PC vs Console?

neision

Well im sort of a in between kind of guy. PC all the way for flexibility and performance. But I play most games with my Xbox controller.

Theres also some games that are just not available on PC such as Metal Gear Solid 4.. And Jak and Daxter. Tenchu Z was only available for 360.

Console for a quick game with friends, PC for a proper session of good quality gaming.

Honestly depends on the person and the persons budget. Me for instance I never had 500$ to spend on a computer so I bought a console instead. Graphically PC is so much better and runs at a higher framerate but let's face it there is very little support for PC games and you have to worry about updating drivers.

Guy comes home tells his wife to pack her bags, she says "where are we going?" guy replies "I don't know where you're going to just be out of here by five."

I think gaming on a PC is better. It looks better and you have access to mods things like that. It's still handy to have a console thought for the exclusive games not available for PC.

Mid 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Core2Duo undervolted/8gb/500gb Momentus XT

HTPC i3-2100/8gb/2x500gb WD blue/PNY GT430/Silverstone LC-13b-e

PC is best because of graphics, indie games, free to plays, higher frame rates and you will spend less money in total if you bought all the same games for console.

Wow, this thread still going? All the replies at the last three pages has already been brought up.

Consoles will never be up par with PC's.

Out of all 89 posts I only got one negative vote and this person thinks I should remove this topic :) well keep It cool all you guys I'm having allot of fun replying with you guys! I'm still searching for the golden opinion.

Artic chill ~Nick

wow thanks allot I like your perspective I'm really seraching hard for the right opinion!

Wow, this thread still going? All the replies at the last three pages has already been brought up.
Hahahaha ye it's no. 6 in discussion and off topic :D I'm searching for something it'll be closed soon :D

Honestly depends on the person and the persons budget. Me for instance I never had 500$ to spend on a computer so I bought a console instead. Graphically PC is so much better and runs at a higher framerate but let's face it there is very little support for PC games and you have to worry about updating drivers.
Wow budget that's really a highlighted pro & con :D

Console for a quick game with friends, PC for a proper session of good quality gaming.
That's true PSN and Live are really good social interfaces I like the UI allot!!

In reply to Neision I think that the general superiority complex that goes along with SOME PC gamer's which has popped up in this forum thread is a form of negativity which we should not want in this forum.

The general opinion that consoles are for casual gamers where as PC is for the hardcore, is a form of bashing console gamers, (Not saying that you demonstrated this view, just that is has popped up in this thread).

The LinusTechTips / NCIXCOM crowd are generally less typical of a normal youtube comment sections, usually being able to hold a conversations without it breaking down into a silly internet troll fight. But, in the videos where the topic is Intel vs AMD, Nvidia Vs AMD, any mention of Apple hardware and any mention of consoles, it brings out the worst in many of the people in this community. Just an observation and something I hope we can avoid

:)

Yeah me too bro!! :D everything's sailing smoothly from my perspective I'm actually having a grand time here :) I like your opinion allot!!

PC: enthusiast, pricey.

Consoles: casual, cheap.

There's also a very important thing in gaming: games.

Let's say I want to play Zelda or Final Fantasy, do I want to get a PC for that? And what good do keyboards and graphics do with such games?

In fact I own a gaming PC, so yeah, great performance, woah, amazing graphics, kabooom, smooth movements, and all that stuff we love so much.

But I also own a PS3 and a PS2, 'cause I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy, and those are games that don't really need any of the PC characteristics to be enjoyed.

In the end the most important thing is that games must be fun to play. Everything else, though important it may seem, is less relevant.

HAHAHAHa I like how you emphasized on the cheap part hahahaha it's true but there's allot more!

A console is just a low powered PC with a custom form factor, proprietary software/hardware and it is non-upgradeable. It's no contest which one is better... SNES!
SNES!!! Hahahaha win!

Price .... guys think about the money that most of you treat like it's coming from a fountain. Consoles are cheaper. I would get a PC if A. It costs less. B. I know some else who games on their PC.

---Don't argue about building your own computer at the price point of a console. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE . Because if you can build a gaming computer with the same price of a console, console would not exist.

Plus, you don't see advertisement for PC gaming products or things like that. ( besides maybe Alien ware). However, consoles are mainstream.

ME GUSTA! I love your point! it speaks to me..... not literally :P I really like!

Really, must we go through this?

So, for PC

Pros.

- Often better deals on games

- Better graphics and performance

- Customizability

- Ability to be used for work

- Better controls for FPS, MMOs, RTSs, Third-person Shooters (Hey, they're still fast paced)

- You can use a controller with them if you wish

- Might seem like a pain to build, but isn't at all.

Cons

- Even though eventually you'll save quite a bit on games, you'll have to shell out a bit more than on a console for the first purchase

- It's... bigger? Don't mention mini-ITX since a GTX 670 or a 7970 is the size of an ultra slim PS3.

- Not really much use at parties, unlike PS3 with games like LBP, LBP2 and the Wii (Haven't used the Wii U) with many local coop games for up to 4 players.

You don't have to reply bro there are MANY topics on the forum but your point is valid and really vivid to an extent I like!

What a silly thread lol. The only reason I see need to game on a console is if there are specific titles that are not available on PC that you NEED to play. Or if you have a group of friends that you like to play in person with. Since the advent of the internet that seems much more rare these days to hang out and game together in the same room as opposed to just staying home and playing with your friends online. Who knows maybe it's just because I grew up :P.
LOL!!! I get this allot in my school! just really anoying to me I really liked your perspective thanks for your contribution bro!! :D

Well im sort of a in between kind of guy. PC all the way for flexibility and performance. But I play most games with my Xbox controller.

Theres also some games that are just not available on PC such as Metal Gear Solid 4.. And Jak and Daxter. Tenchu Z was only available for 360.

mee too I can't play with a mouse and keyboard all day feelss... unnatural hahaha :D but I like !

Thanks allot for the replies guys!!! l07 posts and #6 trending topic :D I really love the opinions I haven't found it yet think I need to do more research outside the forum!!

The rant started in my school again and they say no-one cares about steambox let's buy the new PS4 and when it is outdated let's get the PS5 honestly hate my friends at school just really uneducated about the stuff thay play! >:( see you guys again I'm HUNGRY FOR MORE!!

Artic Chill ~ Nick

i like the console because you can have 4 people on the same screen so its better for groups of friends. but love the graphics and depth you get from pc gaming and the customization to taste you can get.

Gotta mix it up sometimes. Different games just suit different controls right?

Well consoles are good for exclusives: Uncharted, The Last of Us...

Also I prefer to play sports games (FIFA) on consoles as generally there are more people.

Consoles are good for people who don't really game that often or are in high school and want to play with friends from school. Pc is better for if you want to have more upgradability, want to play games such as RTS and MMO games which aren't available on consoles, Have better controls, Better graphics and having a fast pc is just awesome in general, Its down to personal choice, I was an xbox gamer for years. Now im a PC gamer, I dont hate on people for playing xbox, I just prefer PC for being better in every way.
@Shayne787. Last time I check PC supports as many players as the game they are playing provides locally which is the same. I played games with 3-4 people using usb controllers fine.

i5 3570K (4.5Ghz OC)|4x4GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance pro|Zotac GTX 980 Amp! Extreme Edition|Asus p8Z77M-pro|Raidmax 500 80+Br| 128GB Kingston Now SSD|2x1TB Western Digital Blue| Artic White Define R4|Corsair H60 cooler|CM Storm Quickfire MX BLUE| White Corsair M65

I have recently converted to PC Gaming from own a PS3.

Pros:Better Graphics and more power, Most of the same multi-platformer titles are available, A maturer douche bag community with plenty of support, Complete Customization, easy access to non traditional titles and Indie games(usually free of charge), Aesthetic MODS, more in-depth experience with the game you're playing with no need to rush through(for me at least) SKYPE while playing!, and Pron before you game to motivate.

Cons:Don't have as much access to certain company exclusives and fighters, sometimes later release date, stupid middle man game clients(origin) and the stereotype that all we can do is play MMO's and RTS's.

i5 3570K (4.5Ghz OC)|4x4GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance pro|Zotac GTX 980 Amp! Extreme Edition|Asus p8Z77M-pro|Raidmax 500 80+Br| 128GB Kingston Now SSD|2x1TB Western Digital Blue| Artic White Define R4|Corsair H60 cooler|CM Storm Quickfire MX BLUE| White Corsair M65

Console gaming is more consumer friendly and thats about it for its advantages.
@DrewZealot. PSN's pay model is definitely good. You get tons of freebie's which are not just gimmicky indie games. early access and other great products and features. The online stability is on par just people need to learn to use a mic and go hardwired. And paying is optional. You don't have to pay to do anything really unlike xbox where it unnecessarily relies on gold accounts to run simple things like netflix LOL! and PSN is do day one digital so you can get most of there games on psn. Love ps3 but I do prefer PC now.