EVGA shows m-ITX Hadron case, smaller than Prodigy-size

this isn t slightly smaller it s about 1/2 the size of the prodigy from the looks of it.

with its 33l volume the prodigy is huge for itx,

the minibox is about 2 in bigger than a mitx mobo on each side and it s only as wide as a gpu.

for reference the case has 2 92mm top fans and a 80mm psu fan, no wasted space here

(as opposed to the prodigy)

i d guess the minibox is 12in x 12in x 7in or 1000 cubic in (16 liters) maximum it probably is way less. (conservative estimate)

this is definately a space efficient air cooling case.

evga will come up with a bigger watercooling case later.

where are the intake fans? o.O

WILL BUY !!!!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

no wasted space here

(as opposed to the prodigy)

What's with the bitter Prodigy bashing. A Prodigy fits 2 double watercooling rads and if your GPU is short (like a 670) you can fit 6 HDDs and 2 SSDs in it, plus it is a style phenomenon already with a huge following. There's no wasted space in a Prodigy, and the marketplace needs a mini-ITX case with those options. It also needs more cases with horizontal motherboard orientation, which is fantastic for both GPUs and CPU coolers.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

What's with the bitter Prodigy bashing. A Prodigy fits 2 double watercooling rads and if your GPU is short (like a 670) you can fit 6 HDDs and 2 SSDs in it, plus it is a style phenomenon already with a huge following. There's no wasted space in a Prodigy, and the marketplace needs a mini-ITX case with those options. It also needs more cases with horizontal motherboard orientation, which is fantastic for both GPUs and CPU coolers.

I didn t mean it as a way to bash the prodigy, I was just trying to distinguish both cases as mush as possible.

Both case have good points but very different purposes.

Both case can hold mitx mobo but that is where similarities end.

The evga thing is made to be as small as possible while the prodigy is made to fit as much stuff as possible in it

The prodigy is big

The evga thing is small

You can fit lots in the prodigy

You can fit about nothing in the evga (except a gpu and 2 2.5'' hdd)

You can watercool the prodigy

You can t watercool the evga thing

Both cases have a purpose

To me beeing small is a major part of what makes a mitx rig interesting, I understand some people think otherwise.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

where are the intake fans? o.O

Either the 2 top 120mm fans are intake or it is a negative air pressure design and all the intake is done through a grill of something

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

This is a sexy case.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I dont like that button, seems out of place.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

the panel gaps look way too wide...

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Mh I like the look of the Prodigy better, but what they did improve over the prodigy is the lack of the Drive bay at the front, it just ruins the overall look ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

• 1 month later...

So i was on Gamescom 2013 this week in Cologne and i saw this case. EVGA just showed this case and i am really amazed how much space there is in that case. At first i saw EVGA's GTX780 in that case and it fits just fine. Also, i believe there is another EVGA mITX motherboard for the 1150 socket. The Name of the case is EVGA HADRON. It's gonna be released next month. Also they say there is gonna be a watercooling capable version of that case with more space for a rad.

500W PSU 80+ Gold / 42A on 12V rail

Slim DVD drive compatible

2x 2,5" hard drives

2x 3,5" hard drives / SSD's

mini ITX boards compatible

http://www.pc-max.de/news/gehaeuse/gamescom-2013-evga-hadron-mini-itx-case-fuer-fullsize-grafikkarten

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Mainboard-Hardware-154107/News/EVGA-auf-der-Gamescom-1084501/

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

I would like to see evga enter the case world.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

It's like a mini-350D!  I like it :D

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Obvious anagram: the eVGA Hard-on.

When I read the description I read it as that lol.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Where are the specs? where is the name of it? That post is just a leak.

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

Merged

Where are the specs? where is the name of it? That post is just a leak.

I added your additional details to the OP and credited you. If there is already a thread about a product in tech news, you could always PM the person with that thread to have the new details added to it.

why was this merged with a dead thread ?

Threads with an activity gap of 1 month or greater that are brought back to the front page is considered "thread necroing

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I want one!

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Its looks really boss

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715