Custom Modded 344.24 WHQL NVIDIA drivers allow DSR feature on all Kepler and Fermi cards

M series driver.....

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

I done that

Try this modded .inf: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8cyx92i5365w0yg/344.24_modded.inf.v2.rar or this one http://www.mediafire.com/download/h8va23vc56suhnx/344.24-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe

Has added support for 500, 600, 700, 900 series. Desktop and Mobile GPU's. Should work fine now.

EDIT: Disable driver signature enforcement if you're on Win8/Win8.1

EDIT 2: To disable driver signature enforcement:

For Win8/8.1 just open an elevated command prompt and type:

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and hit enter, then

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON and hit enter.

Restart computer, install, reboot.

After installing:

bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

Reboot

or 

1) Download these drivers (They already include the modded inf file with the 700 and 600 series) - Driver download link

2) Extract the exe to a folder

3) Go into Display.Driver folder

4)Double click nv_disp.cat

5)click view signature

6)Click view certificate

7)Click install certificate

8)Check local machine then hit next

9)Check "place all certificates in the following store" then click browse

10)Click Trusted Root Certification Authorities and then click OK.

11) Finish it and you should be able to install perfectly fine

Thank you Big Stroonz,

I will wait until the official drivers are released from Nvidia, but I do plan to enable DSR for the 780.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Didn't nvidia say they were going to give support for DSR to 700 series down the road?

It isn't exactly support. This is just downsampling and it can be run on any card and you can do it on old Nvidia cards via custom resolutions. We are also seeing this in new titles built into the game. Shadows of mordor has it (hit the arrow on resolution for 150 percent or 200 percent which is a 4 k downsample). So does Ryse. Here is how you did it on Nvidia before the 9xx came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTszNDyuAhg

I imagine AMD will do the same thing soon. Their cards are actually better at it, due to memory bandwidth and higher resolutions.  My dirt cheap 290 beats a 980 in Ryse super sampled and Mordor super sampled.

For DX 9 games we have also used Gedosato, which is why you see people referring to Durante. Works with new Final Fantasy and Mass Effect's etc. I think this is awesome by Nvidia though. Downsampling has always been a fringe thing and hard to get running for a new PC user. Nvidia making it easily done is pretty cool. AMD needs to release this immediately imo. 

Imo it isn't a feature that should have been sold with a new series, but a feature we should have had available in the drivers for awhile. Not like you can find 9xx's in stock. They don't really need DSR as a selling point, they are selling like hotcakes. I am glad that someone cracked it. Hopefully that lights a fire under AMD's ass and they come out with it on Catalyst soon, so we don't have to use third party programs.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

BiG StroOnZ, on 13 Oct 2014 - 1:17 PM, said:

Try this modded .inf: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8cyx92i5365w0yg/344.24_modded.inf.v2.rar or this one http://www.mediafire.com/download/h8va23vc56suhnx/344.24-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe

Has added support for 500, 600, 700, 900 series. Desktop and Mobile GPU's. Should work fine now.

EDIT: Disable driver signature enforcement if you're on Win8/Win8.1

EDIT 2: To disable driver signature enforcement:

For Win8/8.1 just open an elevated command prompt and type:

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and hit enter, then

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON and hit enter.

Restart computer, install, reboot.

After installing:

bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

Reboot

or 

1) Download these drivers (They already include the modded inf file with the 700 and 600 series) - Driver download link

5)click view signature

6)Click view certificate

I disabled it and it worked. Thanks. 

Some fermi support would be cool. Or it would be funny to watch at least. Has anyone attempted 4K gaming with a GTX 580 before?

I've tried it on a GTX 480.

It's only practical on older games like Dead Space

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I've tried it on a GTX 480.

It's only practical on older games like Dead Space

VRAM/bandwidth comes into play when doing this.  So if you don't have a lot of VRAM it can run like crap. It is practical on any game as long as you have the GPU power and VRAM/bandwidth to cover the 4 k and up resolution. 

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Ryse-PC-259308/Specials/Test-Technik-1138543/

Click on 1.5/2.0 supersampling on the benchmarks. Same thing. Ryse and Shadows of Mordor just have it in the game itself. Like the GTX 770 is as good as the 280x in games but gets killed due to VRAM/Bandwidth.

AMD really needs to release this imo. This is something they have a clear advantage over Nvidia in and Nvidia just made it easy to do. Get on it AMD!

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

With AMD cards you use patch the output clock of the driver to allow higher res, add via CRU utility, then disable GPU scaling (believe it nor not) and its great.

The patching of the output clock has its issues however , like HW acceleration bugs (Greenscreen) in not just decoding but encoding at times.

Until AMD bring out their own method, not many people are gonna attempt to do the above as most think 'It's too much' to do.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

With AMD cards you use patch the output clock of the driver to allow higher res, add via CRU utility, then disable GPU scaling (believe it nor not) and its great.

The patching of the output clock has its issues however , like HW acceleration bugs (Greenscreen) in not just decoding but encoding at times.

Until AMD bring out their own method, not many people are gonna attempt to do the above as most think 'It's too much' to do.

Exactly. Even before this, it was easier to do on Nvidia (custom resolution like Slick showed). If a AMD rep is on LTT? Might want to mention this to that new CEO. You have the best GPU's for this out there. MIGHT WANT TO SHOW THAT OFF and make it easy. :)

This would be minimal expense for a big pay off to show off those video cards that you just dropped in price.

Not working for me, done everything right but just keeps failing to install the graphics driver :S

same here with same GPU

Needs Update

Exactly. Even before this, it was easier to do on Nvidia (custom resolution like Slick showed). If a AMD rep is on LTT? Might want to mention this to that new CEO. You have the best GPU's for this out there. MIGHT WANT TO SHOW THAT OFF and make it easy. :)

This would be minimal expense for a big pay off to show off those video cards that you just dropped in price.

Plus people at 1080p who have a 290, can justify grabbing another without a new monitor.

Like me... and a lot of others, who have ZERO intention of 1440p/4K just yet, but have EXCESS Fps of 80+ in some titles... efficient SuperSampling would be nice, the SS in CCC doesn't always activate and work. (Game dependent I guess)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

just curious, why you need mod driver when you just can downsampling? with this, its much easier and safe. i think.

well that i am using right now. too lazy to mod driver. in case something goes wrong, i need to restore its back. too lazy.

here link

Im SORRY for:-1. My Broken English. 2. "if" posting wrong section. 3. "if" my replay hurt someone. 4. "if" posting already posted before

Because im new to active forum >.< (bow) please kindly guide me thanks

I meant it isn't practical for fermi.

You can downsample on both AMD and Nvidia, it just happens to be easier on Nvidia.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Just used this to get screenshots of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter running on my one 770 @ 4K, only 15fps but hey the screenshots are BEAUTIFUL <3

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Didn't Nvidia say they're adding DSR to Kepler? I'll wait for the official drivers.

But Fermi? ;_;

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I don't like using custom drivers. Oficial drivers are always the most stable. I will wait until Nvidia releases kepler drivers for it. Just sitting with my 680 Classified here.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Luckily Nvidia has confirmed that in future drivers Keppler will have access to DSR.  So just wait for a beta driver soonish or something~

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

No idea why it locks you out of editing your custom resolutions when you have DSR enabled. Still though, this works pretty well, way more convenient that setting up your own downsampling. Too bad it doesn't go higher than 5120x2880 for me :'(

Not really at all their performance is nearly identical:

The 970 Strix is 1x 8Pin Vs the stock 2x 6 Pin, and most 970s are 1x8 + 1x6 Pin. Your likely to get better overclocks out of other cards that allow more power. 

windows 8.1 pro 64bit

You have to disable driver signature enforcement if you're on Win8 or Win8.1.

Instructions for disabling driver signature enforcement:

5)Click view signature

6)Click view certificate

The 970 Strix is 1x 8Pin Vs the stock 2x 6 Pin, and most 970s are 1x8 + 1x6 Pin. Your likely to get better overclocks out of other cards that allow more power. 

Average overclock for these cards is still around 1450MHz to 1550MHz. Most people aren't getting better than that. The 970 in that video was hovering around 1400-1450MHz. So doesn't look like it was limited by power.