Most Overpriced Tech?

CaptainKoda

Anything Apple, Alienware, Republic of Gamers (I forgive them for it, though), Razer, pre-built PCs

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Buying anything tech related at Sim Lim in Singapore

Was that the place linus went tech shopping in Singapore?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Membrane keyboards.

On what basis?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

So this supposedly "prossional" phone car charger (for all those people who charge phones with their car as a profession) costs $9.99 in the white version, but over $10,000 in the black version. Yeah, makes sense.

Dell RAM upgrades, $100 AUD for 1 4gb 1600mhz DIMM? ISHYGDDT

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

He really likes Apple. :ph34r:

His signature says he is the biggest Apple Fanboy....

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

THAT'S THE POINT.

It's there so when you reset your iPhone, your backup is there waiting - or all your documents are all saved automatically between devices, or all your photos are backed up in case they get lost.

OneDrive, Google Photos/Drive, DropBox, Mega, Box, and many others do the same things, except they havent been hacked and have leaked photos.

OneDrive is setup automagicaly on Windows 8 and above and Google Drive is setup on first login.

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

Dell RAM upgrades, $100 AUD for 1 4gb 1600mhz DIMM? ISHYGDDT

Dell server ram upgrades are worse. I saw some of the invoices when I was at Godaddy. 

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

Dell server ram upgrades are worse. I saw some of the invoices when I was at Godaddy. 

Yeah we recently had to buy a whole bunch of BLADES. I'm glad it isn't coming out of my paycheck ( not that it could, my salary isnt half the cost of how many we bought)

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Yeah we recently had to buy a whole bunch of BLADES. I'm glad it isn't coming out of my paycheck ( not that it could, my salary isnt half the cost of how many we bought)

Exactly! Dell has the kinda racket I wish I could get in on. 

In fairness with servers it's premium ram for a reason and tend to includes extended support and fast turnaround. Also fb Ecc ram isn't cheap...

Phone service from any carrier, Microsoft word, Windows, any flagship smartphone.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

I wouldn't mind the salary of the CEO...

In fairness with servers it's premium ram for a reason and tend to includes extended support and fast turnaround. Also fb Ecc ram isn't cheap...

I'm talking just standard desktop RAM, Non-ECC 1600mhz 4gb DIMM with pretty shitty timings.

Server stuff I can understand perfectly, although still very expensive

I understand that, I worked in GD's DCs. We had Acres of Servers of all types of makes and sizes. However the Dell Stuff was WAY more expensive than any other Ram we had to buy. 

The Beats Wireless 2 headphones. Worst investment ever.

OneDrive, Google Photos/Drive, DropBox, Mega, Box, and many others do the same things, except they havent been hacked and have leaked photos.

OneDrive is setup automagicaly on Windows 8 and above and Google Drive is setup on first login.

However, iCloud backs up everything, so if you get a new phone, the restore dumps everything back the exact way it was before, down the the settings and game saves. Android backs up individual bits and pieces, and restoring still requires some manual tweaking to get 100% back to how things were.

OneDrive is the same, it's just like Dropbox - AFAIK, Windows doesn't have a full cloud backup, though I'm sure it has some individual photo/contact services like Android.

As usual, where Apple provides 100% of the service, people come whining from other platforms about how their methods that take longer and aren't as complete are still better than Apple. There's a difference between manually copying just photos to a service, and having a legit full copy of your system state in the cloud, available at any time so you never have to worry about setting up a phone again.

As for the hacks, everyone's been hacked. Wasn't it just recently Dropbox had everyone change their passwords? And it says something that all the celebrity accounts are with iOS anyway... And Apple's beefed up security a good amount since then.

However, iCloud backs up everything, so if you get a new phone, the restore dumps everything back the exact way it was before, down the the settings and game saves. Android backs up individual bits and pieces, and restoring still requires some manual tweaking to get 100% back to how things were.

OneDrive is the same, it's just like Dropbox - AFAIK, Windows doesn't have a full cloud backup, though I'm sure it has some individual photo/contact services like Android.

As usual, where Apple provides 100% of the service, people come whining from other platforms about how their methods that take longer and aren't as complete are still better than Apple. There's a difference between manually copying just photos to a service, and having a legit full copy of your system state in the cloud, available at any time so you never have to worry about setting up a phone again.

As for the hacks, everyone's been hacked. Wasn't it just recently Dropbox had everyone change their passwords? And it says something that all the celebrity accounts are with iOS anyway... And Apple's beefed up security a good amount since then.

At one point Dropbox had s bug where any password would be accepted for a couple of hours...

At one point Dropbox had s bug where any password would be accepted for a couple of hours...

^^

no one is hack-proof