WD green Problem

Aussie Pawz
Go to solution Solved by SuperSoph_WD,
Hey there, @Aussie Pawz!

As the community already mentioned, you need first to partition and format the HDD before you can actually use it. 

I can suggest to take a look at these couple of guidelines that should help you out with that!

How to partition and format an HDD on Windows: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3865

I hope you find this helpful. Keep us posted if you need further assistance! :)

SuperSoph_WD

Hey internet land

i  got my self a WD10EZRX yesterday and i went to plug it in this morning and windows picked it up  did it's normal thing  on the system tray but when when i went to look in My computer the drive wasn't there

so i checked device manager and it reads it there and in CMDprompt-diskpart-list disk it  reads it to be there.

Is it a DOA?

What should i do??

return it for a replacement or is there something i'm forgetting to do in the installation process?

Did you format the drive in Disk Management yet? Sometimes you need to do that before it's usable.

Hey there, @Aussie Pawz!

As the community already mentioned, you need first to partition and format the HDD before you can actually use it. 

I can suggest to take a look at these couple of guidelines that should help you out with that!

How to partition and format an HDD on Windows: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3865

I hope you find this helpful. Keep us posted if you need further assistance! :)

SuperSoph_WD

I hope I can help with any storage issues that you may have!  ;)