PC vs Console?

neision
Price .... guys think about the money that most of you treat like it's coming from a fountain. Consoles are cheaper. I would get a PC if A. It costs less. B. I know some else who games on their PC.

---Don't argue about building your own computer at the price point of a console. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE . Because if you can build a gaming computer with the same price of a console, console would not exist.

Plus, you don't see advertisement for PC gaming products or things like that. ( besides maybe Alien ware). However, consoles are mainstream.

Alien ware is too overpriced, which is why they have to advertise it, for 12 year olds with rich parents

i like the console because you can have 4 people on the same screen so its better for groups of friends. but love the graphics and depth you get from pc gaming and the customization to taste you can get.
It only gets confusing if you arent playing split screen and all the players look the same, only problem with splitscreen is screen-peeking

pc, there is absolutely no competition. the only things that consoles have are used games from game stop [cough cough steam is about the same price after a while cough cough and there not used cough cough] and low price. cant have a LAN party with consoles, well you can but it will most likely be internet based not LAN based. half of the fun with a pc is making it your own experience with peripherals and you can go as high end and awesome as you want, triple monitor gaming is a freaking awesome experience. if you make itx system you wont miss out on the portability or that living room experience even if you have to use a controller or 1x8 plank for your keyboard and mouse with a hard mouse pad. couch gaming isnt that hard, i didnt have a chair for the longest time and had to game on the couch
I've had lan-parties with consoles it isn't that hard, 2 xbox's two 32inch tvs and 8 controllers, in one room with junk food and a ton of alchohol

its the price thats the main thing and when you wanna build your own gaming pc you need a fair amount of knowledge to know what you are doing and not to get ripped of buy people (if your from england pc world is the villain). i used an xbox for years until i got a pc, best thing i ever did upgrading

I'm pretty much PC all the way, I have an xbox, its good in social situations if you have a lot of people round and some of the indie/arcade games are pretty decent. The cost of a PC that can play the latest games @ at least 60fps can be a lot for some people and I don't think its right to judge people on circumstance.

Whist we are on the topic, has anyone had the misfortune of playing FarCry3 on the xbox? I was bought it as a christams present, luckily they included the receipt, completely unplayable and I'm not being fussy... Frame rate and aliasing were shockingly bad....It looked terrible. I got as far as the doctors Earnhardt's house and rushed down to return the game and pick it up on steam...Seriously bad, I hear Hitman suffers the same problems.

We definitely need to see the console platform updated whether you play it or not, they really cannot handle some of the new releases.

PC:

Advantages - Graphics, controls, FPS, all sorts of games. Also, if you have a good gaming PC you have a good PC for any task.

Disadvantages - Umm... you know... That one thing... I honestly can't think of any.

i game from my sofa, never had a problem, mouse on the arm and keboard in lap, the key is a decent wrist rest. ;)

Console for fighting games and the fighting game community in general, PC for everything else. I used to like consoles for access to old games during the bit wars, but MAME put and end to that as well.
hm....... Football as well didn't think about the fighting part honestly .. no lie

its the price thats the main thing and when you wanna build your own gaming pc you need a fair amount of knowledge to know what you are doing and not to get ripped of buy people (if your from england pc world is the villain). i used an xbox for years until i got a pc, best thing i ever did upgrading
price isn't such a big criteria atm because an amd system will come around $600 :D not much more expensive :D great input I like!

I'm pretty much PC all the way, I have an xbox, its good in social situations if you have a lot of people round and some of the indie/arcade games are pretty decent. The cost of a PC that can play the latest games @ at least 60fps can be a lot for some people and I don't think its right to judge people on circumstance.

Whist we are on the topic, has anyone had the misfortune of playing FarCry3 on the xbox? I was bought it as a christams present, luckily they included the receipt, completely unplayable and I'm not being fussy... Frame rate and aliasing were shockingly bad....It looked terrible. I got as far as the doctors Earnhardt's house and rushed down to return the game and pick it up on steam...Seriously bad, I hear Hitman suffers the same problems.

We definitely need to see the console platform updated whether you play it or not, they really cannot handle some of the new releases.

Hahahahaha!! my friends at school say Far Cry 3 on xbox and ps3 looks sooo real -_- *sigh* kids these days

You know, I cant really say, consoles, I dont see the reason in saying xbox is better than playstation blah blah, they both do the same thing. I say neither one are better. If you have a PC, more power to you but at the same time with a pc what I do understand you are prone to run into, more problems with compatibility due to components and what not, as for console games they all have to meet a standerd, to fit the consoles running needs. I see a console as nice thing to have, Why not have the best of both worlds?

Bought a used PS3 to play Uncharted games, God of War, L.A. Noire, NHL games, Red Dead Redemption, other console only games. Sold everything now and got a new IPS monitor. Great experience though, kinda wish i still had it - i played ir rarely, but it was sure fun with friends. Maybe i'll get a next gen console, when they are on sale/drop price/used.

Soo mainly PC - but consoles are good for exclusives, and party play.

i like the console because you can have 4 people on the same screen so its better for groups of friends. but love the graphics and depth you get from pc gaming and the customization to taste you can get.
ha ha thats the best part, screen-peeking that is

maybe its different in the uk but a new console here is £250 and a decent gaming pc is £600

I'd say disadvantage is that there is a higher set up cost and because of this less real life friends to game with, eg all my friends have an xbox or ps3 but only a few of us have computers that can handle gaming of some degree. Hope this helped

I was a console gamer, owning the Sega, Atari, Playstation, Playstation 2 (my ONLY current working gaming console, and my favourite) and XBOX 360. While i like console gaming and relaxing on the couch while gaming, when I found PC gaming I was hooked. Not because of the graphic advancement (which is great) but I couldn't care less about game graphics, I CARE for GAMEPLAY. So really the main drive that drew me into PC gaming was the fact the games were cheaper, and more accessible eg. Steam, and once I got HDMI output and a wireless controller (which isn't working any more, only worked for about 2 weeks :() gaming on the PC with the output to the TV has been great when I want to relax and play non-competitively. However competitiveness = mouse + keyboard.

However the ONLY major factor and point that I could put forward for consoles and real only reason why I still use my PS2 is for playing games with the family and friends. The PC is more for individual playing, while the console allows for many people to play together at once. And me and my brother/friends playing football and others gaming versing each other on weekends and it is fantastic fun.

In the end we are all gamers.

GAMEPLAY matters more than graphics.

If it's on PC, playing it on PC...if it's not, playing it on whatever console it's on. lol.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

I own an xbox 360 and a pc so i get the best of both worlds

the pc for the superior graphics and the 360 for the exclusives like getting dlc earlier in certain games and the xbox exculsive games like halo and gears of war

My Current Rig:

http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/5838447 

Steam ID: RonHGeneral Xbox Live: RonHGeneral

• 2 weeks later...

The only disadvantage I can find for a PC would be the price for a computer with all current parts. Other than that PC is pretty much awesome! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Man I was away for a while but I'm back bridging that gap gonna start new topics as of tomorrow! Any questions message me :D

STAHP! This tread is hurting my insides.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I have always found this quite the easy choice, no because im a PC gamer. First ill start with why would you console game? Its cheaper, and more people play games online. Now before i get hit with all the theres more PC gamer than console ill explain. MW2, that was my favorite FSP I have over 350 hours played on my steam accout for multiplayer alone. God i loved that game. but as soon as blackops two or whatever came next, online players went from 100,000's to just a over 500 in about a week. No one left to play with in the weeks after. PC online for MW2 is basicly dead. Yet on Xbox during busy hours still today there 5000 people online! so if you dont have the money to buy a new game every 4 months and keep up with the trends, the Console gaming is probly your choice. it donest look nearly as good as PC, Console grapics suck ass! conpared to PC but its cheaper, and when it comes to a long tearm player base. Console is better. While console is good where PC shines ofcoures is graphics, options, customization and mods. along with choices of games. So it really comes down to what is more important to you, and to alot of people, money is a problem. so a 200 dollar console with a few games will provide alot more fun per dollar over the long run than a gaming PC.

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670