Most Overpriced Tech?

CaptainKoda

Asus.

Kinda I use there products mainly for aesthetics yet I found a maximus vii hero for $148 which wasn't overpriced so I say for them you just have to search more. Also loving there N65u wi-fi super fast

Kinda I use there products mainly for aesthetics yet I found a maximus vii hero for $148 which wasn't overpriced so I say for them you just have to search more. Also loving there N65u wi-fi super fast

Their retail prices are too high on most stuff. They make some good high-end stuff, but their low-end to mid-range products and their GPUs are subpar quality that you get from competitors for the same price. Kinda like Apple in that regard :P The Mac Pro is good, but overpriced and their other, more affordable products are inferior to competitor's similar priced offerings

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

Actually the titan GPUs are very well priced. They work really well for physics simulations and particle physics, as well as tessellation and double precision. They are far cheaper than a quadro and tesla, and even outperform those cards in certain situations.

Titans outperform Quadros and Teslas in all situations.  So far all Titans have used the same GPU as that generation's Quadro x6000 and Tesla x40, but clocked higher than either.  The reason Titans are cheaper is that they use GeForce drivers, which see practically 0 compatibility and stability checking (relatively to professional drivers).  If you have an issue with a GeForce/Radeon, NVIDIA/AMD "will look into".  If you have an issue with a professional card, NVIDIA/AMD will stay on the phone with you until the problem is solved, and there may be some reimbursement involved.

Any prebuilt (Especially big brand) PC.

This^^ Anything from like ibuypower or cyberpowerpc

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Alienware, Lenovo Monitors, Apple Watch Edition, Apple MacBook (USB-C), Monster Cable, Light Harmonics, AudioQuest, Comcast, Wireless CMDA/GSM Network Connections, iPads, Nexus 9, iPhones, S# phones, Xbox One, PS4, Titan Z, DDR4, AT&T, Senheiser 800, Audio Boards, BeagleBone Black, Any tech in Australia / Europe, High Quality Internet in Canada, Windows, and any case above $120 from Corsair.

what about that unidirectionnal ethernet cable linus ranted about on tha wan show a while ago

Beats, Alienware, Apple, 

My PC/ CPU: Intel i5-4690k with ColerMaster Hyper Evo 212 / Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / OS: Windows8.1 / RAM: G.Skill Ares Series 2x4 1600Mhz / Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM Optical Drive: ASUS 24B1ST / Network: TP-Link WN881ND /////////////////////////// If I fail to respond to your questions, please message me! Thank you

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

that 1000 dollar mp3 player  forget what its called

but probably most overpriced ever

that 1000 dollar mp3 player  forget what its called

but probably most overpriced ever

Pongo player you mean?

I'm still rocking a zune That i bought for 50 bucks :)

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Before the Apple flame war starts, I honestly think Gigabyte's G1 GTX 970, EVGA's Z97 motherboards and Intel's SSDs are.

But but but, I have that 970. I bought it for $350 US which I thought was fair.

But but but, I have that 970. I bought it for $350 US which I thought was fair.

I wrote that comment a long time ago, I disagree with my comment now as prices have changed. $350 is pretty much normal now for the G1.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

Im gonna say my razer ouroboros. I love it, but i admit it was overpriced as heck when i bought and im not going to pretend that.

Also iphone 6 plus i wanted one but it price was utterly ludicrous so screw that.

Aguably mechanic keyboards that cost more than 2/3s of intel cpus.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

all mech keyboards, all razer products, DDR4, SSD, Latest and greatest i7  8 core, all good zeons, this years mobile phones (compare to ziaomi note pro), all headsets, senheiser headphones, Rumbuliion rum....

Beats, Alienware, Apple laptops

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

all mech keyboards, all razer products, DDR4, SSD, Latest and greatest i7  8 core, all good zeons, this years mobile phones (compare to ziaomi note pro), all headsets, senheiser headphones, Rumbuliion rum....

I disagree with xeons on the list due to the market their made for and how well they are tested.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I disagree with xeons on the list due to the market their made for and how well they are tested.

If we were in a place where intel / zeon had real competition in the starship enterprise market, we would be way ahead of where we are now..... but then again we could say that about everything.

Honestly, I think i3 cpu's should be a little cheaper.

Spoiler

CPU:FX 8350 4.4 ghz (Upgrading to a 6700k!).Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R 2.0 (Upgrading to a Z170 Pro4!).GPU: Sapphire R9 290 (Arctic Cooler).RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3 (Upgrading to 16gb ddr4 2400mhz!) PSU: Cooler Master B700. HDD: 120gb Hyper X Fury SSD, 500gb 5400rpm Caviar Blue Cooling: Hyper 212 (Switiching out with a Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim for new build) 2x stock case fans.
Future Upgrades: h100i cooler, corsair sp120 fans, 1080p monitor, AMD->Intel CPU Switch

I know they dont sell these anymore but.

i7 3960x/3970x/4960x when new?.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

But Windows is still not $20 or less meaning that it's still overpriced. It's pirated a LOT for a reason. Linux is free. OSX is free with upgrades and $20 for an install disc without any of the product key BS. Microsoft needs to get their sh*t together.

Something people might not know, is that the default Windows in English is more expensive in non-English speaking countries than the translated version that had a whole localizing team working on it. Now, while in Windows 8 you can switch between display language and system and whatnot (though they still try to charge you the extra 30 euros for the English version), Windows 7 and past couldn't unless you paid a lot more for the Ultimate edition that has all the languages you will never need.