Need a new phone(on christmas)

ManOfDisguise

I just love the nexus 5. The stock android is amazing, along with the latest updates first.

Just a pain trying to convince my dad to get one instead of an iPhone :(

-BUILD-

CPU: INTEL I5 4690K GRAPHICS CARD: GIGABYTE 970 G1 2.5GB CASE: NZXT S340|BLACK MOBO: MSI Z97S KRAIT EDITION CPU COOLER: CORSAIR H100i 

RAM: HYPERX FURY 2X4GB|WHITE PSU: CORSAIR RM850 850W FULLY MODULAR STORAGE: 1TB WD BLUE HDD OS: WINDOWS 8.1

No, the Nexus 5 is created by Google but produced/manufacured by LG. However, the nexus 4(older phone) is produced/manufactured by Samsung but still created by Google. Oh, and the Nexus 7 & 10 are manufactured by Asus. Kinda confusing.

Nexus 4 and 5 were manufactured by LG, the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S were the ones manufactured by Samsung.

I would recommend the OP getting the Nexus 5, the only high end android smarthpone reasonably priced.

Xperia Z3 Compact, Moto G 2nd Gen, Moto X 2014. Those are the phones I would consider If I were you.

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

There's so many variables now in days when picking a phone it's staggering. I would say it much harder picking a phone you like than it is a GPU LOL. I would say stick to what you already know you like and go with it.