NZXT S340 vs Corsair Carbide Air 540

x Relentless Xx

Simple as that. Which case do you recommend?

Depends on what you're doing with it. Unless you need a lot of room and/or airflow I'd save the money and go with the S340. Looks a lot cleaner and sleeker too.

"Rawr XD"

I bought an S340.
Its got a ton of flaws, so I've been doing a lot of modding lately.

Really its just personal preference. What do you think looks better?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'd go S340.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

I really wanted to go s340, but I ended up going air 540. If you're running a 240/280mm front rad and a single gpu the s340 is perfect. But see I am going with 2 970s and a giant air cooler so I needed the airflow. The air 540 will barely fit in the new spot for me :). Cubic is cute though right!

They're in really different price categories.

I'd suppose going the nifty bells and whistles route, Air 540 (disclaimer: I own one) but if you're looking for cheap and subtle looking and plain just works, then S340.

If you intend to go full-blown watercooling on more than one component I would NOT recommend any of the 2 you mentioned. Air 540 for better airflow(I own one) and if you like or don't mind the wider footprint as well as the much higher price compared to the S340. Both would work fine for completely air cooled builds or minor watercooling.

--- My Rig ---
CPU : Intel Core i7 4790K | Motherboard : Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Nepton 280L | RAM : 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3PSU : Corsair AX860i |

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce GTX970 G1 Gaming | Chassis : Corsair Carbide Air 540 | SSD : Samsung 840 Evo 256GBHDD : Seagate NAS 2TB | HDD : Western Digital Caviar Red 4TB |

Optical Drive : Asus 24x DVD-RW | Lighting : NZXT Hue | Monitor : Dell U2515H | Keyboard : Ducky G2 Pro Blue Grey (Full Layout)Mouse : Razer Naga Chroma |

Mouse Mat : Corsair MM300 Anti-Fray Cloth Extended | Speakers : Altec Lansing Octane 7 | Headphones : Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Kingston HyperX Cloud II Pro

Primary mobile device : Galaxy S8 G950FD - Nova Launcher Prime | LG G Watch Urbane (Gold) | Secondary mobile device : PS Vita PCH-1000