As for Hulu, I have never used it as I live in the UK and the service isn't available for me, so I cant comment on that. 

ive gotten flashing banner ads on google homepage before(albeit not recently).  and i honestly dont do a whole lot of browsing on random sites, when i do, i'd like to not be bombarded with random bullshit. hence why i use adblock. dont care about the newest shitty flash game with low quality pixelated tits, and i dont care about any hot singles in my area, and i know for a fact im not the 1000000000th visitor

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

ive gotten flashing banner ads on google homepage before(albeit not recently).  and i honestly dont do a whole lot of browsing on random sites, when i do, i'd like to not be bombarded with random bullshit. hence why i use adblock. dont care about the newest shitty flash game with low quality pixelated tits, and i dont care about any hot singles in my area, and i know for a fact im not the 1000000000th visitor

That sounds more like malware than anything. 

I don't use adblock because

a. I don't trust it (just don't, don't really trust most software, I feel sketchy every time I have to re download teamspeak)

b. Occasionally the ads do show me something I am interested in. Just this morning I encountered an ad pushing back against the people trying to force the Washington Redskins to change their name. This ad led me to a change.org petition supporting the Redskins name, which I happily signed and forwarded to my entire family.

So yeah, 90% of the ads are shit that I am not interested in, but just occasionally, I encounter something I am.

You're right not to trust it. It has huge memory leaks so we know it's not programmed very well.

But I'm not sure about doing sketchy things. Addons' sources are thoroughly reviewed (by a person!) for Firefox, and both Chrome's and Firefox' source codes can be viewed as Addons are simply JavaScript.

You're right not to trust it. It has huge memory leaks so we know it's not programmed very well.

But I'm not sure about doing sketchy things. Addons' sources are thoroughly reviewed (by a person!) for Firefox, and both Chrome's and Firefox' source codes can be viewed as Addons are simply JavaScript.

i havent noticed it having any memory leaks. youve gotta make sure you get the right one though. there is another very popular one that is super shitty and is actually paid off by ad companys to not block specific ads.   the good one was made by some random dude.

|Specs in profile|

I only enable adblock when I'm on my netbook and a specific website has so many flash ads that it slows down my computer. I believe that companies should be able to make money for their hard work. For youtube channels that I want to support I don't even skip ads unless they are over a minute long.

it needs updates, check with the settings in browser..

Details separate people.

Meh i used to use adblock not on YT though and since my windows reinstall i didn't bother downloading it. 

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Ghostery user here, not just for blocking ads but also for tracking cookies etc. 

As long as site and forum owners can't guarantee with 100% certainty that the ads on their site don't put cookies on the PC, I'm not whitelisting.   No exceptions, not even here.  

I did consider becoming a contributor to make up for blocking the ads, but the first thing asked is my full contact info, which I'm not willing to give.  Until the first and only step is to enter my PayPal info, that's not going to happen either. 

As much as I'd like to support LMG, I'm not prepared to let all kinds of ad companies track me, or put all my data in a database waiting for someone to hack it.

You get 30 seconds ads? The shortest ad I got was 50 seconds but usually they are 2-4 minutes. And sometimes they are some thing ridiculous like 40+ minutes.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

its not. until you see that SAME FUCKING 30 SECOND ADD for the 20th time. then i will rage. i have addblock off on LTT only, and i watch LTT videos through this site, since then i get the adds as well. but i will not tolerate watching the same shit over and over again.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I use adblock and whitelist every website I want to help the owners with adsense.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I always block ads on unfamiliar sites, and I hate those ads that automatically play audio or use a pop-up.

I only whitelist the forum and nycsubway.org. I watch LTT on my iPad so that doesn't exactly count.

I  finally installed it when I started getting interrupted in the middle of songs with ads, and I was watching ads that were longer than the videos

I finally said, fuck this. This is too far.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

its not. until you see that SAME FUCKING 30 SECOND ADD for the 20th time. then i will rage. i have addblock off on LTT only, and i watch LTT videos through this site, since then i get the adds as well. but i will not tolerate watching the same shit over and over again.

Marry me please.

There's this damn ad for Rogers's free NHL Hockey viewing thing on mobile, its a 30 second thing and you CANT SKIP IT >: (