Powerline

Jebonia

I'm looking at getting powerline (tp-link av500 kit) as i'm moving into a brand new 2 story house. The house isn't that large, it fits in a 14mx30m lot. It has the NBN which is 100/40 mbps. How much could i expect through power line? And can i run more than 1 powerline in a house?

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

Yes you can run more than one powerline, all it takes is one connected to a router or switch or whatever it is you use for connecting other devices via ethernet, then the rest synced to it and connected to other devices.

The speed loss will not be significant, probably around 10% tops.

Keep in mind appliances such as refrigerators and microwaves will cause interference with the powerline network, so plug the adapters in a ways away from those types of appliances.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

You can have numerous of them in a home, but I have to ask what you plan on using it for?

I have the old Cisco PLE400 from years ago when I just needed a connection through some thick walls.  Performance isn't anything spectacular, bandwidth is alright but latency took a notable hit.  I was actually so disappointed with powerline that I stopped using it.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

You can have numerous of them in a home, but I have to ask what you plan on using it for?

I have the old Cisco PLE400 from years ago when I just needed a connection through some thick walls.  Performance isn't anything spectacular, bandwidth is alright but latency took a notable hit.  I was actually so disappointed with powerline that I stopped using it.

I heard that newer powerlines work alot better. How old was it?

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Windows 8 64bit

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

I heard that newer powerlines work alot better. How old was it?

They've gotten faster, but they can't really do anything about the latency.

Got mine a year or so ago.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

To figure out speeds you'll just have to try it as it all depends on the wiring of the house and the load going through it.

I have I believe tp-link 500mbps ones with a 1gbps port on them (important to check that).

To figure out speeds you'll just have to try it as it all depends on the wiring of the house and the load going through it.

For the most part, this.  Speeds shouldn't have too much of an impact based on the homes wiring but the homes wiring definitely effects the ping/latency.  Whenever possible, don't use the same circuit as other high powered devices (TVs, Refrigerators, ovens, microwaves, etc).

For the most part, this.  Speeds shouldn't have too much of an impact based on the homes wiring but the homes wiring definitely effects the ping/latency.  Whenever possible, don't use the same circuit as other high powered devices (TVs, Refrigerators, ovens, microwaves, etc).

Stupid marketing guy from newegg haha. 

Anyway thanks for  the help all

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Windows 8 64bit

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

For the most part, this. Speeds shouldn't have too much of an impact based on the homes wiring but the homes wiring definitely effects the ping/latency. Whenever possible, don't use the same circuit as other high powered devices (TVs, Refrigerators, ovens, microwaves, etc).

Well the farther apart they are the worse the speeds will be because of more wiring.