Can you get RAW on Nikon

So the canon EOS series has magic Lantern and that give you the shooting in RAW capability. Is there a similar thing for the Nikon side? I have a D3200 and i know the T3i has it which is a equal camera to the d3200. and suggestions?

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

Speakers: Logitech Z906 and Astro A40's   Keyboard: Logitech G510

Yes, Nikon shoots .NEF which is their version of RAW and just as well supported by Photoshop and the like.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Another thing: you don't need Magic Lantern to shoot RAW (at least not for pictures)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I know you can shoot raw pictures i look for RAW video

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

Speakers: Logitech Z906 and Astro A40's   Keyboard: Logitech G510

I know you can shoot raw pictures i look for RAW video

On the Nikon no. The most you can get is uncompressed HDMI output on their higher end DSLRs (e.g. D800)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

You can't shoot RAW video onto a memory card, they just don't have the ability to be written to fast enough.

Alot of Nikons higher end cameras ($700+) can output RAW video via HDMI though. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

So the canon EOS series has magic Lantern and that give you the shooting in RAW capability. Is there a similar thing for the Nikon side? I have a D3200 and i know the T3i has it which is a equal camera to the d3200. and suggestions?

I have a T3i. Magic lantern is a preset to use when shooting video. It drops the contrast which allows for easier colour correction, but is NOT raw. Raw video is only available in very high end cameras (RED scarlet/epic/one, black magic, phantom hd, etc...)

Raw photo is available in nearly all cameras now. I cant be sure as i have never used it but im 99% sure that the nikon will have it