I accidentaly flashed the wrong ROM on my G3, HELP

TheNerdyCanadian

ok, so as the title says, i flashed the wrong custom ROM for my phone (SphinX G3) the site said it was compatible with my specific model (Rogers D852) but it was for the D855, and now the flash tool thinks my phone is the D855 and won't let me flash it back to stock, any ideas guys?

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700 CPU Cooler - Cooler Master ML240R Motherboard - ASUS X470-PRO RAM - Team Group Vulcan 2400Mhz 16GB GPU - EVGA RTX 2070 Black SSD - Kingston A400 120GB, ADATA SU650 1TB HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU - Seasonic Focus+ 650W Case - Fractal Design Define C Keyboard - Corsair K60 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech LS21 2.1 w/ sub Headphones - ATM 50X Racing Wheel - Logitech G27 Monitors -  ASUS VS228H-P x2

ok, so as the title says, i flashed the wrong custom ROM for my phone (SphinX G3) the site said it was compatible with my specific model (Rogers D852) but it was for the D855, and now the flash tool thinks my phone is the D855 and won't let me flash it back to stock, any ideas guys?

It sounds like you bricked it. If that is the case I suggest you go to the link below and look up your specific phone. You will find information on how to attempt to recover your phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

It sounds like you bricked it. If that is the case I suggest you go to the link below and look up your specific phone. You will find information on how to attempt to recover your phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

it still boots and runs, i just can't flash it back to stock

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700 CPU Cooler - Cooler Master ML240R Motherboard - ASUS X470-PRO RAM - Team Group Vulcan 2400Mhz 16GB GPU - EVGA RTX 2070 Black SSD - Kingston A400 120GB, ADATA SU650 1TB HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU - Seasonic Focus+ 650W Case - Fractal Design Define C Keyboard - Corsair K60 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech LS21 2.1 w/ sub Headphones - ATM 50X Racing Wheel - Logitech G27 Monitors -  ASUS VS228H-P x2

try flashing a different rom if you can get to recovery. If that doesn't work use the lg recovery tool. 

it still boots and runs, i just can't flash it back to stock

Then you are lucky. It shouldn't be a issue to get back to stock. Check that forum i posted. It has a lot of useful tools and info.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

yup, i'm getting a fail error because the models are different, even though it's the right one

yup, i'm getting a fail error because the models are different, even though it's the right one

can you still get into your custom recovery? if so flash a new rom and also if you have a backup just restore it. 

can you still get into your custom recovery? if so flash a new rom and also if you have a backup just restore it. 

custom recovery doesn't work, and i already tried my backup, it says its a different model so it won't change settings :P

custom recovery doesn't work, and i already tried my backup, it says its a different model so it won't change settings :P

You mean you can't boot into recovery at all?

You mean you can't boot into recovery at all?

i mean it's automatically booting into recovery, and the recovery is corrupted so it just gives me a black screen and the notification LED flashes red and blue

i mean it's automatically booting into recovery, and the recovery is corrupted so it just gives me a black screen and the notification LED flashes red and blue

That's not good. Are there any root/unkock toolkits for the G3? Usually they have a brick fix built it.

That's not good. Are there any root/unkock toolkits for the G3? Usually they have a brick fix built it.

not that i can find, even my carrier's tool didn't work, going to send it in tomorrow