M40x or m50s?

Nicolas

So my old headset broke and it's time to get a new one and I was looking at the audio technica ath-M50s, but then I see that a new model came out, the M50x, that costs a lot more, but the m50s are running out of stock already, then I see the M40x, that is cheape and has a detachable cable and stuff, now I wonder is the m40x as good (in terms of sound clarity and flat sound signature) as the m50? if that's the case I'll get the M40x with the detachable cable, if not I'll have to hurry up and get the m50 before they run out.

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

M40x is only slightly worse, but better for the money IMO then M50x if you're not extremely worried about sound quality

"Rawr XD"

M40x is only slightly worse, but better for the money IMO then M50x if you're not extremely worried about sound quality

but sightly worse in what way? worse sound quality? build quality?

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Own the M40x, M50x, and M50. They all sound more or less the same, so buying the cheapest is the smartest.

Own the M40x, M50x, and M50. They all sound more or less the same, so buying the cheapest is the smartest.

Sounds good, thx! :D

Very very slightly less "clear" in a way. Unless you do a direct comparison between the two though you're likely not going to notice a difference. Get the M40x.

"Rawr XD"

Very very slightly less "clear" in a way. Unless you do a direct comparison between the two though you're likely not going to notice a difference. Get the M40x.

Well either way the Srh440 makes for a better headphone once you put nice pads on it (ie 1540 pads) and the 7506 is a better professional headphone. But its all semantics and like everything doesnt matter.