Am I the only one that does this?

I have a pretty stupid tendency to close things (steam, Facebook tab, mail tab, apps on my phone, etc) just to get back to the desktop/homescreen/other tab and re-open what I just closed. I hate how I realise what I just did just as I click the button -.-

Yes you are the only guy. Excluding that one other guy who posted just yonder.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I have a pretty stupid tendency to close things (steam, Facebook tab, mail tab, apps on my phone, etc) just to get back to the desktop/homescreen/other tab and re-open what I just closed. I hate how I realise what I just did just as I click the button -.-

I do that at least 5 times everyday...

Yes you are the only guy. Excluding that one other guy who posted just yonder.

Wow what a coincident that the only other guy in the world that does it just happened to be here, on the same forum!

I thought only my dad did that......gets so annoying  :rolleyes:

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

What I do is that when I want to open a new tab and visit a new website, I press cmd+t and get this view (most used pages quick browser)

post-16878-0-19185700-1370465829.png

And then I just sit and stare at it for 10-20 seconds, and think to myself "nah, time to check a new site", so I press cmd+t again. Then I realize I just opened a brand new tab whilst already in a new tab

You closer app types really annoy me. Its not like its costing you anything to leave an app open, especially when you know you'll be on for some time and might, even if its 1% of a chance you'll need the app again. I could understand if you wanted to free up memory or something like that but to close for just a close?

I leave any app I open open till either the computer runs out of memory or I shutdown/reboot and then the system closes the app not me, computers are supposed to do your work for you not the other way around.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

What I do is that when I want to open a new tab and visit a new website, I press cmd+t and get this view (most used pages quick browser)

attachicon.gifSkjermbilde 2013-06-05 kl. 22.53.30.png

And then I just sit and stare at it for 10-20 seconds, and think to myself "nah, time to check a new site", so I press cmd+t again. Then I realize I just opened a brand new tab whilst already in a new tab

what is this madness of a browser you use?

I close the apps just to close them on my nexus 7 all the time even if I may need them again in a few more minutes.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

I have a real problem with longpressing home and removing all currently running APPS.

what is this madness of a browser you use?

Safari on OSX :P

(I like that gallery, the looks, the minimal amounts of screen real estate it occupies and the way apple has built in "conformity" with the rest of the OSX gestures, I use Chrome too, on Windows and a little on OSX)  

I have a real problem with longpressing home and removing all currently running APPS.

I'm sure there are medications for that.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Safari on OSX :P

(I like that gallery, the looks, the minimal amounts of screen real estate it occupies and the way apple has built in "conformity" with the rest of the OSX gestures, I use Chrome too, on Windows and a little on OSX)  

oh, apple stuff...

If you close a Tab and press ctrl+shift+T it opens the previous tab that you closed.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

I just minimize all the windows to get to my desktop go just open a windows explorer and find my stuff there. I set a key on my keyboard to do Windows+D to show the desktop.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

i dont do it with internet tabs but i tend to do it a lot with folders that are open

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

Yup. I always close Imgur, and then type "i" then press enter to bring myself back to Imgur...

I do that all the time.  If I am not currently using it, I close it.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

Nah, I don't really do that unless I click the wrong button.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Hmm, I dunno man.....

rYuA2zJ.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I may have multiple Chrome browsers open (say work, social media, youtube, forums), but that's it really.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

On my phone, I click the home key to get back to the start. On my PC I have pretty much all the apps I use on the taskbar (I re-enabled the old quick-launch tray, usually disabled in Windows 7), so I rarely need to go to the desktop. When I do, I tend to just grab the window and snap it to one side of the screen, because what is on the desktop is all on one side of it.