what can i do with a nvidia 9500 gt

DjBeast2990

Book end.

My Rig!

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D, Mobo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming, CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K (OC'd to 4.2Ghz), RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400Mhz, GFX: 2 x Gigabyte GTX770 OC Windforce in SLI, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i with Corsair SP120 Quiet edition fans, SSD: 2 x 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro in Raid 0, Storage: 2Tb WD Caviar Black, PSU: Corsair AX760i, Monitor: Benq XL2024T Keyboard: Corsair K70, Mouse: Razer Taipan

Play solitaire.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

how good it will be for physics? i have one 9400 gt lying around but i think it will perform poorly 

how good it will be for physics? i have one 9400 gt lying around but i think it will perform poorly

If you are using a single card or primary card for d3 performance then a dedicated physx card might give you substantial little performance with applications enhanced with physx. Maybe also more cudas.

Here is a thread of an overview.

http://www.overclock.net/t/914370/the-physx-benchmarking-thread

Dude that was the sh*t back then

loads of power, reasonably price, basically like a GTX970 today

Loved mine :)

No it's a carp card. The 970 of the day would have been the 9800GT

For practical purposes it can be used as a backup when diagnosing problems. An alternative would be putting it in a microwave... for science.

Why would it get so hot? Did you take the cooler off or something? Its only got a lower TDP than a 750 Ti.

TDP means nothing. 

Manufacturing process and how it is used. 

Although that's what i think anyway. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

No it's a carp card. The 970 of the day would have been the 9800GT

not really

9600 and 9800 GT was released in february

Then in march the 9800 GTX and GX2, basically like 980Ti or 990.. but maybe the 7x0 seres would be better

Anyway, theye were 100% rebadged from last gen

not really

9600 and 9800 GT was released in february

Then in march the 9800 GTX and GX2, basically like 980Ti or 990.. but maybe the 7x0 seres would be better

Anyway, theye were 100% rebadged from last gen

9800 GTX+ would have been the ti. 8800/9800 GTX = GTX 980 and 9800GT and 8800GTS = 970. At any rate the 9xxx/8xxx series nvidia cards sucked I should know as i owned them all at one point.

TDP means nothing. 

Manufacturing process and how it is used. 

Although that's what i think anyway. 

I don't think that makes sense. The manufacturing process and usage scenario are factors in what the TDP of the component ends up being. Its used to design the cooling systems for components, so TDP certainly needs to be mean something.

9800 GTX+ would have been the ti. 8800/9800 GTX = GTX 980 and 9800GT and 8800GTS = 970. At any rate the 9xxx/8xxx series nvidia cards sucked I should know as i owned them all at one point.

I owned the  9600 GT and for me at that time it was the best :(

No parctical reasons or benchmarks :(

I owned the  9600 GT and for me at that time it was the best :(

No parctical reasons or benchmarks :(

I owned 8800GT , 8800 GTX , 9800 GTX and 9800 GTX+ and all were a disappointment IMHO. That said I did enjoy the performance of the GTX 480.

I owned 8800GT , 8800 GTX , 9800 GTX and 9800 GTX+ and all were a disappointment IMHO. That said I did enjoy the performance of the GTX 480.

The 480 was a disappointment. My 460 SLI setup put it to absolute shame in terms of performance AND cost at the time. 

The 480 was a disappointment. My 460 SLI setup put it to absolute shame in terms of performance AND cost at the time. 

It's normal for 2 mid range cards to be faster than a single high end card. 2x 760s are faster than a 780 etc .

It's normal for 2 mid range cards to be faster than a single high end card. 2x 760s are faster than a 780 etc .

But 2 760's wasn't cheaper than a single 780, while 2 460's were with the 480 (around 100 bucks cheaper).

But 2 760's wasn't cheaper than a single 780, while 2 460's were with the 480 (around 100 bucks cheaper).

So your point ?

The 480 was a fail.

An opinion ... Yours I presume ;-)