PC vs Console?

neision

PC all the way :) The console will never outdate the PC because new components come out every week practically!!

"You dont have to wait for the next console generation, its the PC"

I do prefer PC over Xbox, the majority of games you can still use a controller for.

I'm terrible with keyboard and mouse...

One thing I prefer on Xbox is use of a 360 controller on COD, only game that bothers me and I wasted money on MW3 last year buying it and finding out I am crap on keyboard and mouse. My only complaint. Oh, and GTA 5 won't be out on the same day as Console.

sorry craig. on other cod games, like black ops, there was built in support, but i went and looked it up (after trying to use my gamepad in mw3) and there is no built in support for a gamepad on mw3. i would yell at the publisher and producer. but in the meantime you can use a cheap tool called xpadder and manually set up your gamepad to play the game (it can emulate mouse movements and everything else). sorry but i had simply never tried to use my gamepad on mw3, but it worked fine on black ops, and i'm pretty sure it did on mw2 (been quite a while). but regardless the program xpadder can make any game work with your gamepad if you are willing to spend a few minutes figuring out how to use it.

Console because its a one time purchase and you are set for nearly half a decade not needing to upgrade hardware!

PC because of the better and more up to date hardware! Much cheaper games!

I feel consoles are just holding back PC gaming in terms of the in-game graphics! But i'm thankful for the graphic mods that PCs get a little while after the game release!

It depends. Back in high school, I used to play lots of console games simply because the consoles were affordable, all my friends had consoles and it was easy to link up online and play.

Nowadays, I am mainly a PC gamer, I find games like BF3, CoD, Farcry are just more fun to play on the PC with the crazy graphics you can have at 1080p or higher and the tweaking you can do. Also I am a big fan of building gaming rigs so its fun to buy the parts, put it together, benchmark, overclock, etc and then play. I can't do those things with an Xbox.

For someone who has an Xbox 360 and PS3, I really don't use those consoles anymore, in fact, my PS3 is just used for Netflix and Blue-ray's!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT

MB: ASUS ROG Dark Hero VIII 570S

MEMORY: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 32GB (8GB x 4) @ 3200Mhz

CASE: Corsair 680x

STORAGE: 256GB M.2(PCIE) EVO 970 | 1TB Curcial M.2 (PCIE) SSD

PSU: Corsair RM850x

You are going to get an overwelming number of PC votes (me included here) as this is a computer community!

PC

Advantage: Graphics, you can do other stuff-eg Photoshop, Mods the list goes on (see the people above :D)

Disadvantage: Not exactly cheap

Console

Advantage; Exclusive Games

Disadvantage: PC is superior for the reasons above

There's nothing like sitting on the couch and playing SSBB with some friends. PC gaming would be perfect if more developers implemented split-screen.

PC of course! Why would you be watching Linus otherwise??

The one advantage consoles have is simplicity but if you would preffer that you wouldn't be here. So pc.

In reply to Neision I think that the general superiority complex that goes along with SOME PC gamer's which has popped up in this forum thread is a form of negativity which we should not want in this forum.

The general opinion that consoles are for casual gamers where as PC is for the hardcore, is a form of bashing console gamers, (Not saying that you demonstrated this view, just that is has popped up in this thread).

The LinusTechTips / NCIXCOM crowd are generally less typical of a normal youtube comment sections, usually being able to hold a conversations without it breaking down into a silly internet troll fight. But, in the videos where the topic is Intel vs AMD, Nvidia Vs AMD, any mention of Apple hardware and any mention of consoles, it brings out the worst in many of the people in this community. Just an observation and something I hope we can avoid

:)

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Out of all 89 posts I only got one negative vote and this person thinks I should remove this topic :) well keep It cool all you guys I'm having allot of fun replying with you guys! I'm still searching for the golden opinion.

Artic chill ~Nick

I prefer the customization that PC gaming tends to offer, in software and hardware. There is nothing wrong with console gaming, it just doesn't have what I'm looking for. Plus, who doesn't love deep discounts from the steam sales? :)

I can honestly say I am not leaning one way or another. Both have pros and cons. There are times when I dont mind just leaning back on the couch and holding a controller and playing some halo with the chaps. There are other times when I like to sit in my computer chair and be in awe of the graphical splendor that is the PC environment.

I can honestly say I am not leaning one way or another. Both have pros and cons. There are times when I dont mind just leaning back on the couch and holding a controller and playing some halo with the chaps. There are other times when I like to sit in my computer chair and be in awe of the graphical splendor that is the PC environment.
Wow great persepective!!! :D I like this one allot!

Console gaming is more consumer friendly and thats about it for its advantages.
I disagree. Consoles cannot get most of their games through Live or PSN without them being hilariously overpriced. Xbox users also have to pay for Xbox Live, which is the only way to game with their friends on that console, and even though they are paying, Microsoft still puts ads in the home screens. PSN users have to deal with a broken message interface, that Sony refuses to repair for some reason. Not to mention that for years PSN was a joke in terms of usability and user friendliness. Also, consoles don't get nearly the same kinds of deals PC users see every few months from Steam, with 75% off of games being frequent. Not to mention sites like GoG, Greenman Gaming, Gamersgate... etc.

The only consumer friendly thing about consoles are the fact that they are cheap standardized. That's it.

pnBIF.gif?1

PC: enthusiast, pricey.

Consoles: casual, cheap.

There's also a very important thing in gaming: games.

Let's say I want to play Zelda or Final Fantasy, do I want to get a PC for that? And what good do keyboards and graphics do with such games?

In fact I own a gaming PC, so yeah, great performance, woah, amazing graphics, kabooom, smooth movements, and all that stuff we love so much.

But I also own a PS3 and a PS2, 'cause I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy, and those are games that don't really need any of the PC characteristics to be enjoyed.

In the end the most important thing is that games must be fun to play. Everything else, though important it may seem, is less relevant.

Per aspera sic itur ad astra.

i have both because i play pc games for the graphics, but i play xbox because thats what my friends play on.

I have both a Gaming PC and a PS3.

The PS3 is great for my lounge as it functions as a Media center, it has my external HDD plugged into it with TV and movies on it. I use it to play Black Ops 1 occasionally, but I mainly keep it so my Mac-using Flatmate can play on it.

My PC destroys the PS3 in every single aspect.

I see the appeal of consoles, and why people own them, why they argue for them. But PC are simply better.

A PC is ment for your studie, console for your lounge room. you can not game on a PC in your living room while being able to take advantage of a keyboard and mouse. sure, you can use controler with a PC but then your versing people using keyboard and mouse. (most gaming is online and competitive)

A console is just a low powered PC with a custom form factor, proprietary software/hardware and it is non-upgradeable. It's no contest which one is better... SNES!

There's nothing like sitting on the couch and playing SSBB with some friends. PC gaming would be perfect if more developers implemented split-screen.
i can play 4 player ssbb in hd on my pc. the dolphin emulator runs that game almost perfectly.

Price .... guys think about the money that most of you treat like it's coming from a fountain. Consoles are cheaper. I would get a PC if A. It costs less. B. I know some else who games on their PC.

---Don't argue about building your own computer at the price point of a console. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE . Because if you can build a gaming computer with the same price of a console, console would not exist.

Plus, you don't see advertisement for PC gaming products or things like that. ( besides maybe Alien ware). However, consoles are mainstream.

Really, must we go through this?

So, for PC

Pros.

- Often better deals on games

- Better graphics and performance

- Customizability

- Ability to be used for work

- Better controls for FPS, MMOs, RTSs, Third-person Shooters (Hey, they're still fast paced)

- You can use a controller with them if you wish

- Might seem like a pain to build, but isn't at all.

Cons

- Even though eventually you'll save quite a bit on games, you'll have to shell out a bit more than on a console for the first purchase

- It's... bigger? Don't mention mini-ITX since a GTX 670 or a 7970 is the size of an ultra slim PS3.

- Not really much use at parties, unlike PS3 with games like LBP, LBP2 and the Wii (Haven't used the Wii U) with many local coop games for up to 4 players.

What a silly thread lol. The only reason I see need to game on a console is if there are specific titles that are not available on PC that you NEED to play. Or if you have a group of friends that you like to play in person with. Since the advent of the internet that seems much more rare these days to hang out and game together in the same room as opposed to just staying home and playing with your friends online. Who knows maybe it's just because I grew up :P.

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

PC gaming-Better graphics, better load times and you just can not beat the keyboard and mouse experience, it gets you more dawn into the game OH and Higher resolution and I mean way higher then Consoles

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Out of all 89 posts I only got one negative vote and this person thinks I should remove this topic :) well keep It cool all you guys I'm having allot of fun replying with you guys! I'm still searching for the golden opinion.

Artic chill ~Nick

I don't think think you should remove the topic. Just think it encourages console bashing/PC elitist talk which is in my personal view is a negative.

I don't think there is any golden opinion that will sum up the "PC vs Console debate" because an opinion is usually and hopefully an individual thing.

Again that is simple my opinion.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558