How to Kill an Hour in Class?

RelentlessAF

Hey guys, so I'm just sitting in class (not allowed to leave during our "lab time" even though this is a college course, go figure) and I have already completed my work. However the class ends in another hour so I'm kind of bored wondering what to do.

Things I can't do:

Play flash games.

Things I can Do:

Pretend I am "researching"

Look at stuff on the interwebs that is safe for work.

Ideas? Thoughts? Food to Spare for a lowly pleb?

youtube? just hang here. we have cookies.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

How are you in school at this hour?

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Read up on your favorite games.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Murder your classmates

I am kidding, DONT DO THE ABOVE.

The stupid thing is back when I was in school me and about 5 mates used to play on our PSPs (The original fat ones) on AdHoc .... only got court once with it as stupid as my teachers were :lol:

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Murder your classmates

I am kidding, DONT DO THE ABOVE.

The stupid thing is back when I was in school me and about 5 mates used to play on our PSPs (The original fat ones) on AdHoc .... only got court once with it as stupid as my teachers were :lol:

I have a 3DS though my teacher here has eyes like a hawk (this website is a tech website and I am "researching" tech related things for a paper.)

Listen to a couple of these songs, the time will fly right past. 

youtube? just hang here. we have cookies.

Can't use YouTube ;(

Get some headphones, listen to a audiobook and go to sleep.

I wish, can't have headphones.

Can't use YouTube ;(

Your phone? 

EDIT: oh no headphones? Dam hmm how about researching some economics hahahha that shits beneficial. Ok ignore me that sort of knowledge is probably boring to you. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Revise the work you've done for another 10 minutes, then just call on the teacher and say you're done... Hopefuly he/she isn't a total twat and will let you do free time... Either that or give you extra work.

Cell phone Jammer.

Pretty sure you can report them as that's generally illegal almost everywhere...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Well, just hang here. Come to the dark side, we have cookies.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I just leave. Remind the professor you are the one paying, you are entitled to leave if you want to.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

That's what I am doing currently aha.

I wish I could do that. Fucking iBoss web filter blocking any games, shopping, forums, or social media. Twitter still works fine tho.

Revise the work you've done for another 10 minutes, then just call on the teacher and say you're done... Hopefuly he/she isn't a total twat and will let you do free time... Either that or give you extra work.

It isn't due until next week sooo yeah. I could revise it but it's better to just submit it, and re-submit it after corrections.

I wish I could do that. Fucking iBoss web filter blocking any games, shopping, forums, or social media. Twitter still works fine tho.

What about a proxy?

I just leave. Remind the professor you are the one paying, you are entitled to leave if you want to.

Than I lose participation points :P it's not so bad. I got financial aid anyway so that excuse doesn't make much sense.

It isn't due until next week sooo yeah. I could revise it but it's better to just submit it, and re-submit it after corrections.

Just leave. Your college probably has a by-law or catalog book. Nothing prevents you from leaving. Print and read up when you get home, next time you want to leave lab smack your professor upside the head with it and  demonstrate that you can leave at your own will if you are done.

EDIT: participation points, well that sucks. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.