PC vs Console?

neision

Well, console gaming is holding PC gaming back. Battlefield 3's graphics were toned down because the consoles couldn't handle it. Since most of their income comes from consoles, it was a much smarter choice to reduce the graphics. If there wasn't as much piracy then we would have seen a different outcome.Also, the reason Black Ops 2 has so much fog is because the map is so huge that if the consoles tried to load it all at once it would cause major lag, which would make the game un-playable.

Please refer to this video.
I'm proud to say I've watched every episode of LinusTechTips and NCIXCom, Well not the ones that were made 5 years ago.

please close this we all know pc is better but you need to throw in more money this wil probs end in a flamewar..

PC all the way, I bought a PS3 before I had a PC and now I only use it for the blu-ray player. PC has better graphics, a lot more uses and the games are cheap!

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I know this argument has been going on for as long as consoles and computers could support games but I do not understand why people need to argue over it.

It's like fighting to decide if fruits or vegetables are better (fruits are). They are both fine and have their own niche that they fit perfectly. They have no reason to run the other "into the ground". I have been playing on consoles since I had my NES and original Gameboys. I have grown up with controllers in my hand and that is why I prefer playing FPS games on Xbox 360. The controller makes it so simple for me.

PC gaming works fine for games as well though. RTS games I could never see done well on a console for example.

Basically, I think it's a tie. Neither is better than the other and no arguments should come out of it. After all, both are there simply for fun, not competition.

Advantages of PC: Hardware control, Quality of performance variations, easy game modifications, colossal online forum support, lower cost of games, more capable peripherals (mouse and keyboard vs controller), free online play (except for subscription based games)

Advantages of console: Cheaper initial investment, local multiplayer is easier to accomplish.

Verdict: PC wins

PC Forum...

Trying to start a console war

Obvious troll detected

Just kidding, here's my real view:

I think that PC is king for a billion different reasons. There are only two LOGICAL reasons that PC is NOT the best.

1) Same room multiplayer (e.g. split screen, turns, or shared screen). PC has literally no comeback to this, and no I will not count LAN parties or sharing a keyboard.(while LAN parties would be viable it requires multiple PCs and basic networking)

2) Portability. Laptop gaming is considered a joke by most and while it is still optional it's absurdly expensive. Moving even the smallest of towers around is HIGHLY inconvenient.

​EVERYTHING else goes to PC hands down.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

nintendo 64 ftw ;)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

You shouldnt ask this in here!!!!!!
Welll sorry to burst your bubble bro I just did :p

please close this we all know pc is better but you need to throw in more money this wil probs end in a flamewar..
Urm no??? This is my thread / topic sorry to burst your bubble but I'm searching for somethig I'll close It when I want but thanks for your opinion bro

Is... Is that even really a question? and on these forums too...
Its under general discussion and there's a question mark at the end of the title .... so yed ... yes It is thanks for your contribution btw

I know this argument has been going on for as long as consoles and computers could support games but I do not understand why people need to argue over it.

It's like fighting to decide if fruits or vegetables are better (fruits are). They are both fine and have their own niche that they fit perfectly. They have no reason to run the other "into the ground". I have been playing on consoles since I had my NES and original Gameboys. I have grown up with controllers in my hand and that is why I prefer playing FPS games on Xbox 360. The controller makes it so simple for me.

PC gaming works fine for games as well though. RTS games I could never see done well on a console for example.

Basically, I think it's a tie. Neither is better than the other and no arguments should come out of it. After all, both are there simply for fun, not competition.

An I really reallt liked this comment like mindblown good!! Thabks fir your contribution

PC:

Advantages - Graphics, controls, FPS, all sorts of games. Also, if you have a good gaming PC you have a good PC for any task.

Disadvantages - Umm... you know... That one thing... I honestly can't think of any.

then use an xbox 360 gamepad while on your couch

EDIT: don't get me wrong, keyboard and mouse is superior in a fps game, but some people are quite good with a gamepad. there are lots of other solutions though for using keyboard and mouse on your couch in the living room.

Advantages of PC: Hardware control, Quality of performance variations, easy game modifications, colossal online forum support, lower cost of games, more capable peripherals (mouse and keyboard vs controller), free online play (except for subscription based games)

Advantages of console: Cheaper initial investment, local multiplayer is easier to accomplish.

Verdict: PC wins

Thabks allot but I wouldn't say pc wins reason I started this topic searching for a post just getting there thanks allot I liked your point

PC Forum...

Trying to start a console war

Obvious troll detected

Just kidding, here's my real view:

I think that PC is king for a billion different reasons. There are only two LOGICAL reasons that PC is NOT the best.

1) Same room multiplayer (e.g. split screen, turns, or shared screen). PC has literally no comeback to this, and no I will not count LAN parties or sharing a keyboard.(while LAN parties would be viable it requires multiple PCs and basic networking)

2) Portability. Laptop gaming is considered a joke by most and while it is still optional it's absurdly expensive. Moving even the smallest of towers around is HIGHLY inconvenient.

​EVERYTHING else goes to PC hands down.

Bro your intro was really good!!! Love all of your points wow I think I've liked 5 out of 74 posts the best keep It real bro thanks for your contribution :D

consoles are great for a one issue solution. they play games, they play those games alright, and they are fun to play with. but a pc is a total entertainment solution; games, music, movies, internet browsing, documents, video editing, 3d rendering, it just goes on and on. not to mention games on a pc have always and will always have potential for higher quality graphics due to the fact that a console is static, pc hardware is always progressing. not to mention you can often run brand new games on cheaper hardware than a new console would have cost.

Wow some really interesting opinions I really really like! Thanks allot for all the opinions guys!! I'll keep this topic open for a bit longer I wouldn't say I found the golden opinion yet but keep the coments POSITIVE! Only negatives are people who dislike the topic then don't post :)

Artic chill ~ Nick

p1Gkf.jpg
video editing, fully browsable internet (including things like irc and newsgroups), documents, 3d rendering, photoshop/gimp, for me, built in tv recording, i could go on and on, but i think that is 6 not 5. although i suspect your image was sarcastic, because that is allot of reasons to like pc.

I do prefer PC over Xbox, the majority of games you can still use a controller for.

I'm terrible with keyboard and mouse...

One thing I prefer on Xbox is use of a 360 controller on COD, only game that bothers me and I wasted money on MW3 last year buying it and finding out I am crap on keyboard and mouse. My only complaint. Oh, and GTA 5 won't be out on the same day as Console.

some of my friend who play on console have spent about the same amount as me because once a console breaks you have to buy a whole new one if something are your PC breaks you just replace it after you figure out what broke and most of the time you don't have to replace your machine and also you cant insure you console like you can insure parts on your PC

PC - Better graphics and community.

Console - More social, better with friends over.

I have a good gaming desktop, decent gaming(ish) laptop, and a 360 and PS3 and Vita.

There's no real argument to be had if you have them all. I don't count money or cost as an aspect as it's never been a factor for me really.