Sell or don't sell?

A friend of mine want's to buy my laptop. It's one of these huge, heavy and somewhat powerful asus rog gaming notebooks. It's 3 years old and got it from Ebay for around 400€ (~500$). Also I put a Samsung 840 Evo SSD 60gb in it.

He wants to give me 500€ (~620$) for it.

At first this looks like a solid deal, but I need a laptop for school and this one seems to be pretty good for that, since I can type pretty well on it and you can do a lot on a 17.3inch screen. On the other side it is a pain  in the ass to get make it fit into my schoolbag.

What I wanted to ask is if I should sell it and if I do so what ultrabook to get.

I thought of a Surface Pro 3, but it's quite pricey. For nearly the same price I could get a Macbook Air 11inch. The Surface Pro 2 is even more expensive and the Surface 2 doesn't have Windows 8.1.

Are there any other ultrabooks that have Windows 7/8.1 and don't cost more than 600€ (~780$)?

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

If I was you keep it, if your used to it helps a lot.if you want a thinner laptop with still good performance check out the Razer blade pro 17 (it is quite pricey but is extremely lite and thin)

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

If I was you keep it, if your used to it helps a lot.if you want a thinner laptop with still good performance check out the Razer blade pro 17 (it is quite pricey but is extremely lite and thin)

I don't think he's looking specifically for a gaming notebook, more one for school.

What about this?

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX54171

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

If you're not doing heavy work and you prefer playing at home. sell it. Add $150-$200 in the future and buy a slim one, just for easy work, battery life and style.

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

I don't think he's looking specifically for a gaming notebook, more one for school.

Well than if you still want something thin consider a Mac book they are reasonably light and thin

First of all, any Windows 8 PC can be updated to 8.1.

Meaning, the Surface 2 has Windows 8.1.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Well than if you still want something thin consider a Mac book they are reasonably light and thin

But those are still pretty expensive, OP is looking for something under 780$ US if I understand correctly.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

But those are still pretty expensive, OP is looking for something under 780$ US if I understand correctly.

Ok thx I look for some thing else than

Ok thx I look for some thing else than

No. Depends an where you look. We are not talking about a $1200 flagship ultrabook here.

First of all, any Windows 8 PC can be updated to 8.1.

Meaning, the Surface 2 has Windows 8.1.

It doesn't have W8.1, it has W8.1RT. You can't install Programms on it.

How does Win8.1 perform on the ceapest macbook air? I heard you can get pretty good discounts on them as a student, so I could look into one of them.

It doesn't have W8.1, it has W8.1RT. You can't install Programms on it.

Because it's not a PC OS. It's a Tablet. 

You should expect that.

A friend of mine want's to buy my laptop. It's one of these huge, heavy and somewhat powerful asus rog gaming notebooks. It's 3 years old and got it from Ebay for around 400€ (~500$). Also I put a Samsung 840 Evo SSD 60gb in it.

He wants to give me 500€ (~620$) for it.

At first this looks like a solid deal, but I need a laptop for school and this one seems to be pretty good for that, since I can type pretty well on it and you can do a lot on a 17.3inch screen. On the other side it is a pain  in the ass to get make it fit into my schoolbag.

What I wanted to ask is if I should sell it and if I do so what ultrabook to get.

I thought of a Surface Pro 3, but it's quite pricey. For nearly the same price I could get a Macbook Air 11inch. The Surface Pro 2 is even more expensive and the Surface 2 doesn't have Windows 8.1.

Are there any other ultrabooks that have Windows 7/8.1 and don't cost more than 600€ (~780$)?

I'd sell it any buy a good laptop 2nd hand.