Bigger Screen Size Benefits

I really want the Nexus 6 (mostly because of Lollipop), but I'm not exactly sure I want a phone of that size. I have a Lumia 920 and it sports a 4.5" screen, but the bezels are particularly big. I read a lot of articles and books on my phones, but I'm not so sure that that justifies for a huge ass phone. For those bearing a big ol' phone, how do you like it? What are the benefits of having a few extra inches of screen?

-From the desk of Moose-

My htc evo 4g lte has a 4.7" screen and its very nice, a little difficult to reach the opposite side of the phone sometimes but its not that big of a deal.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I prefer a big phone, but 6 inches is the bear maximum I'm willing to go for.

It's really about personal preference.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

It depends on the person. I think the just under 5 inch size phones are big enough, but you may not. You may have an advantage in terms of battery life, as the iPhone plus and Galaxy Note have proven. And as you mentioned, reading is a more enjoyable experience, as is video content.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I really want the Nexus 6 (mostly because of Lollipop), but I'm not exactly sure I want a phone of that size

Then get a phone that will be updated to Lollipop but is not a giant 6" diagonal slab?

"Rawr XD"

Then get a phone that will be updated to Lollipop but is not a giant 6" diagonal slab?

Well it's not the only reason. I want the Nexus because updates are important to me. I was extremely close to buying a Moto X, but the rumors of the Nexus were too tempting to overlook. And also battery life has always been a problem with my phone, so I figured that the Moto X wouldn't suffice. 

-From the desk of Moose-

If you look at a screen size comparison between a 4.7" and 6" phone, it's quite huge.

post-14986-0-21922300-1413773045.jpg

Source: http://www.displaywars.com/4,7-inch-16x9-vs-6-inch-16x9

I can see why they call 5.5"+ phones "phablets".

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Well it's easier to read a bigger screen, and there is a pretty strong correlation between display and battery size. All else being equal it can lead to a slightly increase battery life. We assume that the SoC will consume the same amount of power, which means the proportion of power it consumes on the system will be less than on a smaller phone relative to the screen. If the battery size increases proportionally you could theoretically get improved battery life, keeping in mind that the space of the PCB and chips on a phone at more or less fixed as well, that means there will be a larger % of the phone that can be used for battery. Obviously there are a lot more factors than that, but generally it's a trend.

Also a larger screen does tend to make texting/using the keyboard easier. It helps when your fingers don't cover 3 keys at the same time :P

Well you could get a Moto X 2014, it is almost pure stock and will definitely get android L

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8