SteelSeries to unveil line of gaming headsets at E3 2013

h-series-head.jpg

Steelseries is announcing a few new headsets which are part of their H-series of products.

SteelSeries 9H

The "tournament grade" Steelseries 9H will feature Dolby technology, a USB soundcard, and padded ear cushions that feature sound isolation technology

9h-retail-box.jpg

SteelSeries 5Hv3

This headset will feature a retractable microphone and the same sound isolation technology the 9H has

5hv3-retail-box.jpg

SteelSeries 3Hv2

The 3Hv2 is compact and foldable and also features a retractable mic.

3hv2-retail-box.jpg

All three are intended for use on Macs and PCs, but they have swappable ends or adaptors for use with mobile devices. Slated to be available by fall this year, the 9H is the priciest of the trio at $159.99. If you're not quite keen on paying that much for a pair of gaming cans though, you can grab the 5Hv3 and the 3Hv2 this summer for $79.99 and $39.99, respectively.

via: http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/06/steelseries-h-gaming-headset-e3-2013/

Source: http://steelseries.com/g/h-series

Nice find but are they basically the pre existing headsets with easy mobile device use? I mean they seem exactly the same as last gen but with this added functionality.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

guess my plans of getting a Marshall Monitor headphone will go bye bye.

going to 9H from having an awesome experience with the 7H Fnatic

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

911^NEmeSis, on 06 Jun 2013 - 6:27 PM, said:

Nice find but are they basically the pre existing headsets with easy mobile device use? I mean they seem exactly the same as last gen but with this added functionality.

Yeah, in fact the last 2 have basically the same name with a different version number.

No detachable cable/wire? Seems like a step back to me. I actually really liked my 5Hv2, but the left ear cup stopped working and would have been an easy fix to buy a new cable instead of a whole new pair.

I also prefer a foam/velour earcups over (p)leather ones, as they don't make your ears super warm and sweaty.

I'm still interested to see how these actually turn out though.

These are all fine and dandy Steelseries but... Where is my APEX?!?!?!?!? :p

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

Why are inline controls becoming the standard for gaming headsets? I can't stand them...

• 3 weeks later...

omg i can not wait getting the 9h when its out!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)