First Overclock: 4.5Ghz 1.21V 4690K, do my temps look good? [Aida64]

dreamking
Go to solution Solved by Wtalk2,

Looks good to me :D Those are really worst case scenario temps, in real-world heavy use your temps probably won't even break 70C but if that's as good as you can get it then keep it :)

PS: I would suggest running a CPU stress test for about 24 Hours just to make sure everything is rock solid :)

Hi, title says most of it. Image explains it:

1McNTk9J.png

First time overclocking, after a couple of tries I found something stable that didn't make the cpu about to melt. 1.21 Vcore 4.5 Ghz, VRIN is set to auto, turbo boost disabled.

Other system info: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H mobo,  Hyper Evo 212 cooler

I did attempt to use the easy tune overclock presets and proceeded to completely uninstall every single gigabyte software besides the bios update software after I saw how terrible it was.

These temperatures look decent?

look alright to me, wouldn't go any higher though. 80c is my limit.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Looks good to me :D Those are really worst case scenario temps, in real-world heavy use your temps probably won't even break 70C but if that's as good as you can get it then keep it :)

PS: I would suggest running a CPU stress test for about 24 Hours just to make sure everything is rock solid :)

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Yes, 4.5Ghz is the most I can do. 4.6Ghz gives me a blue screen a few seconds after booting successfully.

Yes, 4.5Ghz is the most I can do. 4.6Ghz gives me a blue screen a few seconds after booting successfully.

4.5GHz is still a great overclock :D Great job for your first time :)

PS: Welcome to the LTT Community, message me anytime if you need any help!! :)

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Looks fantastic!

Thank you  :)

4.5GHz is still a great overclock :D Great job for your first time :)

PS: Welcome to the LTT Community, message me anytime if you need any help!! :)

Will do  :D

Thanks, all. 

Looks fine and dandy to me. Personally I'd run a 24hr test though, I have had a test fail at the 14hr mark.

Don't worry about temps- gaming is going to get no where near that utilization

TekSyndicate Forum Moderator: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/users/njm1112

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

Personally I don't run 24 hours stress tests.

They are ok but usually trying to render a video gives me a better idea about the stability of my overclock.

Sometimes I can run a stress test for hours and then I try to render a video in Vegas and boom, blue screen.

So yeah.

You could try that.

Personally I don't run 24 hours stress tests.

They are ok but usually trying to render a video gives me a better idea about the stability of my overclock.

Sometimes I can run a stress test for hours and then I try to render a video in Vegas and boom, blue screen.

So yeah.

You could try that.

Alright, I can try that first. I use the SVP interpolation software for 120fps video rendering at up to 1080p on my 120hz monitor, so should be a good indication.