Motorbikes

Mac

Someone mentioned Akrapovič? Looks like they really made a name for themselves, one of the few Slovenian companies to do so. Good to see moto enthusiasts know the name!

Can't beat Akrapovič, Arrow and Toce! :)

Looks biriful. Sat on one though for a few minutes and my wrists were aching.

How tall are you?

Also, please don't take this the wrong way but are you considering a Gixxer 600 for a first bike? O.o

Can't beat Akrapovič, Arrow and Toce! :)

How tall are you?

Also, please don't take this the wrong way but are you considering a Gixxer 600 for a first bike? O.o

5'11" The bike only goes as fast as you roll the throttle. If you exercise self control I don't see a problem imo. Sure the power is tempting but if you think the consequences of eating pavement through it's no longer a temptation.

A Ninja 300 is very tempting since it's rather cheap brand new and insurance is too considering it would be a brand new bike but I know I'll outgrow it and want to sell it next season.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

5'11" The bike only goes as fast as you roll the throttle. If you exercise self control I don't see a problem imo. Sure the power is tempting but if you think the consequences of eating pavement through it's no longer a temptation. A Ninja 300 is very tempting since it's rather cheap brand new and insurance is too considering it would be a brand new bike but I know I'll outgrow it and want to sell it next season.

Surprised at the discomfort on the YZF R125, you seem to be the perfect height for it... I'm 5'8" and find it okay.

It's pretty much a rocket under your ass. They're simply race bikes with lights.

I'm not doubting your skill, but I know from personal experience with my first, Chinese piece of crap bike, you WILL make errors. Luckily for me, I didn't have any significant power at hand to cause myself or the bike much damage.

When my Dad was quite a bit younger, his friend got an R1 for his birthday, passed his test the same day, and was dead within 24 hours.

I ride a DRZ400 at home and feel as though it's enough power, and that puts out less than 40bhp. Can't imagine what a 125bhp monster would be like, although I'd like to find out one day :D

Get the 300, outgrow it and potentially sell it at a loss, then buy the 600. Much better than not being here to ride it :)

Surprised at the discomfort on the YZF R125, you seem to be the perfect height for it... I'm 5'8" and find it okay.

It's pretty much a rocket under your ass. They're simply race bikes with lights.

I'm not doubting your skill, but I know from personal experience with my first, Chinese piece of crap bike, you WILL make errors. Luckily for me, I didn't have any significant power at hand to cause myself or the bike much damage.

When my Dad was quite a bit younger, his friend got an R1 for his birthday, passed his test the same day, and was dead within 24 hours.

I ride a DRZ400 at home and feel as though it's enough power, and that puts out less than 40bhp. Can't imagine what a 125bhp monster would be like, although I'd like to find out one day :D

Get the 300, outgrow it and potentially sell it at a loss, then buy the 600. Much better than not being here to ride it :)

It's definitely a serious consideration. I didn't want a 250 because I was concerned with power and passing on highways but the 300 seems like a good balance.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

It's definitely a serious consideration. I didn't want a 250 because I was concerned with power and passing on highways but the 300 seems like a good balance.

The ninja 250 has a top speed of 100 mph which is more than enough for highways and overtaking. plus the 300 only makes 5 more bhp at the wheel so if you were looking for a bike in that cc range you are much better off getting a used, cheaper 250.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

The ninja 250 has a top speed of 100 mph which is more than enough for highways and overtaking. plus the 300 only makes 5 more bhp at the wheel so if you were looking for a bike in that cc range you are much better off getting a used, cheaper 250.

The 300 also has many other improvements over the 250 which make it worth the extra, IMO. Will list a few on my break later if you're interested.

The 300 also has many other improvements over the 250 which make it worth the extra, IMO. Will list a few on my break later if you're interested.

well yeah it has other features like ecu mapped fuel injection rather than carburetors, better clutch and better stock tyres but if you're just looking for a cheap bike first bike that you're going to ditch in a year, the 250 is the way to go in my opinion.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

well yeah it has other features like ecu mapped fuel injection rather than carburetors, better clutch and better stock tyres but if you're just looking for a cheap bike first bike that you're going to ditch in a year, the 250 is the way to go in my opinion.

True! Pretty much listed everything I could think of :P

Not sure of the price difference over in the States

I'm thinking of getting the CBR500 when I'm 19, fits the licence restriction perfectly.

Or I could get a ZXR400 and 'limit' it from 63bhp

I'm thinking of getting the CBR500 when I'm 19, fits the licence restriction perfectly.

Or I could get a ZXR400 and 'limit' it from 63bhp

An SV650s is a very good bike if you are looking for a bigger bike to restrict down.

An SV650s is a very good bike if you are looking for a bigger bike to restrict down.

By 'limit' I meant I actually wouldn't but if anyone asked I would say I had.

Only looking at supersports and the ZXR is a beaut if it's modernised properly.

I hope Kawasaki bring out a new 400/500cc bike in the UK before I'm old enough to get one.

3104c9b49e977ee82b68f67a2824130fb16f00e1

Just saw this one in the new top gear holiday movie special thing, The ducati diavel dark.
Now im cursing every single minute of winter here in sweden! I want to get my license nao! So im prepaired for the day i can buy this thing.
I'll probably start out on a 400cc enduro though. Since i am still very familiar with dirtbikes... and i live in banjo country..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just saw this one in the new top gear holiday movie special thing, The ducati diavel dark.

Now im cursing every single minute of winter here in sweden! I want to get my license nao! So im prepaired for the day i can buy this thing.

I'll probably start out on a 400cc enduro though. Since i am still very familiar with dirtbikes... and i live in banjo country..

i look at the diavel and i really love it, i look away, look back and i hate it.

i look at the diavel and i really love it, i look away, look back and i hate it.

which means it's perfect^^ I'll only filter past people once :P

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It's a CBR...

*facepalms self*

I'm on mobile so the picture isn't that great lol. Those two bikes from afar look nearly identical

*facepalms self* I'm on mobile so the picture isn't that great lol. Those two bikes from afar look nearly identical

Haha quite alright, i make mistakes from my phone on this forum all the time and ive only been here a month.

Now an owner of one of these...

33b4da55effbf3c896e459f4138ec3fb.png

Can you ride it yet or aren't you 17 yet?