remington 870 question extractor question?

achillesviper

1. Nothing that can:

Provide food

safe your live

save the lives of those you love

Is useless. What is useless is the defeatist sheep mentality that the propaganda these days teaches people, rather than the can do, ready to go, ready to stay alive mentality that they should teach people.

(also, the "it can never happen" statement is a classic sign of that mentality, you have been conditioned to believe that society will always be there, and will always look out for you, when that is simply not possible, and not a safe way to think, only you can ensure your own survival)

It looks almost exactly the same as the extractor on my 870. What rounds are you using? what length? etc. Best bet is to do what you have already done, take it apart and clean everything as best you can, and then retest it. If that doesn't work, best bet is to head over to the forums at www.cheaperthandirt.com, thats where I go for my gun questions. Although it's been a while since I was there since the forums seemed to have depopulated, but I'm sure there's someone who can help you figure this out better than I can. I might know a bit about guns, but I am by no means an expert on gunsmithing. I recently discovered that my 870's safety button was sticky as hell (hard to push) because I had the after market rear stock tightened down too much, and was putting pressure on the trigger guard. So a lot of things are trial and error.

Also, google and youtube are invaluable for stuff like this.

when it messed up i was shooting winchester AA's, the remington bulk box you get at walmart, and some stuff i found at gander mtn, cant remember the name. they are all 2 3/4 or 3" this 870 wont do 3 1/2" and they were all birshot, bewteen 4-8 shot with about the same grain in them all. im going to a field here in an hour ill let you know how it turns out

when it messed up i was shooting winchester AA's, the remington bulk box you get at walmart, and some stuff i found at gander mtn, cant remember the name. they are all 2 3/4 or 3" this 870 wont do 3 1/2" and they were all birshot, bewteen 4-8 shot with about the same grain in them all. im going to a field here in an hour ill let you know how it turns out

Did you remember to clean the face of the bolt? I know that sometimes that can get sticky (on any weapon) and cause the shell to not want to eject.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Did you remember to clean the face of the bolt? I know that sometimes that can get sticky (on any weapon) and cause the shell to not want to eject.

when i said i cleaned everything, i meant it. i took apart everything i felt comfortable with, so everything besides the trigger, and cleaned it.

bad news! cleaning it as much as i could did NOT fix the issue..so i guess ill have to take it to a gun smith, thanks everyone for your help. 

Don't even need to go hunting, you can always go to the target range and blow up some milk containers.  ;)

if you have a good way to manage the trash, after christmas go to walmart and get a few hundred ornaments.......

Tell me if this thread helps you mate, seems that the extractor needs cleaning/polishing possibly.

thats what i was thinking too.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

bad news! cleaning it as much as i could did NOT fix the issue..so i guess ill have to take it to a gun smith, thanks everyone for your help.

Last time I took a gun to a gun smith to fix they took my money and said they fixed it which they didnt and when we took it back they told me I was putting the gun together wrong which was not the case. It was part of the gun they sold me was machined to such a lose tolerence that the dust cover was too short to stay in place when shot so i ended up fixing it myself and told them to fuck off.

Ask @Trik'Stari hes like a collector or something.

PM him or whatever, hes offline now but he should get back to you soon if you message him.

I wouldn't say collector, enthusiast definitely

Last time I took a gun to a gun smith to fix they took my money and said they fixed it which they didnt and when we took it back they told me I was putting the gun together wrong which was not the case. It was part of the gun they sold me was machined to such a lose tolerence that the dust cover was too short to stay in place when shot so i ended up fixing it myself and told them to fuck off.

Gonna take a wild stab in the dark here because you said dust cover, ak-47? They are "good" guns, but I hate shooting them. They always feel like they are going to fly apart in my hands.

I'd post pictures and explain the issue on cheaper than dirt, at least learn what the issue is before throwing it at a gunsmith and saying "fix it", chances are they will just take your money, clean it like you did, and then give it back to you.

Gonna take a wild stab in the dark here because you said dust cover, ak-47? They are "good" guns, but I hate shooting them. They always feel like they are going to fly apart in my hands.

saiga .308 ak variant. fixed the problem by bending the back of the dust cover until it was no longer hitting me in the face when shooting it would only stay on for 2-3 shots before popping off.

saiga .308 ak variant. fixed the problem by bending the back of the dust cover until it was no longer hitting me in the face when shooting it would only stay on for 2-3 shots before popping off.

Lol I knew it was an AK variant, those always have trouble with the dust cover. You do know that you can shoot without it yes? And .308? goddamn that had to kick like hell.

Lol I knew it was an AK variant, those always have trouble with the dust cover. You do know that you can shoot without it yes? And .308? goddamn that had to kick like hell.

Yes but I would rather have it on then off and ya it has some kick lol

Yes but I would rather have it on then off and ya it has some kick lol

Fair enough. And I bet lol. Shooting my 5.56 AR is like a gentle nudge.

Fair enough. And I bet lol. Shooting my 5.56 AR is like a gentle nudge.

The fn fal I put together is a far better simi auto 308 then the saiga ever was

The fn fal I put together is a far better simi auto 308 then the saiga ever was

I've always wanted one of those, too bad they are so damned expensive.

I think the 2 I put together came out to $1,200 each for austrian part kits and upper recivers and enough parts to make them us legal

How expensive are they here in the States?

How expensive are they here in the States?

If I remember correctly, like $1100? I just remember they're really expensive, you might as well just go for an m14 (which is more accurate anyways)

m14 is like, my dream gun

I think the 2 I put together came out to $1,200 each for austrian part kits and upper recivers and enough parts to make them us legal

I was close, but those are parts kits which are way harder to do. If I remember it's 1100-1200 for a prebuilt one (which probably can't be found anymore since obama hates imported guns, and guns in general). I'd still rather pay the same and get an m14.

I have seen them in the 1,250-1,500 range in california

If I remember correctly, like $1100? I just remember they're really expensive, you might as well just go for an m14 (which is more accurate anyways)

m14 is like, my dream gun

I was close, but those are parts kits which are way harder to do. If I remember it's 1100-1200 for a prebuilt one (which probably can't be found anymore since obama hates imported guns, and guns in general). I'd still rather pay the same and get an m14.

man its so nice seeing people discuss guns, i love it when we can all get along.. brings a tear to my eye :') 

man its so nice seeing people discuss guns, i love it when we can all get along.. brings a tear to my eye :')

just have to do it when no one is watching lol

lol right, btw you should so put up a pic of the FAL's if you still have them..i love those things..with they were a little less than what i paid for my first car though

Indeed, before people come along and call us insane. I for one have an interest for antique guns, I've got an old mosin that I ruined by painting and trying to remove the rear iron sights, I'd really like to buy another one and make a really nice stock for it and restore it to better than original condition, kind of like this one

I'd also like to build an old school kentucky rifle style muzzle loader, engrave the barrel, receiver, etc. Make one of those guns that you'd pick up and think "if this was in fallout, it'd be a unique weapon."

Edit: Correct video uploaded

Indeed, before people come along and call us insane. I for one have an interest for antique guns, I've got an old mosin that I ruined by painting and trying to remove the rear iron sights, I'd really like to buy another one and make a really nice stock for it and restore it to better than original condition, kind of like this one

I'd also like to build an old school kentucky rifle style muzzle loader, engrave the barrel, receiver, etc. Make one of those guns that you'd pick up and think "if this was in fallout, it'd be a unique weapon."

Edit: Correct video uploaded

im thinking about getting the archangel stock for my mosin.. they look sick and a magazine fed mosin? yes please.. but ive heard mixed reviews

im thinking about getting the archangel stock for my mosin.. they look sick and a magazine fed mosin? yes please.. but ive heard mixed reviews

If I remember correctly, it's just an m14 .308 magazine. I know that people who reload for mosin nagants use .308 bullets and shell casings because .308 is 7.62x51 instead of 7.62x54r

lol right, btw you should so put up a pic of the FAL's if you still have them..i love those things..with they were a little less than what i paid for my first car though

I dont own either and have no photos on hand(odd seeing as i know i took photos on my last self phone but they must have been saved to the phone not the memory card). one is my brothers and the other is my friends

all i could find is one before i tightened the barrel on or put the hand guard / bi-pod back on

HmZTCmF.jpg