What controller to buy?

Go to solution Solved by Theo,

the 360 controller is awesome buuuut if you can wait a bit, wait for the xbox one to come out, which will have a better controller and get that, its what i'd do!

So I want to buy a controller for playing some games like platformers, awesomenauts or racing games that work better with a controller. I am going to be using that controller on a PC, and it doesn't have to be wireless.

What is the best controller I can get? Or what would be the best value controller available? Amazon germany availibility appreciated, because complimentary shipping.

I was thinking about maybe the xbox 360 controller: http://www.amazon.de/PC-Xbox-Controller-Windows-schwarz/dp/B004JU0JSK/

the 360 controller is awesome buuuut if you can wait a bit, wait for the xbox one to come out, which will have a better controller and get that, its what i'd do!

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

That's a great choice since that is the one controller that seems to be supported most by game devs. I have one and it's very useful, though I wouldn't mind one of those mods that changes the D-Pad to a more proper one.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

The 360 controller is pretty good, but the directional thingy in the bottom left is terrible, and the sticks are a bit heavy to move but other than that I have no complants about mine. You might want to wait for the one controler as Theo said, it seems to be a lot better.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Logitech wireless. IMO the only worthwhile PC controller.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I fear it is going to be more expensive. Also it is going to take a while for what I think is only a marginal improvement. I'll buy the 360 one.

I'm using a razer xbox 360 controller for dirt3 and it's been great for everything so far. Though honestly the regular 360 controller for PC is probably just as good. I like the 360 shape.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

will there be an Xbox One Wired controller? 

will there be an Xbox One Wired controller? 

Time will tell! i sure hope so

EDIT: well the batteries arent removable, so im guessing it'll be like the PS3 one, that has a port that goes out to usb, and then you ll be able to use it with your pc.

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

You can get the xbox controller from Microsoft but a pc version that is wired. This would be a good option for things like racing games if you don't want to get a steering wheel.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Time will tell! i sure hope so

EDIT: well the batteries arent removable, so im guessing it'll be like the PS3 one, that has a port that goes out to usb, and then you ll be able to use it with your pc.

Awesome! because im not a fan of wireless haha,

See if you can still get any of the Xbox Batarang controllers they released with Arkham City. They're officially licensed and fix the problem with the regular controller's D-pad.

See if you can still get any of the Xbox Batarang controllers they released with Arkham City. They're officially licensed and fix the problem with the regular controller's D-pad.

This one? http://www.ebay.de/itm/Xbox-360-Official-BATMAN-BATARANG-CONTROLLER-Control-Pad-/370829179675

What is the problem with the dpad on the other one?

The circular nature of the original supposedly makes it hard to know which way is up, so to speak.

The circular nature of the original supposedly makes it hard to know which way is up, so to speak.

Now that would be rather easy to mod/fix/ducttape/enhance