PCSX2 Terrible quality

Wano97

I had no idea where to post this

Why do my games look this bad compared to my PS2? Is there any settings I didn't change? Can I improve it?

I see that the top says 512x512, but surely this can't be the resolution, right?

y8258cC.png

I had no idea where to post this

Why do my games look this bad compared to my PS2? Is there any settings I didn't change? Can I improve it?

I see that the top says 512x512, but surely this can't be the resolution, right?

y8258cC.png

PS2 resolution is 720x480, so it's likely scaled unproperly 

"Rawr XD"

Screenshot all your settings.

PCSX2 has shitloads, which ones?

PS2 resolution is 720x480, so it's likely scaled unproperly 

Sorry for double

Surely it could look better than this

Looks like a bad upscale...

Try setting the rendering (can't point it out right now since I'm not at my main rig) resolution to 720p, and the PS2's aspect ratio via the bios to 16:9...

Sorry for double

gotta be a multiple of 720x480 (1.5x does count, just HAS to be from that res)

1080x720 would be 1.5x

1440x960 would be 2x

Sorry for double

PS2 games compared to today's games obviously will look like crap lol

512x512 isn't the correct resolution though. It's supposed to be rectangular, not a square.

"Rawr XD"

512x512 isn't the correct resolution though. It's supposed to be rectangular, not a square.

I still own a PS2 though, and it looked much better, I'll just try playing around with the resolution and rendering as the others said.

If i remember currently,in the settings there is an option to keep the resolution as the original resolution 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I still own a PS2 though, and it looked much better, I'll just try playing around with the resolution and rendering as the others said.

Me too 

#PS2MasterRace 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

There is the 4:3 option which makes some games look better...

Me too 

#PS2MasterRace 

I can't believe I still see people with actual PS2s... Brings tears of joy to my eyes...

I've got the thick version... Still works perfectly... I'm enjoying some Gundam games on the platform...

Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings

Then make sure you untick Original PS2 Resolution and use Scaling of 4x to 6x.

That should make things better.  FXAA and FX Shader aren't really necessary and cause extra load for minimal visual improvements. 

I can't believe I still see people with actual PS2s... Brings tears of joy to my eyes...

I've got the thick version... Still works perfectly... I'm enjoying some Gundam games on the platform...

I still have mine (slim one) and i had so many chances of selling it but i just wanted to keep it as a memory/collectable 

I played more games on that then on Pc 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

gotta be a multiple of 720x480 (1.5x does count, just HAS to be from that res)

1080x720 would be 1.5x

1440x960 would be 2x

512x448

this is what it should look like at these settings on a 1440p desktop space

lSxlnO7.png

your settings should look like this, but I'm using a 770 at stock OC, so you can probably pick something a bit more aggressive.

config > Video GS > Plugin settings

Window settings drop down option under video GS shouldn't matter as long as you have wide screen ratio selected.

you can crank up MSAA in the "hardware hacks" section.

JchuXTU.png

Error: 410

wait sorry to change the res of the actual game you need to go to Video - plugin settings and you will find graphical settings there.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

512x448

this is what it should look like at these settings on a 1440p desktop space

your settings should look like this, but I'm using a 770 at stock OC, so you can probably pick something a bit more aggressive.

config > Video GS > Plugin settings

Window settings drop down option under video GS shouldn't matter as long as you have wide screen ratio selected.

you can crank up MSAA in the "hardware hacks" section.

What Resolution do you have at Config -> Emulation settings -> GS window? and what aspect ratio there

Beach I've got three, and mah daddeh has two! 

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

What Resolution do you have at Config -> Emulation settings -> GS window? and what aspect ratio there

16:9 is all that matters

resolution is dynamic and changes when you resize the window or full screen it, so changing that option does literally nothing.

Error: 410

16:9 is all that matters

resolution is dynamic and changes when you resize the window or full screen it, so changing that option does literally nothing.

I thought so aswell. NFS 2 goes down to like 3 fps though when actually in-game. Tekken has this weird artifacting (The black lines)

http://i.imgur.com/NcN1ezV.png

Edit: Why the hell does NFS 2 use 3GB of vram

if you want your games to be rendered at 1080p, regardless of window size, follow @helping 's steps, but uncheck the native box in D3D internal resolution and enter 1920x1080 in the custom resolution box. Like this:

post-42902-0-93860800-1412790008.png

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8