Crysis trilogy vs Mass Effect trilogy

grimmjow660

Which one should I buy?
Both are on sale through Origin.
And I already played through Mass Effect 1-3 on my xbox, but I wouldn't mind playing them completely again. (I got them on xbox before I had a pc)
And I've never played Crysis before, but am kinda like eh about it, but do wanna try it.

hmm, Mass Effect one is quite bad, two is good, and havent played 3, while Crysis is pretty but none of the games are really that good :/ but if you have played Mass effect ones thats probably enough, get Crysis :) the first game is pretty good.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Get Crisis. Its will probably be more fun to play a entirely new series.

I never found the Crysis series to be gripping. Although it was nothing like any other shooter out there, it still felt.. generic... beautiful without a doubt, but uninspired.

Mass Effect does show its age, however, two and three hold up a bit better, but they do show their age as well. This is perhaps the only thing positive I can say about EA, even though the title became laden with DLC after they got their hands on it, it enabled BioWare to take the game to the next level. Mass Effect 2 was a notable improvement over the first.

the Mass Effect series, however, are the gold standard when it comes to storytelling (even with the big hoopla about ME3's ending... which i'm not a fan of, but don't hate it near as much as some did)

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

hmm, Mass Effect one is quite bad, two is good, and havent played 3, while Crysis is pretty but none of the games are really that good :/ but if you have played Mass effect ones thats probably enough, get Crysis :) the first game is pretty good.

To me, I liked MAss Effect 1 :P

I never found the Crysis series to be gripping. Although it was nothing like any other shooter out there, it still felt.. generic... beautiful without a doubt, but uninspired.

Mass Effect does show its age, however, two and three hold up a bit better, but they do show their age as well. This is perhaps the only thing positive I can say about EA, even though the title became laden with DLC after they got their hands on it, it enabled BioWare to take the game to the next level.

the Mass Effect series, however, are the gold standard when it comes to storytelling (even with the big hoopla about ME3's ending... which i'm not a fan of, but don't hate it near as much as some did)

Yea that's the only thing pulling me to playing Crysis, it looks amazingly good.

Mass Effect definitely.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

To me, I liked MAss Effect 1 :P

have you played it since the first times? the game mechanics and combat and such is fucking terrible, i loved it aswell the first time, then i went back after playing mass effect 2 and im completely unable to play it, 

have you played it since the first times? the game mechanics and combat and such is fucking terrible, i loved it aswell the first time, then i went back after playing mass effect 2 and im completely unable to play it, 

This is true. I haven't played it in years.

Yea that's the only thing pulling me to playing Crysis, it looks amazingly good.

Dear Esther is a visually pleasing experience, too. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy, however.

Playing a visually impressive game, with an uninspired and un-generically generic (for lack of a better expression) game is the equivalent of a blind person trying to enjoy an art gallery.

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Dear Esther is a visually pleasing experience, too. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy, however.

Playing a visually impressive game, with an uninspired and un-generically generic (for lack of a better expression) game is the equivalent of a blind person trying to enjoy an art gallery.

But crysis has the suit and some interesting combat due to this

But crysis has the suit and some interesting combat due to this

Due to... what? :P

I really did try to give this game the benefit of the doubt, with both Crysis 2 and 3 (never played the first) both have about 10 hours into them. I just find after about 10-15 minutes of gameplay, I just don't care anymore. I don't know what's happened story wise, nor do I care what happens next. The game feels as such:

Walk over there, kill some stuff, walk over here, kill some more stuff, walk down that way, kill a big thing, walk over yonder, and blow something up. I just can't find a reason to go back to the game. even when i'm bored out of my mind, and the entirety of my library sounds boring, i'd much rather shut my system down and read a book (that's not to say that I don't enjoy reading - i actually enjoy reading a fair bit, it's just to say that it's not worth the time to me)

Due to... what? :P

I really did try to give this game the benefit of the doubt, with both Crysis 2 and 3 (never played the first) both have about 10 hours into them. I just find after about 10-15 minutes of gameplay, I just don't care anymore. I don't know what's happened story wise, nor do I care what happens next. The game feels as such:

Walk over there, kill some stuff, walk over here, kill some more stuff, walk down that way, kill a big thing, walk over yonder, and blow something up. I just can't find a reason to go back to the game. even when i'm bored out of my mind, and the entirety of my library sounds boring, i'd much rather shut my system down and read a book (that's not to say that I don't enjoy reading - i actually enjoy reading a fair bit, it's just to say that it's not worth the time to me)

you just described every shooter or other adventure game in existance :P someone should mod in a puzzle and everything would be covered.

but yea, not saying that the game is good, but Crysis 1 has gameplay, and if you have played all of mass effect already why play them again? they are kinda shit for the most part

you just described every shooter or other adventure game in existance :P someone should mod in a puzzle and everything would be covered.

but yea, not saying that the game is good, but Crysis 1 has gameplay, and if you have played all of mass effect already why play them again? they are kinda shit for the most part

Oh, I know I did... :P but at least some of the other ones are interesting... :P I think the Crysis series appeals to a niche community of gamers, neither Crysis 2 or three were able to hold a player base for very long. Multiplayer for Crysis 3 was all but dead two months into its life. Doesn't mean that it's a bad game... it just doesn't suit my tastes.

Mass Effect, however, is my gold standard when it comes to storytelling through a game. I thought I had suck quite a bit of time into TES in recent years with Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim totaling over 2000 hours combined. With the time on PC and 360 combined between all three Mass Effect titles, it easily doubles TES.

I know people who hate the series. much like Crysis doesn't suit me, Mass Effect doesn't suit them.

Oh, I know I did... :P but at least some of the other ones are interesting... :P I think the Crysis series appeals to a niche community of gamers, neither Crysis 2 or three were able to hold a player base for very long. Multiplayer for Crysis 3 was all but dead two months into its life. Doesn't mean that it's a bad game... it just doesn't suit my tastes.

Mass Effect, however, is my gold standard when it comes to storytelling through a game. I thought I had suck quite a bit of time into TES in recent years with Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim totaling over 2000 hours combined. With the time on PC and 360 combined between all three Mass Effect titles, it easily doubles TES.

I know people who hate the series. much like Crysis doesn't suit me, Mass Effect doesn't suit them.

i just find Mass Effect 1 to be way too slow in the story telling once you have completed the game once, and with the combat being horrid in 1 compared to 2 even the mid parts becomes a hassle.

I have now 3 times tried to finish the first game again so that i can do a full playthrough of all 3 games with the same save.. but so far i have not managed this :/

well crysis 3 was epic so i vote that

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Mass Effect if you like a film with your decisions and an epic story (gameplay meh)

Crysis if you want to have awesome gameplay and a meh story

Well, the first Crysis + Warhead were pretty fun games. I never managed to completely finish Crysis 2, and I never played Crysis 3. From what I've seen, general consensus seems to be that the series went downhill gameplay-wise but uphill graphics-wise with each new iteration. Or, at least, Crysis 2 is less fun than Crysis 1 + Warhead. I did like the more open-map Far-Cry-ish gameplay of Crysis 1 + Warhead.

For Mass Effect, since you've played through them already -- and I'm assuming still own them -- maybe only get them if you want to try to have a more future-proof place to save the games for if you end up getting rid of your xbox. That's one way I approach buying things for PC anyway. I mean, you've played them all, so you would know which ones you like and don't like already.

Mass Effect was amazing in all 3 iterations, Crysis not so much. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

As computer games the crysis series is not even worth mentioning in the same breath as the Mass Effect series. The only thing that makes this a difficult choice is that you have already played Mass Effect.

Well, the first Crysis + Warhead were pretty fun games. I never managed to completely finish Crysis 2, and I never played Crysis 3. From what I've seen, general consensus seems to be that the series went downhill gameplay-wise but uphill graphics-wise with each new iteration. Or, at least, Crysis 2 is less fun than Crysis 1 + Warhead. I did like the more open-map Far-Cry-ish gameplay of Crysis 1 + Warhead.

For Mass Effect, since you've played through them already -- and I'm assuming still own them -- maybe only get them if you want to try to have a more future-proof place to save the games for if you end up getting rid of your xbox. That's one way I approach buying things for PC anyway. I mean, you've played them all, so you would know which ones you like and don't like already.

That is an excellent way to approach it.

Crysis 3 is your last choice then. Crisis trilogy is really great. But I think crysis 1 was the best.

I would have to say get crysis. :)

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

LOL asking Mass Effect or Crysis?

Do you want games that will last 30h in total or 300h?

Get Mass Effect and never mention to anyone that you even had to ask this question

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Mass Effect definitely.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.