PC vs Console?

neision

Hi everyone I'm Nick thanks for joining the forum!

This fued has been going on for years! I want to hear everyone's opinion but...... tell my why you chose either option. If you can,place a disadvantage to your choice aswell!

Artic chill ~Nick

PC:

Advantages - Graphics, controls, FPS, all sorts of games. Also, if you have a good gaming PC you have a good PC for any task.

Disadvantages - Umm... you know... That one thing... I honestly can't think of any.

OMG did you really start this!?!? lol.

I personally think that both are good, but depends on your needs. I have a PS3 that I will sell soon because it just does not suit my needs. If you are a gamer that plays their games and then throws them away for the latest one, then I think you'll be satisfied with the console. However, if you are a gamer that tends to stick to his games, mod them and play them for a very long period, then the PC is for you. As I said both have their advantages and disadvantages, You go the way you want. I prefer having tons of games, that I'll most likely be able to play on a PC in 20 years than an old console that has a lot of chances to break or just suddenly stop working during the years.

I hope I was clear. This is only my opinion, please don't rage on me guys :)

- Keven.

I have a Xbox beside me right now and if Im honest, it's only function is to play Call of Duty once a month and Forza.

Consoles are good for people who don't really game that often or are in high school and want to play with friends from school. Pc is better for if you want to have more upgradability, want to play games such as RTS and MMO games which aren't available on consoles, Have better controls, Better graphics and having a fast pc is just awesome in general, Its down to personal choice, I was an xbox gamer for years. Now im a PC gamer, I dont hate on people for playing xbox, I just prefer PC for being better in every way.

I believe PC reigns supreme.

Advantages: Much better graphics, higher resolutions (doesn't apply to most), more precise controls, and, from my experience, a much better, more supportive and friendly community.

Disadvantage: Price; I realize there are very low-cost PC gaming solutions out there, but in order to really appreciate what PC gaming has to offer, you have to spend a bit more than you would on your average gaming console.

Primarily play on the pc because my favorite genres are rts and fps which are both (rts especially) better on the pc due to controls. But I also own 360, ps3, and the wii for the various games I enjoy on each that are not available on the pc.

I don't see the point of only sticking to one, consoles are dirt cheap these days, can pick them up alongside a good computer.

This is my stance on PC or Console:

If your friends have consoles, get a console.

If your friends have PCs, get a PC.

I say this because I'd much prefer having friends to play with then to be playing with randoms or single player all day.

Main PC: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/FNsFVY

Secondary PC: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/7sv7xY

Former Intel Response Squad Member, May Class.

Member of the LTT Forums since January 3rd, 2013.

keyboard and mouse or die

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

They both have their place, consoles have games that PCs dont have and PCs have games that consoles dont have. its really down to personal preference, my friend wants a gaming rig, but he would rather have money and just play Halo 4 and some other games like that. The Console community is greater therefore its easier to find different matches in online games. They both have their place, i prefer PC, and consoles keep the 12 yearolds away from me, but i still play my xbox every now and then. Steam sale has had it sitting for a while though.

well right now i am a concole gaming but am saving up for a gaming pc and i belive that pc is better but concoles have a bigger fan base but are also very expencive in the long run.

well right now i am a concole gaming but am saving up for a gaming pc and i belive that pc is better but concoles have a bigger fan base but are also very expencive in the long run.

You won't regret buying a gaming PC, that's for sure. But as for the fanbase thing, I believe PC has the console beat. Especially with games like LoL and Starcraft 2.

PCs are more expensive, but are much more worth the investment. Plus all the knowledge that you gain from building one yourself is great to have. Superior graphics performance is another major benefit. As much as I love my PC, I still own an Xbox that I use almost exclusively for Halo from time to time.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

I prefer PC over console because hardware is superior and games that have great mods, such as counter-strike or skyrim, are on PC. The disadvantage of PC is that consoles do better for local multiplayer games, such as street fighter or mario party.

I have both a Gaming PC and a PS3.

The PS3 is great for my lounge as it functions as a Media center, it has my external HDD plugged into it with TV and movies on it. I use it to play Black Ops 1 occasionally, but I mainly keep it so my Mac-using Flatmate can play on it.

My PC destroys the PS3 in every single aspect.

I see the appeal of consoles, and why people own them, why they argue for them. But PC are simply better.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

I personally think that if a console gamer were to spend about a month playing all their favorite games on a high-end gaming PC rig, they would be a convert. However, a disadvantage to PC gaming I have come across is that I get WAY more errors on my PC than on any console I've ever had (starting with Sega Genesis, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, Wii). Currently, I am unable to play COD MW3 or Black Ops 2 in online multiplayer for some reason completely unknown to me. I do not have these problems on console.

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

I've been a big Nintendo fan for a long while, and the biggest reason was the games. That's all that this argument boils down to, which platform gives you what you want?

A couple years ago, I bought a new Xbox 360 slim. I was tired of not being able to play all the games that were coming out on the other consoles. My Wii was collection dust on a shelf. A PC didn't come to my mind simply because I didn't have the money.

It's been just over a year now that I've had my custom PC, and I haven't touched my Xbox since except for Netflix on my TV. Everything looks better, everything plays better, and best of all, I'm in control of my PC, inside and out.

So for me it all boils down to two things which fluctuates for each person: price point, and game exclusivity.

PC gaming is generally looked upon at the promised land for gaming in terms of the lack of 12 year olds due to the fact that most little children can't afford a solid gaming rig, so in order for the PC to stay that way is for the price point to remain much higher than a console.

As for a console, the biggest pull for me personally would be the universal communication functionality of the Xbox. Similar to steam, but for every game. On the PC, Ubisoft, Steam, EA, Windows Live, etc... are all trying to shove their overlays down my throat. A common interface that ties everything together is an awesome pull for a console.

Finally, game exclusivity. I'm willing to admit that I would but a PS3 just so that I could play Journey, and the Uncharted series. It's the same story for each console, Nintendo's offerings probably being the biggest pull due to their prolific status and consistent quality, but that's just me.

A PC hardly has any exclusives as it would be insane for a developer to only release a game on PC, indie or not. Consoles are cheaper, therefore they have a much larger audience to reach than with just PC gamers.

PC

Pros: Much more customizable user experience, in terms of both hardware, and software, better performance in games, upgradable hardware, and it's also a PC, so there's that too. :P

Cons: Expensive depending on your selected hardware (you get what you pay for), sometimes convoluted in terms of many different interfaces for games, it's also worth noting that an average gamer that has no knowledge about the inner workings of a computer shouldn't delve into building one. I've seen too many kids come into my work and complain that they new custom isn't turning on because they wanted to build it instead of me. They usually end up plugging the PCI power into the CPU power or vice versa.

Console

Pros: Cheaper, universal interface, usually smaller and more compact, as well as more exclusive games that entice gamers to buy.

Cons: Like I said with PCs, you get what you pay for. Cheaper hardware means lower quality graphics and performance in general. You're pretty much buying a PC from 2005 when you purchase a 360, so you're going to get performance from 2005. Linus covered this is a video comparing the Xbox 360 to a modern gaming PC, I'll attach a link to the vid.

I've probably missed a bunch of things, but I feel that I've covered a bunch of bases. Go Team. Goodbye!

Boom. Roasted.

Thanks everyone for your contribution I read all of your opinions and every one of them was unique :) but I'm not statisfied yet I'm like an amature critic I'm hungry for more hit me with your opinions thaks allot

Artic chill ~Nick

What I like about PC gaming, is that there are way more indie games for PC because on consoles you have to pay all kinds of extra fees for releasing and updating a game that it simply wouldn't make sense for them to release it on consoles.

This is why you can get loads of awesome games for PC for the price of one console game. Don't even get me started on steam sales. I have bought like 10 awesome games games for almost less than an average boxed console game.

In this sense PC gaming might not even be as much more expensive than console gaming, if at all more expensive.

PC is also the home of MMOs and free-to-play games, which I also love.

I have a PS3, but the only thing I play on it anymore is Rocksmith because I happened to get it for Christmas and now everyone can play it because it's in the living room.

I do like some of the PS3 exclusives, but the PC "exclusives", or what I listed above, in my opinion absolutely outweigh them.

But after all it is still a question of preference. PC gaming just suits what I do and what kind of games I enjoy playing better than console gaming.

Bitfenix Shinobi Window, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, Intel i5 3570k Cooled by Noctua NH-U12S, msi GTX 660 (non-ti) 2GB, Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 8GBCorsair CX600, Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB, ASUS Xonar DGX, Windows 7 Home Premium, 1995 IBM Model M2 (buckling springs), SteelSeries Sensei RAW, Sennheiser HD 518, A 22" 1680x1050 LG TV, Samsung S27D390H 27" PLS HD Monitor, Crucial MX-100 256GB SSD, RGB Case LEDs from IKEA(no kidding)

Console: Cheaper is the big selling point, more accessible for less tech savvy people, more user friendly as a whole, usually better support due to specific hardware, more physical games (if thats really an advantage)

PC: Better Performance, upgrade-ability, more free games, more games, cheaper games, more useful (not just for gaming or media), more freedom (mods, etc), better networking technology (Dedicated servers etc), more players in overall, more exclusives.

Well consol dose have the advantage of just plugging it in and playing just like a Mac but the graphics are not as good at PC plug you have to use a joystick to play. I own a PS3 and I like it for liek 2 or 3 games but 90% of the games I own are for PC not only because its modable and more open but come on mouse & keyboard is so much better.

It has been say above, I also think the exclusive games on console are why someone should play on console.

If you also think that, tell us which games on console you liked on this thread. ;)

Console gaming is more consumer friendly and thats about it for its advantages.

This is only a test

There's honestly nothing too bad about console gaming, and it's a great option for consumers wanting to enter the gaming industry on a budget. In saying that, a console is often several generations behind PC in terms of gaming. Battlefield 3 is a great example, where PC can support up to 64 players while console can only support 24.