PC vs Console?

neision

Graphics arn't as good and you cant easily update the hardware on a console, I personally would always go with a PC (without even thinking about it) also I love the PC as its the most adaptable, and games are most of the time cheaper on PC than console (In my experience)

Consoles are good for people who don't really game that often or are in high school and want to play with friends from school. Pc is better for if you want to have more upgradability, want to play games such as RTS and MMO games which aren't available on consoles, Have better controls, Better graphics and having a fast pc is just awesome in general, Its down to personal choice, I was an xbox gamer for years. Now im a PC gamer, I dont hate on people for playing xbox, I just prefer PC for being better in every way.
"[...] I was an xbox gamer for years. Now im a PC gamer, I dont hate on people for playing xbox, I just prefer PC for being better in every way. "

That last pretty much concludes my opinion. PC is better in every single way.

I've been playing consoles since I was about 10 up until I was 15 when I built my PC. PC is definitely better but I need my Xbox for Halo.

"An Excellent Signature"

Because there is better graphics, support, cheaper games and League Of Legends,

PC might cost more for upgrades, but I'm not one for wanting to play my video games on outdated technology. So....PC is my choice for life and will always recommend it to everyone I come across.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

Graphics arn't as good and you cant easily update the hardware on a console, I personally would always go with a PC (without even thinking about it) also I love the PC as its the most adaptable, and games are most of the time cheaper on PC than console (In my experience)
One the strongest opinions I've seen yet :) thanks for your input bro

One the strongest opinions I've seen yet :) thanks for your input bro

I use the PlayStation 3 as a Netflix player.
Hahahahaha this comment won :D

Honestly, if I wanted a console I would build a small tower with something like a GTX 650ti, hide it inside an entertainment center, use a 360 controller and huge TV.

LOL @ this topic

no one will really prefer console on this forum

what is the point of being of this forum if you are on consoloooololl

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

When your younger your most probably going to go for a console as it's cheaper, however as you get older in the long run a PC is a cheaper option as you don't need to but a whole new rig every time you want to update it. Personally my parents brought the Wii when it came out and been using it as a media player ever since (after hacking it), but it's the worst thing ever you cant play 720p or 1080p video on it as it just freezes as the quality of the video is to good (need to get a new TV as well so I can plug the HDD straight into it)

I have only ever really played PC games, and sadly most of my offline friends use ps3 and xbox, and argue over which is better, and they never take into account my opinion. I think there is a much wider spectrum of games on PC, you can see that just by looking on Steam. From the FPS market to indie games, and even down to the emulation of old school console games. You can't get this sort of variety on consoles.

I've been a big Nintendo fan for a long while, and the biggest reason was the games. That's all that this argument boils down to, which platform gives you what you want?

A couple years ago, I bought a new Xbox 360 slim. I was tired of not being able to play all the games that were coming out on the other consoles. My Wii was collection dust on a shelf. A PC didn't come to my mind simply because I didn't have the money.

It's been just over a year now that I've had my custom PC, and I haven't touched my Xbox since except for Netflix on my TV. Everything looks better, everything plays better, and best of all, I'm in control of my PC, inside and out.

So for me it all boils down to two things which fluctuates for each person: price point, and game exclusivity.

PC gaming is generally looked upon at the promised land for gaming in terms of the lack of 12 year olds due to the fact that most little children can't afford a solid gaming rig, so in order for the PC to stay that way is for the price point to remain much higher than a console.

As for a console, the biggest pull for me personally would be the universal communication functionality of the Xbox. Similar to steam, but for every game. On the PC, Ubisoft, Steam, EA, Windows Live, etc... are all trying to shove their overlays down my throat. A common interface that ties everything together is an awesome pull for a console.

Finally, game exclusivity. I'm willing to admit that I would but a PS3 just so that I could play Journey, and the Uncharted series. It's the same story for each console, Nintendo's offerings probably being the biggest pull due to their prolific status and consistent quality, but that's just me.

A PC hardly has any exclusives as it would be insane for a developer to only release a game on PC, indie or not. Consoles are cheaper, therefore they have a much larger audience to reach than with just PC gamers.

PC

Pros: Much more customizable user experience, in terms of both hardware, and software, better performance in games, upgradable hardware, and it's also a PC, so there's that too. :P

Cons: Expensive depending on your selected hardware (you get what you pay for), sometimes convoluted in terms of many different interfaces for games, it's also worth noting that an average gamer that has no knowledge about the inner workings of a computer shouldn't delve into building one. I've seen too many kids come into my work and complain that they new custom isn't turning on because they wanted to build it instead of me. They usually end up plugging the PCI power into the CPU power or vice versa.

Console

Pros: Cheaper, universal interface, usually smaller and more compact, as well as more exclusive games that entice gamers to buy.

Cons: Like I said with PCs, you get what you pay for. Cheaper hardware means lower quality graphics and performance in general. You're pretty much buying a PC from 2005 when you purchase a 360, so you're going to get performance from 2005. Linus covered this is a video comparing the Xbox 360 to a modern gaming PC, I'll attach a link to the vid.

I've probably missed a bunch of things, but I feel that I've covered a bunch of bases. Go Team. Goodbye!

Sorry dude but I've aeen this vid sinve the day It was uploaded :) I know What they're both capable of I just want everyones opinion rhanks anyway

The only thing that should matter when picking a pc or a console to play games on is what your friends are playing. If you are the only one that plays on your pc sure you get better graphics but who cares if you are missing out on good times with your friends.

Also on a side note it is easier to find a decent game on a console vs. pc due to the pc being over saturated with bad games.

PC = Great

Downside = Cost a lot of money.

Edit: unless you pay for xbox live...

advantages

pc = better hardware choices, available notebooks with similar or better hardware (portable too), discount on games, more software capability

console = splitscreen(for guests), easy to use, exclusive games (+kinect, ps move, guitar hero, killzone, halo, etc), compact, larger community, futureproof (we are stuck with the old hardware but the console lasts at least 6 years before its upgraded)

pc is more of a hobby for me while the console is for casual stuff like netflix with the fam

most of my friends are not pc gamers so im stuck with my console to play with most of my friends :/

both is good but i believe console is overrated...pc gaming needs a new sales marketer... :'(

For those with little money consoles have always seemed more affordable but now a days a gaming computer can be built for under £300 in the UK. I mean sure it wont run everything 'maxed out' but it has the crispness you learn to expect form a computer and the ability to do whatever you want without paying for Xbox Live. On top of this you have the ability to use a keyboard and mouse along with a quieter system! plus with the sizes of hard drives these days anything can be downloaded and played that way from steam.

for a link to the £313 gaming computer, click here :)

I like to play on PC's most, just because I'm used with using keyboards and mices. My dad has got us a PS3 recently, but it has not been much used. If I should chosse between a PS3 or a XBOX 360, I would say PS3, since I'm used to the controller design from the PS2/PS1

MEH

I think both are good, Console gaming is for people who want a streamlined experience, without the option for modifying anything and a closed community experience. PC gaming is for people who like to do mod games, use things like steam, origin etc. for community and who in general likes to tinker with their settings and not really getting a streamlined experience but more of a customised/personalised one. PC gaming is also really for people who use computers for other things than just gaming, like music or watching videos (this has been moving over to tablets and phones a lot for the last couple of years.). That's my 2 cents.

I use both PC and Console. I have a PS3 for a reason: The PS3 I bought just for Uncharted (favorite game series) and Sony's other exclusives like God of War, Metal Gear Solid, Killzone, Resisitance, Heavy Rain, Ratchet and Clank, etc. I also have a 360 but I only use that to play CoD MP. PC is obviously better graphics wise, but i'm not going to let sub-par graphics keep me away from a series like Uncharted.

i5 3570K - MSI GD65 z77 - 660ti 2gb SLI - Kingston HyperX Blu 8gb (4x2gb) - Corsair H100i - Corsair 500r - Corsair HX 850w - Kingston HyperX 120gb SSD

Thanks for the opinions guys it means allot!! just thinking that something's missing hope I get it in the next few replies! keep em coming!

artic chill ~ Nick

Starting this conversation here is going to bring about a lot of biased answers. While I personally will always have a place for consoles like PlayStation 1 in my heart, I see the PC reigning supreme over any console. You can get a whole lot more immersed in a PC game due to the expandability of a PC. Simple things can also keep you up to date with technology on the PC, such as upgrading your graphics card or overclocking a little bit more. On the console, you are locked down to what the manufacturer wants and how they want it. I love being able to control the technology I am using. I customize almost everything I have in order to make it my own, which is why I also choose Android over iOS.

My Rig:

• CPU: 1090T@4.1ghz
  • GPU: Gigabyte 7870
  • MOBO: Crosshair Formula V
  • RAM: 8GB 1333mhz
  • PSU: 650w corsair HX
  • SSD: 120GB Kingston HyperX
  • Sound card: Asus Xonar DX

The only reason to play on console are exclusive games or a unique experience only implemented on that console. To me, there are not enough exclusive games that would make me want to buy a Playstation or Xbox instead of a better graphics card and this probably wont change for the next generation of consoles. I do own a Wii U though because Nintendo games are almost always enjoyable and the Wii U gamepad is pretty cool.