Do People on Here Not Like Slightly Long Posts?

MeesterJackson

Generally long posts make me click away because people go on and on without getting to the point.

The thread you linked to, for me, is just to much junk without getting the point across.

Edit: The time of the linked post & this post.. Calm your self.. People aren't going to answer right away. Give it more than 30 minutes. People are going read it and not respond every time

How is it too much junk? I followed a MODERATORS instructions on how to write a good build log. Everything is detailed to the point. 

It's been nearly 2 hours now.... -__-

@MeesterJackson

I felt your first sentence made me instantly lose interest. Also I didn't like the title. No need for '(A Gamer's "TUF" Occupation)'. It is irrelevant information.

This is just my opinion though.

It was a joke...hence why it's in brackets. I see someone has no sense of humor. 

unless it's a build log, tutorial, or rant, i personally dislike long posts. 

Well did you see my post? It's honestly not that long. 

no, your post isn't even that long. 

it's also good to note that spacing helps. if im attacked with a wall of text that's not paragraphed out, it's an automatic exit

Thanks.

Yeah I try to do that often. Though not so much there as I already was numbering them anyways. 

Honestly, I don't mind long posts, I tend to make a lot of long posts highlighting good and bad parts of things. However, if I am seen to go onto a topic and then leave it without posting, it is either because the question asked is outside my knowledge or area of expertise, because it has already been answered or because I do not have the facilities to make a valid post (pcpartpicker etc when on mobile devices isn't the best).

However, a shorter, condensed post that gives a suitable amount of detail over what is being asked, without being too wasteful with words is a lot better for most people, due to attention spans varying from person to person.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

It was a joke...hence why it's in brackets. I see someone has no sense of humor. 

That was a joke? Oh right. Still, it probably shouldn't have been in the title. I feel the title should clear, give a lot of info but be concise. Your title was perfect except for the "joke". 

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

That was a joke? Oh right. Still, it probably shouldn't have been in the title. I feel the title should clear, give a lot of info but be concise. Your title was perfect except for the "joke". 

Did you even read the first sentence of the post? lol It's a funny name for the build. 

Did you even read the first sentence of the post? lol It's a funny name for the build. 

Sorry I didn't realise what that was. It is kinda late here and I am tired. Plus I didn't even know what "TUF" stood for. I had to google it.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Go to the thread, look to the right of the title of the post, and it will say "X amount of Replies" and under it, it will say "X amount of Views."

those view counts arent always accurate

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Sorry I didn't realise what that was. It is kinda late here and I am tired. Plus I didn't even know what "TUF" stood for. I had to google it.

"The Ultimate Force" by ASUS. 

"The Ultimate Force" by ASUS. 

Oh right. I assumed it was "The Ultimate Fighter". So is the full name of the PC going to be "A Gamer's "TUF" Occupation"? Sorry I don't get the whole naming thing. Unless it is a mod build where you plan to use TUF as a logo or something.

Oh right. I assumed it was "The Ultimate Fighter". So is the full name of the PC going to be "A Gamer's "TUF" Occupation"? Sorry I don't get the whole naming thing. Unless it is a mod build where you plan to use TUF as a logo or something.

Because TUF is pronounced "Tough." 

So it sounds like "A Gamer's Tough Job." 

Because TUF is pronounced "Tough." 

So it sounds like "A Gamer's Tough Job." 

Yeah don't worry, I got that part. ;)

I thought this was a spam thread on how a particular extremity getting lengthen? :wacko:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I like long posts. But sometimes I just don't have the patience to read through it. Depends on my mood.
Just curious, how long did you wait to make this thread, after you made the one that got no replies?
Sometimes it just takes a while for the steam train to get going.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

One time I had like +50 views and only about less than 10 replies...that's A LOT of not replying being done. 

Boo hoo...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

If someone took the time to write it and its not bs I'll read it

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

I think if I posted on every topic that I read it would end up just being spam in the end. I like to only comment if I can contribute to the conversation to some degree.

Ok, no seriously, this is getting old really fast. 

Whenever I post a long or just decently sized post, people of the community (not all of them), seem to click on the post in the thread, see how long it is, then immediately click away at the sight of seeing just how long it is. I can SEE how many people have clicked on it. When it reaches over 10 views that immediately tells me "Yep, people are being lazy again and don't feel like reading." 

I actually had an important, legitimate post topic that I wanted thoughts and suggestions on. Has anyone other than 1 person responded to it yet?...NOPE. 

With that being said, I'm going to post the link to that post here, and you guys tell me what you think, is it too long? Am I going crazy here? (Oh, and if you answer my questions in that post, then I'd greatly appreciate it).

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/230311-high-end-build-finalizing-a-gamers-tuf-occupation-suggestions-ideas-thoughts-broken-link-fixed/

A long post is like listening to a chatty person like Tamara from awkward or James May from top gear go on and on and on most of the times, Do you like listening to a person go on and on and on and on?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Yeah don't worry, I got that part. ;)

Ok, well I'm a gamer, I like heavy gaming, but I'm a gamer who's busy and has things like college and YouTube work to worry about. So it's a tough job. Lol 

I thought this was a spam thread on how a particular extremity getting lengthen? :wacko:

Why...would it be? You'd know why if you'd read it and some of the comments. 

I like long posts. But sometimes I just don't have the patience to read through it. Depends on my mood.

Just curious, how long did you wait to make this thread, after you made the one that got no replies?

Sometimes it just takes a while for the steam train to get going.

About 30 minutes+ in which no one really new outside of the people from THIS post really responded. So If I hadn't made this post, the one that was more lengthy, probably wouldn't have gotten any responses. 

Boo hoo...

Ah the smell of D-Baggery. 

Ok, no seriously, this is getting old really fast. 

Whenever I post a long or just decently sized post, people of the community (not all of them), seem to click on the post in the thread, see how long it is, then immediately click away at the sight of seeing just how long it is. I can SEE how many people have clicked on it. When it reaches over 10 views that immediately tells me "Yep, people are being lazy again and don't feel like reading." 

So original post at 10:25 then another post complainig about the lack of replies at 11:07.  The initial post has 29 replies BTW.

First of all the members of this forum are in many time zones so may well be in bed/at school/at work etc when you post.

Secondly most do not spend all their computer time on LTT they will probably be doing something else.

Thirdly people may well have read it but have nothing to add or an answer to your post

People are not necessarily being lazy perhaps you are expecting too much too soon.

About 30 minutes+

Seriuosly?  This is NOT a chat room, have a bit of patience.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Yep dude been fighting this since the beginning. If you write something over a paragraph, maybe two, 90%+ of people won't read it or at least all of it.