Airflow in a H440 with the Swiftech H220-X?

Well this kit looks damn sexy and I want it in my H440. (I mean, it's almost mine, just need 15 bucks :D)

But I don't know about the airflow.

Could someone draw a shitty MS paint drawing with a good fan config? I'm on a shitty macbook, so I can't give you the template.

I just want the rad fans (I will replace all the fans with NoiseBlockers B12-PS) to be in a push config and i want the rad on the top of that H440. Any ideas? I can buy 9 of these fans if you want, I just want good airflow.

Also, all fans need to be 120mm.

All fans at top and rear as exhaust, front as intake. go with the NB fans at the rad then cheap out on the other fans and get 4 Corsair PWM Silent SP fans and 1 AF140 for the rear.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

All fans at top and rear as exhaust, front as intake. go with the NB fans at the rad then cheap out on the other fans and get 4 Corsair PWM Silent SP fans and 1 AF140 for the rear.

Def not gonna cheap out.

Btw, the reservoir blocks one of the fan slots and I want it to be in a push config.

You're saying "All fans at top and rear as exhaust". But I don't think one 120mm fan @ a 240mm rad is gonna work well.

I don't want to deal with dust.

Def not gonna cheap out.

Btw, the reservoir blocks one of the fan slots and I want it to be in a push config.

You're saying "All fans at top and rear as exhaust". But I don't think one 120mm fan @ a 240mm rad is gonna work well.

I don't want to deal with dust.

No no. I was saying that all of the fans, including the ones in the radiator, are exhaust. Heat tends to rise so it's logical to make your top fans as exhaust. As for planning on a push-pull setup, I recommend you don't. The H220-X doesn't have a monster rad to even consider a push-pull config, especially with those fans(love those fans btw).

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

2nZIXQI.jpggot it from google, just follow the pattern and have the top part exhausting air out

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

No no. I was saying that all of the fans, including the ones in the radiator, are exhaust. Heat tends to rise so it's logical to make your top fans as exhaust. As for planning on a push-pull setup, I recommend you don't. The H220-X doesn't have a monster rad to even consider a push-pull config, especially with those fans(love those fans btw).

What about the dust? Pull configs can't deal with it.

What about the dust? Pull configs can't deal with it.

Don't worry about the dust. It's on a bit negative pressure but it's not a problem since your case is practically full of dust filters. My rig hasn't been clean for a month since I swapped my case(can't even see a big accumulation of dust). You're fine. :)

Spoiler

Don't worry about the dust. It's on a bit negative pressure but it's not a problem since your case is practically full of dust filters. My rig hasn't been clean for a month since I swapped my case(can't even see a big accumulation of dust). You're fine. :)

Oh right haha

Thanks for the advice

Well this kit looks damn sexy and I want it in my H440. (I mean, it's almost mine, just need 15 bucks :D)

But I don't know about the airflow.

Could someone draw a shitty MS paint drawing with a good fan config? I'm on a shitty macbook, so I can't give you the template.

I just want the rad fans (I will replace all the fans with NoiseBlockers B12-PS) to be in a push config and i want the rad on the top of that H440. Any ideas? I can buy 9 of these fans if you want, I just want good airflow.

Also, all fans need to be 120mm.

I have a 280 AIo radiator at the top so can only have that, i think if you have a 240 you can still fit another fan at the top. all my fans are connected to and controlled by my MB. also configured to all not run unless a certain temp is reached which is 40 on mine

my fans wont turn on unless im gaming basically, if im watching youtube or on the net or documents there is no need to have the fans running as there is no load on your computer so no heat

2x 140 stock fans at the top pulling air through the radiator out the case (will be replacing them with the NF-A14 PWM which are also quite editions)

Back fan Corsair AF140 Quite edition pulling air out the case

front fan 1 SP120 PWM Quite edition pulling air in the case

front fan 2 SP120 PWM Quite edition pulling air in the case

front fan 3 SP120 PWM Quite edition pulling air in the case

if you not phased about noise, you can go for performance editions which have more airflow

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

Just a little tidbit, the reason why people don't like negative pressure for dust prevention doesn't have anything to do with the areas where dust filters are sitting. There are a lot of places air will be pulled from, and most of them aren't filtered.

That said, it's your system, and what you do with it is entirely up to you.

And since I'm making this post already, and forums are a place for opinions and communication, I'll tell you what I'd do.

Front (Intake) and back (Exhaust), Cougar CFV12HPB's (aka Vortex PWM), top (Exhaust, push) Enermax TwisterPressure.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S