Most Overpriced Tech?

CaptainKoda

Wow those prices are good just that I'd rather pay $10-$20 for more stable drivers as in jays r9 290x video he said he has benn getting crashes with his r9 290x. Yet AMD isn't a bad brand maybe I might get one of ther r9 300 series card depending on where there priced at.

driver issues are not a thing anymore.. ive found amd drivers to be better..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

This goes off topic, but I'm not in a great mood otherwise, and I need to vent.

'Overpriced, not that great'

No one is the Apple of gaming, because no one has created a single system of top-class hardware, respected software and other services all in-house that work together seamlessly. People love to bash on Apple but they do everything from scratch, they don't just build boxes for Microsoft's OS. They have a massive app ecosystem, top-class apps for productivity and such (which come free, unlike Office), and services like iTunes (the biggest digital music/movie distributor) and iCloud, which syncs all documents and data without needing to do anything but login with your Apple ID. Hell, they even create their own SoCs for their mobile devices. Any other manufacturer of mobile devices either builds a box and slaps on a Qualcomm chip and Google (or Microsoft) OS, or fails because of terrible market saturation.

The Apple comparison would only be fair if Razer had a fully independent OS and software services that they've been perfecting for 20+ years, and hardware that has been built to the precisest measurements with custom factory hardware and an extremely low tolerance for defects in displays, hardware, etc. Apple denies the display panels that most manufacturers use in their own products.

If anything, the price difference between Apple's stuff and alternatives (which are having closer and closer price gaps) is justified because of a mature and healthy ecosystem and a host of full-featured software that genuinely works well and doesn't cost a dime extra. OS X is free, iWork and iLife apps are free, iCloud backup is free, iOS updates are unanimous and don't wait for carrier approval, iOS devices have much longer software support than most Android alternatives, and 'gimmicks' that Apple introduces (64-bit mobile processors, Touch ID, support for WiFi on the iMac way back in 1998) all quickly become mainstream things. Pretty soon, having just one or two USB-C connectors will be common practice in mobile devices.

Please stop bashing a company that's done more good for the consumer electronics than many others combined with petty arguments about how much they charge for their products. Just don't buy them.

/rant

I would disagree about corsair, at least for a good deal of their products. Mechanical keyboards and specialty Ram kits are costly regardless of the brand - so those items don't really count imo.

Razer fits the bill, except there's no quality control. Alienware definitely, and also Turtle Beach. actually, any pair of headphones or earbuds that cost hundreds of dollars.

Thing is though, Apple rarely produce their own products. they take samples of all the hardware that is out there, and Frankenstein together what works with their ecosystem. few companies can boast the same practice.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I would disagree about corsair, at least for a good deal of their products. Mechanical keyboards and specialty Ram kits are costly regardless of the brand - so those items don't really count imo.

Razer fits the bill, except there's no quality control. Alienware definitely, and also Turtle Beach. actually, any pair of headphones or earbuds that cost hundreds of dollars.

There keyboard are great but I mean there Ram prices aren't compared to other stuff on the market. Just my opinion.

No one is the Apple of gaming, because no one has created a single system of top-class hardware, respected software and other services all in-house that work together seamlessly. People love to bash on Apple but they do everything from scratch, they don't just build boxes for Microsoft's OS. They have a massive app ecosystem, top-class apps for productivity and such (which come free, unlike Office), and services like iTunes (the biggest digital music/movie distributor) and iCloud, which syncs all documents and data without needing to do anything but login with your Apple ID. Hell, they even create their own SoCs for their mobile devices. Any other manufacturer of mobile devices either builds a box and slaps on a Qualcomm chip and Google (or Microsoft) OS, or fails because of terrible market saturation.

The Apple comparison would only be fair if Razer had a fully independent OS and software services that they've been perfecting for 20+ years, and hardware that has been built to the precisest measurements with custom factory hardware and an extremely low tolerance for defects in displays, hardware, etc. Apple denies the display panels that most manufacturers use in their own products.

If anything, the price difference between Apple's stuff and alternatives (which are having closer and closer price gaps) is justified because of a mature and healthy ecosystem and a host of full-featured software that genuinely works well and doesn't cost a dime extra. OS X is free, iWork and iLife apps are free, iCloud backup is free, iOS updates are unanimous and don't wait for carrier approval, iOS devices have much longer software support than most Android alternatives, and 'gimmicks' that Apple introduces (64-bit mobile processors, Touch ID, support for WiFi on the iMac way back in 1998) all quickly become mainstream things. Pretty soon, having just one or two USB-C connectors will be common practice in mobile devices.

Please stop bashing a company that's done more good for the consumer electronics than many others combined with petty arguments about how much they charge for their products. Just don't buy them.

/rant

wut even austin evans said the new macbook is overpriced.

/rant

i don't think anybody has done as much dumb crap as apple either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and i don't know anyone that uses icloud.

but whatever

EDIT:#notenoughports

apple.jpg

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

LTT Forum Beginners Guide

but whatever

lol

wut even austin evans said the new macbook is overpriced.

It's more expensive than other ultrabooks, yes, but do other ultrabooks have the insane (I mean INSANE) build quality, fully custom keyboard, the quality (not just PPI) of the Retina display, or the software suite and efficient OS that the MacBook does? Or the 10-hour battery life? Or the new trackpad that's actually pretty damn impressive with the haptic feedback and depth sensing?

No. They are simply thinner Windows laptops that have cheap brushed aluminum finishes. The MacBook has so many custom parts and design features that it's not fair to compare it to other laptops just because of the spec sheet.

but whatever

Ok.

And anyone with an iPhone / iPad / Mac / Apple TV uses iCloud. It's automatic - the point is that you don't need to set it up and configure it intentionally. It's just there.

Thing is though, Apple rarely produce their own products. they take samples of all the hardware that is out there, and Frankenstein together what works with their ecosystem. few companies can boast the same practice.

coming from the guy with the logitech g230 :huh:

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

Ok.

And anyone with an iPhone / iPad / Mac / Apple TV uses iCloud. It's automatic - the point is that you don't need to set it up and configure it intentionally. It's just there.

but this fella makes it sound so cool but rly nobody gives af

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

Its funny cause its true.

THAT'S THE POINT.

It's there so when you reset your iPhone, your backup is there waiting - or all your documents are all saved automatically between devices, or all your photos are backed up in case they get lost. It's not a front-page feature, it's something ingenious that takes no effort but saves you tons of time and (potential) aggravation.

THAT'S THE POINT.

It's there so when you reset your iPhone, your backup is there waiting - or all your documents are all saved automatically between devices, or all your photos are backed up in case they get lost. It's not a front-page feature, it's something ingenious that takes no effort but saves you tons of time and (potential) aggravation.

The amount of storage that it comes with though LOL 5GB damn.

coming from the guy with the logitech g230 :huh:

yeah, I know... 50 dollar headphones. But I find anything more expensive has a steep dropoff for improved sound quality.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Pretty much by Apple I mean overpriced yet people still by there stuff even though there not that great compared to other stuff on the market.

I would say Corsair and Razer and Astro.

Razer, hands down.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

The amount of storage that it comes with though LOL 5GB damn.

But it's free. And upgrading it is dirt-cheap - 25GB a month for $.99, $4 a month for 20GB.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201238

Google drive gives you 15 gb for free. Wow thank you Apple.

Ok, but GDrive doesn't backup things like iCloud does - and Apple isn't Google, so they don't have petabytes of storage with all your personal information on file. Plus, photos don't count toward storage if they're on a device. If they're only on iCloud they do though.

Point is, it's convenient as hell and works better than any other solution out there.

THAT'S THE POINT.

first of all, documents? on an iphone? get real man

AND BACKUP WHAT INGENIOUS BACK HOLY WOWZ SCIENCE BOII

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

It's across all Apple devices, including iPhones.

Also, it's all automatic, so you don't need to drag things into Google Drive. It's just going to back it up, and you don't need to worry about it. It's not a new concept, but it's way more useful than just having an online flash drive that needs everything done manually. Obviously you don't work with too many documents across more than one device... Or have used any Apple device outside of saying 'see? this is why it sucks!'

Ok, but GDrive doesn't backup things like iCloud does - and Apple isn't Google, so they don't have petabytes of storage with all your personal information on file. Plus, photos don't count toward storage if they're on a device. If they're only on iCloud they do though.

Point is, it's convenient as hell and works better than any other solution out there.

or all your photos are backed up in case they get lost.

but they take up space eh?

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

He really likes Apple. :ph34r:

but they take up space eh?

Yes, if the photo is only on iCloud, it counts. If it's on more than one device, it doesn't. If you only have one device, all photos are kept on iCloud. You can elect to have all photos uploaded though, if you want.