Nexus 9 is apparently as powerful as a 2012 Mac Pro - Speculation

GoodBytes

Aha dont worry I am chilled :) just bored and quiet at work

These loaded articles just annoy me, We already know what the K1 is like from the shield, I cant imagine it is that much more powerful

RT?

320px-276167_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Get-Ou

Because Nvidia promises Haswell class performance with Denver.

Source

Source

and there was a post of the forums about it but seems I can't find it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

except for the fact that journalism is supposed to be about objectiveness, full facts, and unbiased opinions from credible sources.

I know i'm asking for too much.

however, the Denver is a great performer thou, I read somewhere that it's not very good on battery and that's why they don't put it in phones, so that'll be interesting.

also, 64bit K1 kills 32bit K1. but people will still go on to tell themselves that 64bit is "just a number"

Not really, wait a second I try to get a post you will like.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Agreed but they should show both sides the article could be like

K1 beats a mac pro for browsing, but is slower in 3d rendering 

Saying "its more powerful than a mac pro from 2012" implies that it is more powerful in every way, like you could edit some 4k movies on it something

Can you edit 4K on MacPro 2012??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Because Nvidia promises Haswell class performance with Denver.

Surely you want full windows on there? not smelly RT

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Surely you want full windows on there? not smelly RT

I don't get what you mean??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Can you edit 4K on MacPro 2012??

Erm? I am pretty sure you could edit 4k on a Time computer from 1990, if you tried

here is an article about old mac pros editing 4k

http://www.macworld.com/article/2084814/breathing-new-life-into-old-mac-pros.html

I don't get what you mean??

Windows RT is a cut down version of windows... where you cannot install steam or change the browser etc etc... it is not a full version of windows

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

except for the fact that journalism is supposed to be about objectiveness, full facts, and unbiased opinions from credible sources.

I know i'm asking for too much.

however, the Denver is a great performer thou, I read somewhere that it's not very good on battery and that's why they don't put it in phones, so that'll be interesting.

also, 64bit K1 kills 32bit K1. but people will still go on to tell themselves that 64bit is "just a number"

Here you go http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/211589-displeased-with-the-32bit-vs-64bit-fast-as-possible/

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Erm? I am pretty sure you could edit 4k on a Time computer from 1990, if you tried

here is an article about old mac pros editing 4k

http://www.macworld.com/article/2084814/breathing-new-life-into-old-mac-pros.html

Imagine how much will take for a 10 minute videos with techquickie quality.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

-snip-

Is Apple fusion just an SSHDD??

and I hope that Nvidia clamis are right imagine Haswell class performance on an Arm chip.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

and I hope that Nvidia clamis are right imagine Haswell class performance on an Arm chip.

No its a 128gb SSD and a Hard drive presented as one volume, its a really clever tech, the OS is always stored on the SSD, so you get fast boots, and then the SSD is used for caching and also to store frequently accessed files and programs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusion_Drive

Apple Fusion is not an SSHD, it's SSD Caching, usually done with a 128gb M.2 drive as the cache.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

No its a 128gb SSD and a Hard drive presented as one volume

So to get it right you combine a 128GB SSD and HDD together in one volume, not two separate one like WD dual drive, SSHD is just cashing data you access the most.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

So to get it right you combine a 128GB SSD and HDD together in one volume, not two separate one like WD dual drive, SSHD is just cashing data you access the most.

Kind of, its a bit more managed than that, in that it ensures the OS and other critical files are kept on the SSD, you do not have access to the drives separately, the computer intelligently moves files across as it needs, so if you play crysis every day, it will be stored on the SSD part, and it will move it off when you stop accessing it frequently

It also caches data in for temporary use too as well as other things

If you use an SSD for caching a drive, it cannot contain the OS.. it can only cache data... so its a bit more clever, its unique to Apple

Kind of, its a bit more managed than that, in that it ensures the OS and other critical files are kept on the SSD, you do not have access to the drives separately, the computer intelligently moves files across as it needs, so if you play crysis every day, it will be stored on the SSD part, and it will move it off when you stop accessing it frequently

It also caches data in for temporary use too as well as other things

If you use an SSD for caching a drive, it cannot contain the OS.. it can only cache data... so its a bit more clever, its unique to Apple

So like an SSHD but the OS is on the SSD and it automatically moves programs you use the most to the SSD from the HDD.

I'm right??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Apple Fusion is not an SSHD, it's SSD Caching, usually done with a 128gb M.2 drive as the cache.

What??? SSHD is SSD caching.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

So like an SSHD but the OS is on the SSD and it automatically moves programs you use the most to the SSD from the HDD.

I'm right??

Yeah thats right, it also has a write back buffer so there is no lag or latency when switching between storage pools so like 2-10gb will be set aside for data and is used a bit like RAM

Yeah thats right, it also has a write back buffer so there is no lag or latency when switching between storage pools so like 2-10gb will be set aside for data and is used a bit like RAM

Explain more if you have the time, please.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Explain more if you have the time, please.

Feel free to PM me if you like, there are some very good articles about it though which will explain bettter than me

what do you not understand?

(or feel free to make a new post in the storage section and we can discuss there)

What??? SSHD is SSD caching.

not exactly, SSHD is one drive, usually a 3.5 inch HDD with a few NAND chips attahed to the PCB that acts as a cache, usually something in the way of 4gb or 8gb

SSD Caching is two separate drives being presented as one volume under the OS, or more like a variation of RAID.

SSD Caching usually utilizes way more NAND, and becuse the each drive get their own bandwidth, they tend to be much faster.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

Man this thing looks nice, but I don't think I can go back to big tablets, they are just so clunky and weird. I wish they made the nexus 9 the size of the nexus 7 because that thing is awesome. Still, I can't wait till the nexus 9 hits the store and I can hold it and see if I like it. Also I can't wait for the Android 5.0 update, thing looks BAWSSS

"A very inspirational quote"

Damn!

Imagine if. Only time will tell. That would make it a really good gaming tablet. Nvidia has played their chips well.

Their?... weird, the Tegra is theirs alright, but the chips? They only have a license for them. So it's not "Theirs".. it's "Business theirs" .. but not the chips themselves. I doubt it.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Feel free to PM me if you like, there are some very good articles about it though which will explain bettter than me

what do you not understand?

(or feel free to make a new post in the storage section and we can discuss there)

I understand it kinda but you said it reserves a 2-10 GB it's like a ram but isn't more like caching.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Mac Pro? Are you sure you mean a Mac Pro?

Do you not mean a MacBook Pro?

The Mac Pro is a very powerful workstation...

I understand it kinda but you said it reserves a 2-10 GB it's like a ram but isn't more like caching.

Ok so basically

-128gb of SSD plus a Mechanical drive - seen by the user as one storage drive

- The OS and major files and documents are stored on the SSD permenantly

- the SSD is prioritized for more frequently accessed files and applications

- there is a buffer (like 10gb of storage) reserved for passing files back and forwards, that means there is no lag when a program is moved, as it may be stored on both the SSD and hard drive at the same time (a bit like RAM caching your program)

Mac Pro? Are you sure you mean a Mac Pro?

As in the old Xeon mac pros

As in the old Xeon mac pros

Yeah, I just read, apparently that particular Mac Pro had 12-cores and a multicore score of 20,000. The guy (in the tweet) is talking shit.