Halo: Spartan Assault coming to Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8

"Available this July for $6.99 ERP only on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, “Halo: Spartan Assault” is the first top-down action shooter that brings a “Halo” video game to touch-based devices. Developed by 343 Industries in conjunction with Vanguard Games, “Halo: Spartan Assault” provides an accessible, pick-up-and-play experience for fans and newcomers alike."

Source: http://majornelson.com/2013/06/04/halo-spartan-assault-coming-to-windows-8-and-windows-phone-8/

I think Halo for touch is an interesting idea. I have to say, it is nice to see Microsoft giving their own platforms something nice before handing it over to the competition (see: Photosynth). It's even nicer to see such a huge name coming exclusively to Windows Phone before iOS and Android.

Milk milk milk milk

g1EoL03.jpg

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

And let me gues, you can buy weapons and things like armor parts as microtransasctions?

Milk milk milk milk

g1EoL03.jpg

Oh look, something that I'm NOT going to buy.

Really? A touch Halo game? MOST PEOPLE WHO EVEN USE WINDOWS 8 DON'T HAVE TOUCH MONITORS.

Fucking idiots. Really makes me pissed off that they are pulling a Halo 2 again. When Steam is stable and has most games on Linux working, I'm switching, forever.

If they just remake Halo 3 or a real Halo game for pc that would be great.

That is still a possibility since this is not the recently leaked/confirmed Halo Bootcamp with is either a Halo 3 port and PC Halo third person shooter.

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

This is going to be Legen.........Wait for it........Dary!    Well probably not but if it's canon, I'm not sure I would want to avoid it.  

I do have a Surface RT (hope it works) and want a WP8 so it'd work for me.

To the above posters, I think a Halo 2 remake would be far more attractive.

Oh look, something that I'm NOT going to buy.

Really? A touch Halo game? MOST PEOPLE WHO EVEN USE WINDOWS 8 DON'T HAVE TOUCH MONITORS.

Fucking idiots. Really makes me pissed off that they are pulling a Halo 2 again. When Steam is stable and has most games on Linux working, I'm switching, forever.

You can use keyboard/mouse too.

You can use keyboard/mouse too.

That's not the point, they are making it Windows 8 only, but it's going to be touch centric. I wouldn't be complaining if it was for Windows 7 also.

That's not the point, they are making it Windows 8 only, but it's going to be touch centric. I wouldn't be complaining if it was for Windows 7 also.

hsa-menu-02.jpg

Well, it's probably written as a Metro app, so whatever.

hsa-menu-02.jpg

Well, it's probably written as a Metro app, so whatever.

Yeah they are pulling a Windows Vista/Halo 2 again. I get it, you can use a keyboard and mouse, I don't care about that, I care about the forcing of Windows 8.

Yeah they are pulling a Windows Vista/Halo 2 again. I get it, you can use a keyboard and mouse, I don't care about that, I care about the forcing of Windows 8.

Hrm I understand the Vista thing, since it was a regular game and therefore would make sense that it could run in XP (which it could with some hacks), but this is going to be a Windows 8 app. Windows 8 apps do not work in Windows 7. At all.

Hrm I understand the Vista thing, since it was a regular game and therefore would make sense that it could run in XP (which it could with some hacks), but this is going to be a Windows 8 app. Windows 8 apps do not work in Windows 7. At all.

Your point? They are forcing Windows 8, no one is going to upgrade from Windows 7 just for a touch based game. I can see this is vastly different than Halo 2, but they are excluding their own OS, they are excluding sales because of their own ignorance.

I am a BIG Halo fan and for this game to be touch centric makes me not want to buy it nor want to "upgrade" from Windows 7. They are milking the Halo franchise and Windows 8. I understand that the game is a "Metro App", but that doesn't mean they can't make it a "game" and sell it on the Steam store for $10.

I Love Halo but this is stupid. Dont tease us with crap. Make Halo for PC or just Xbox. None of this nonesense.
Top down, touch, are you serious?

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

I Love Halo but this is stupid. Dont tease us with crap. Make Halo for PC or just Xbox. None of this nonesense.

Top down, touch, are you serious?

Reminds me a bit of Halo Wars.

I wish they'd be smart enough to put it on other ARM devices...

Reminds me a bit of Halo Wars.

Yup. At least they did an ok job with it.

If theyre going to make a game to milk the franchise I just hope they at least do as good a job.

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

H3 Remake would be nice..

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

H3 Remake would be nice..

Or continue the Anniversary games with H2. :\

The first Halo game was amazing, I played a few of the others but honestly... This franchise is kind of played out.

Let's get something new goin, M$

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-