Help me with Android?

R_Golden

I'm moving from iOS to Android tomorrow (In the mail). I have no experience with Android besides a cheap LG G Pad that was given to us from Verizon but that uses LG's skin and I have bought an HTC One M8 that uses their Sense 6. I was hoping maybe someone that has an M8 or uses Sense 6 can help me out by answering some questions.

1. What is the easiest way to get free music on my M8, do I need a separate app like I did on iPhone?

2. Do I need an Anti Virus, does it come with one? Or is it not necessary?

3. Can you get new M8 themes or only the preset ones. (I don't mean the home screen picture ;p)

4. What is the best podcast app? :)

Would appreciate the help, thanks. :)

HTC-One-Gun-Metal.jpg

1. You have the standard music app and play music and can put it on the device's memory. You can of course use something like Spotify too

2. Have been using Android for ~1.5 years and never bothered with it. Never found it necessary.

3. You can install custom launchers, if that is what you are asking

4. I have no idea what format podcasts usually are, so some clarification is needed to properly answer

If you have any more questions, be sure to ask them  :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1. Just connect your device to your PC and drag your music to the music folder.

2. not necessary, You can download anti adware/malware apps in the playstore though

3 and 4 i dont know

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Welcome to the best mobile OS.

1. What is the easiest way to get free music on my M8, do I need a separate app like I did on iPhone?

You can use the Play Music App, if you load mp3s on the phone.

2. Do I need an Anti Virus, does it come with one? Or is it not necessary?

Not really, as long as you read the reviews of Apps and don't go to none legit stores you will be fine. 

3. Can you get new M8 themes or only the preset ones. (I don't mean the home screen picture ;p)

Yes sure, there are many in the Playstore, just watch out for legit ones. I like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.launcher

4. What is the best podcast app?

I like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.beyondpod But is also depends on Personal Taste

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

1. Like the Iphone or a computer you have to use an app/websites like Pandora, Spotify, I <3 Radio, etc.

2. I would recommend one, Avast is free and the full version only adds a few features that aren't really needed.

3. I don't know, never been a fan of skinned Android so I've never used the crap (IMO) manufacturers skinned Android on any phone.

4. Really depends on personal taste but Google should turn up a few of the most popular.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

1. pirate

2. no

3. custom launchers?

1. pirate

2. no

3. custom launchers?

lol, best short answer. 1 is the best :D

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I don't mean custom launchers (As far as I know lol) In the personalize menu there are themes, they change the accent colors in the menus and other stuff like that, the Xperia Z3 has something similar, you can download Z3 skins, was wondering if you could do the same with the M8. Thanks for the answers guys :)

I don't mean custom launchers (As far as I know lol) In the personalize menu there are themes, they change the accent colors in the menus and other stuff like that, the Xperia Z3 has something similar, you can download Z3 skins, was wondering if you could do the same with the M8. Thanks for the answers guys :)

yes you can. For Example Iphone theme. 

yes you can. For Example Iphone theme. 

Weird question, not sure if you'll be able to help me here. I checked my amazon order on my email and noticed the phone number I got had the wrong area code 202 (Washington DC) When I live in Rockville MD (240/301) They're fairly close so I don't really see a problem but I can change my number for free when I get my phone, should I?