How the new iPads are made

awesomes8wc3

read the whole thing

SYekpri.png

The only thing Ive can think of when designing new Apple products.

x-post from /r/ipads, fgts over there cant read

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

i have an ipad air, for the second i wish they would just add better speakers, the touch thing. leave how the body is so i can have a bigger battery

I agree. Stop making it thinner and lighter, it's already super thin and light. Improve the battery!

Apple seems to be really obsessed with thinness. You don't make a freakin' iPad better by making it flamin' smaller. You make it slightly thicker so that it doesn't "bend" easily (didn't you learn your lesson from the iPhone 6 Plus with #Bendgate Apple?, obviously not) and you improve on the battery life greatly by whacking a higher capacity battery in it and improving on the specs like making use of the now 64bit iOS and adding 4GB of RAM/memory. It's quite ridiculous if you ask me. They might as well keep iOS 32bit if they're only gonna whack 1-2GB of RAM in their iOS devices. Really Apple, you need to up your flamin' game because it's getting freakin', stupidly ridiculous.

*shakes head in disbelief*

Rant over.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

We've passed the point of diminishing returns long ago with smartphones and the thinnest tablets and ultrabooks.

If you make them any thinner, you simply limit thermal efficiency and power at the cost of pointless thinness.

Who cares if your 6-inch smartphone is 9mm or 7mm? Seriously, who cares? I'd gladly take 10mm for the extra battery space!

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Apple seems to be really obsessed with thinness. You don't make a freakin' iPad better by making it flamin' smaller. You make it slightly thicker so that it doesn't "bend" easily (didn't you learn your lesson from the iPhone 6 Plus with #Bendgate Apple?, obviously not) and you improve on the battery life greatly by whacking a higher capacity battery in it and improving on the specs like making use of the now 64bit iOS and adding 4GB of RAM/memory. It's quite ridiculous if you ask me. They might as well keep iOS 32bit if they're only gonna whack 1-2GB of RAM in their iOS devices. Really Apple, you need to up your flamin' game because it's getting freakin', stupidly ridiculous.

*shakes head in disbelief*

Rant over.

My thoughts exactly...

We need more rugged devices in the market... Like the Toughbook line of laptops...

My thoughts exactly...

We need more rugged devices in the market... Like the Toughbook line of laptops...

I's just saying exactly what I was thinking. :D

Comments in this thread seem pretty on point, stop with the thinness add battery! 

'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'

Comments in this thread seem pretty on point, stop with the thinness add battery!

They can't help it, they're addicted to thinness like a drug addict is addicted to drugs. ;)

They can't help it, they're addicted to thinness like a drug addict is addicted to drugs. ;)

Nothing wrong with being addicted to drugs but the thinness thing is like meth instead of weed!

'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'

Apparently with the thinner profile of just 5mm difference they've removed the lock

rotation button. Apparently you have to do all this in the control center now.

I was actually amazed they made it thinner

I actually want my portable products to be lighter... adding my iPad 4 to my backpack on holiday was too much, so I left it behind, if it weighed less and was slimmer/smaller I could have carried it around easier

Appartly with the thinner profile of just 5mm difference they've removed the lock rotation button. Apparently you have to do all this in the control center now. I predict that the iPad will become extinct because of the stupid mistakes Apple is making. All Apple cares about is money. But what's the point of hoarding money when you can't take it with you when you die. I guess they'll find out the hard way.  :rolleyes:

The "lock rotation button" was also a mute button, but I think its pretty useless on the iPad, I have it on my iPhone as an instant mute switch which is great, but since people dont really call and text your iPad, its less of an issue to mute it

and I have never locked orientation on the device  (except maybe once in its whole lifetime) - 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

myipad mini 1st gen is 2 yrs old now and batterly lasts easily 2 days and BOY do i use it alot

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

and I have never locked orientation on the device  (except maybe once in its whole lifetime) - 

Same on all my devices i have never wanted or needed to lock rotation.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

The "lock rotation button" was also a mute button, but I think its pretty useless on the iPad, I have it on my iPhone as an instant mute switch which is great, but since people dont really call and text your iPad, its less of an issue to mute it

I use it every now and then on my iPad 4 and find it quite useful.

I use it every now and then on my iPad 4 and find it quite useful.

For every now and then usage, you can just access it from control center

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'd rather trade thinness for better display, front camera, stereo speaker and battery

I swear the stereo speaker from my Nexus 7 2013 sounds way better than iPad Air speaker

They need to improve crucial features, not making it the most fragile device ever

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Haha, seriously? You must really love that. :P

I'm curious as to why you chose such a job then.

It's not my dream job, but the pay is decent. 

It's not my dream job, but the pay is decent.

I see. Well I guess that works.

Anyway, I think we've derailed this thread long enough. Perhaps we should get back on the topic of this thread. :)