How to Kill an Hour in Class?

RelentlessAF

thats not a jammer thats just poor coverage and the walls getting in the way, eg we don't get phone signal in the basement or ground floor

Possibly, I'm not the only one though and certain others do still get some. Namely AT&T. (I have T-Mobile)

Do you have a class that requires the 84?

Not till next semester :( All my classes this semester are things like Sociology, English, and Networking.

Not till next semester :( All my classes this semester are things like Sociology, English, and Networking.

Oh.

Well invest in one now, the 84+ can be your friend during boring classes, as an Algebra 1 student I use my 84+Color during gym, because I'm not athletic.

Could be a dead zone, but signal "magically" reappears when I exit the building.

Do you get signal by a window? If you step outside do you magically get full bars? 

It's not a surprise to have schools use cell phone jammers, there's a dedicated question to it in the jammers FAQ by the FCC. Regardless of how schools may feel about jammer use, it is illegal.

Q: I am a principal or school teacher and would like to use a jammer to limit cell 
phone calls and texting during school hours. May I do so? 

A: No. It is a violation of federal law to operate a jamming device within the U.S. Cell phone 
jammers do not distinguish between social or other cell phone conversations and an 
emergency call to a family member or a 9-1-1 emergency responder. In an emergency, 
use of a cell jammer can pose a threat to both students and staff by preventing 
communications with police or emergency services. 
In other words, jammers, even if carefully targeted, create risks of interference outside 
their intended zone of operations and can thereby disrupt critical communications by 
public safety providers, as well as the legitimate communications of passersby. 

"Rawr XD"

Do you get signal by a window? If you step outside do you magically get full bars? 

It's not a surprise to have schools use cell phone jammers, there's a dedicated question to it in the jammers FAQ by the FCC. Regardless of how schools may feel about jammer use, it is illegal.

Outside I do get signal not full, I'm not sure about windows. I'd have to look into it further.

Oh.

Well invest in one now, the 84+ can be your friend during boring classes, as an Algebra 1 student I use my 84+Color during gym, because I'm not athletic.

Ah I see, well thank you for the advice than :)

Don't people just read/post on /r/pcmasterrace?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Read all the Engadgets :P

Possibility. I've just been replying to this post the whole time. Killed 40 minutes like nothing.

Possibility. I've just been replying to this post the whole time. Killed 40 minutes like nothing.

still just go on youtube, use a proxie or google translate trick

still just go on youtube, use a proxie or google translate trick

Could, butttt class is over now so yeah! I'm free!

stare at women longingly

stare outside longingly

end

Was actually going to suggest that the OP maybe talk some people and make some friends. And talk to some ladies, because its actually quite interesting in my opinion.

To the OP: Do you have a separate instruction for lab than lecture? My general chem and material chemistry classes were like that. My physics on the other hand had the same professor both lecture and lab.

As far as I know, at my University, participation is usually like ~5% in the classes do have it. While I was taking general chemistry our participation 'points' were based off whether the lab instructor signed off on our data in our data books. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Why not ask the prof what the point of staying is if you have all your work done? As long as you have good exam grades, I would just blow off the participation points and file a complaint with the dean of instruction.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

if your in collage just tell them you got called into work,

also what lab work ya doing?

if its medical Demerol or something will make an hour or a day go in an instant :P

Its all about those volumetric clouds

When I have extra time in class and I'm strapped for things to do, I

a) run through the Keys to Ascension 1 + 2 albums in my head from memory. That's over three and a half hours of music.

b ) if I've gone through those, I move on through 90125, Big Generator, Union and The Ladder. That adds on roughly another 3 1/2 hours, enough for an entire day of school if I needed it.

Yes, I have memorized the vast majority of Yes's songs. I went through a 3-year-long phase of only listening to them. it was awesome.

c) I curl up, put my head on the desk, close my eyes and fantasize about what sweet cutenesses would transpire if an adorably shy fox girl transferred into my school and ended up in the seat next to me, pushing our desks together when doing pair work or just working on classes together.

ahhh...

you should try it out, it's really fun. Letting your imagination go out the window...