Split Screen PC gaming?

Nikeshp79

Wondering if there are any good split screen PC games if possible. I already have a console (PS3) but just wondering if there are any different split screen games on PC. If not, I'll mark solved so thanks for any replies :)

You can split screen Minecraft, however you have to mod it. (joypad mod).  You can also play Gamecube/Wii games with Dolphin.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Serious sam 3 BFE has a splitscreen mode, but that's the only one I really know of. There are a decent amount of local multiplayer games that are not splitscreen on steam. 

If you feel like doing a bit more work portal 2 also can run in splitscreen, here's a guide on how to do it:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1847904

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Left 4 dead (console commands required)

Dungeon Defenders

A few others but I can't remember.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

You can split screen Minecraft, however you have to mod it. (joypad mod).  You can also play Gamecube/Wii games with Dolphin.

this, I set up 2 monitors, and you can play any modded mine craft. ran 5 tekkit clients and a tekkit server fine on my I5/hd 7950. limited 4 of them to 30 fps but it managed. only issue is each like 2.5 gigs of ram

A solution (though not technically splitscreen) would be to Multiseat your PC or split it up into weaker machines...

The most effective way would be to set up two Virtual machines with a specific set of USB controllers.  (mouse and keyboard) but the obvious downside is that you need two copies of a game...  Offline mode might work but games tend to not like having a clone with a clone.
This is not going to give optimal performance for the newest titles but for weaker games it will work quite well if the latency is okay.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

http://pccouchcoop.com/ found with a quick search, I'm not sure how updated or valid the list is. It should give you a good start for looking up split screen and co - op PC games.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Here is a great list OP, not up to date for some games though

From the local co-op games (one computer single/split screen) that I play with my fiancee, I recommend Risk of Rain, Castle Crashers, FORCED, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Portal 2, Spelunky, Hero Siege, Hammerwatch, Trine 2, and Monaco.

3x Dell U2414H Triple Monitor Surround @ 5760x1080 / Corsair Obsidian 900D / ASUS ROG Z97 Maximus VII Hero / i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz / 2x EVGA SC GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1150MHz / 16GB GeiL DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz / 120GB Samsung 840 EVO / Corsair AX1200W PSU

Gallery: [1] [2] [3] - Fire Strike Score - Steam Profile